Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Well played Pick, well played...
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ack! I fangirl XD.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Woot woot woooooooot!
JADAFETWA
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

"Councilor Umber is sporting the luxuriant-yet-casual bathrobe by Mervil Textiles. Mervil: Sexual ambiguity never looked so good!"

:P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

God. You would not believe how many kids at school were lifting up his robe to try and guess his gender 9_9.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Didn't you tell everyone that he was a flat-chested woman in order to avoid confusion? ^_^
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Nope, I said it had no gender.

Nobody listened. Debate raged ;_;.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Is Umber the Black King by any chance inspired by the Goblin King played by David Bowie?
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:Nope, I said it had no gender.

Nobody listened. Debate raged ;_;.
You should have drawn Chibi Hyral instead. Then there would be no debate. :wink:

I have no way of even comprehending the effort and talent required to make a sculpture, so I can't say anything more than "Wha? Holy- good job." when I see that.

Umber needs a tan. :P
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

MRDOD wrote:Umber needs a tan. :P
He'd need some opacity first! XD
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Alan Bolte wrote:Is Umber the Black King by any chance inspired by the Goblin King played by David Bowie?
Nope, but I made a joke about that when I was first inserting his hair... :wink:.
MRDOD wrote:Umber needs a tan. :P
Umber can't tan :P.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Thats freaking awesome. And Umbar needs a tan, fast.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

You know, I actually had a very strange dream a few weeks ago. I was travelling through an ancient Indian (not Native American) ruin, all laced throughout the trees (some of which were made of brick!) It was fascenating, but dark and beautiful --almost reminiscent of the ruins in Disney's Jungle Book. I was with two other people, but I can't recall who they were. Somehow, I ended up going through my school as part of this ancient, broken set of stone and liana... .

And I was in the hall, oh, near where the library used to be, and an unfinished sculpture of Edge was eating students rather messily. I was scared as hell, just because I said, "But I chose not to make you... ." You could still see all the unpainted Super Sculpey and his hair wasn't all in, kind of like if he had the mange. He was laughing about it, because apparently he could speak.

... yeah, so, maybe that was my mind's message to me: good on you, making Umber instead, you crazy fangirl retard!

Actually, it was going to be Shader, but I knew I couldn't make his hair long enough so I opted out :(.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pah, whoever was trying to guess Umber's gender are fools. Can they not see how GAR he is?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I find the fact that Umber actually looks real in those pics both most awesome and somewhat disturbing. :wink:

By the way, I forgot to ask; how long did it take to make him?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:... yeah, so, maybe that was my mind's message to me: good on you, making Umber instead, you crazy fangirl retard!
Bah. Edge is just an attention whore. :P
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Pah, whoever was trying to guess Umber's gender are fools. Can they not see how GAR he is?
We're all gar for Umber 8).
Noble Ire wrote:By the way, I forgot to ask; how long did it take to make him?
Thanks, and it took me about four months off and on (or something?) I didn't talk about it much (or work on it much) when starting because the future was uncertain and I didn't want to get my hopes up too high... .
Kuja wrote:Bah. Edge is just an attention whore. :P
Yup. It's one of the staples of his character :mrgreen:.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:
Kuja wrote:Bah. Edge is just an attention whore. :P
Yup. It's one of the staples of his character :mrgreen:.
Really I've been thinking about it and I don't know if you conciously did it or not but your characters seem to be just deep enough to seem real but also incorporate a bunch of two-dimensional aspects (like Shader's curiousity, Hyral's financing obsession*) that are subtle enough that people can still see them reflected in themselves.

It essentially means that I basically can relate to every single once except Alder because he's just a little bitch. :wink:

Okay that was a bit off topic of the scuplture but it just suddenly occured to me so I have to ramble about it.
*We know the origins of this one, so I wonder exactly why Edge feels the need to control, be charismatic, and liked. Perhaps the cannon-fodder regiment time taught him that he wants to call the shots. Maybe the other canon fodders resented him because he survived where they didn't, and he also feels the need to be liked because of memories of that?
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

MRDOD wrote:Really I've been thinking about it and I don't know if you conciously did it or not but your characters seem to be just deep enough to seem real but also incorporate a bunch of two-dimensional aspects (like Shader's curiousity, Hyral's financing obsession*) that are subtle enough that people can still see them reflected in themselves.
Well, I don't have enough time to give them complete tales, so I need to have at least one exaggerated feature for all of them :wink:. That way they remain distinctive.
It essentially means that I basically can relate to every single once except Alder because he's just a little bitch. :wink:
Bah! I think Alder is one of the most admirable characters. He may, indeed, be a whiney little bitch --but he's stuck to his principles, chosen the hard path, and doesn't give in. I don't know why people tend to dislike him so much :P.
*We know the origins of this one, so I wonder exactly why Edge feels the need to control, be charismatic, and liked. Perhaps the cannon-fodder regiment time taught him that he wants to call the shots. Maybe the other canon fodders resented him because he survived where they didn't, and he also feels the need to be liked because of memories of that?
Edge's urges are very typically Syvorian. He wants money (got it), power (got it), ass (gets it), and popularity. The latter is just a more recognizable greed because that's the only one he actually needs to work for :wink:. Honestly, though, Edge likes people, and wants to be liked back. It's just part of who he is.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote: Edge's urges are very typically Syvorian. He wants money (got it), power (got it), ass (gets it), and popularity. The latter is just a more recognizable greed because that's the only one he actually needs to work for :wink:. Honestly, though, Edge likes people, and wants to be liked back. It's just part of who he is.
So in this case the Cigar is just a Cigar?

How... mundane. :P
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Very cool Pick.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Very cool Pick.
Thanks! :)

--

MRDOD-
Well, Edge does have a bit of an entitlement complex. It's understandable, though.

---
This is from the testing-out-the-most-infuriating-program-on-Earth animation, but I think it's a good standalone for showing what Dark Councilors would look like as an actual anime (as if!)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

OH MY GOD!

Something neither Dark Councilors related, OR anime related! Or Final Fantasy related! AAH!!

... take ten shots! :P

Opencanvas4Plus
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Surreal, I like.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

You just did the impossible and made lighthouses even more creepy. :shock: