Cartoon Network to air "Brainiac Attacks"

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Steve wrote:I can't even begin to imagine Clancy Brown-voiced Luthor having that expression.
After 10 years of STAS and JL/JLU, I can't imagine Luthor being done by anyone but Clancy Brown. Yes, I'm looking forward to Spacey next week, but Brown's Luthor is the definitive Lex in my book.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

The whole thing was a contrived mess to have Luthor act dumber then he did in the Silver Age mixed in with a Superman "Should I tell Lois...oh thank God, Space Alien has come to attack me!!!!!"

Literally Luthor was just painful to watch.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Ghost Rider wrote:The whole thing was a contrived mess to have Luthor act dumber then he did in the Silver Age mixed in with a Superman "Should I tell Lois...oh thank God, Space Alien has come to attack me!!!!!"

Indeed. I thought the ending was dumb. "I'd better leave because I place Lois in danger...oh wait she gets in trouble anyway, hurrah I'm saved!" I suppose it technically makes sense but the delivery was pretty fucking stupid.

That and the continual "If I tell Lois she'll be in danger!" thing. Well, only if someone else finds out, and if you can keep Clark Kent a secret why can't you do the same with Lois knowing? I never really understood; you'd think whatever he does to make the switch from Superman back to Clark afterwards would still work even if Lois knew.

And what was the point of Ma and Pa Kent's little pep talk that they knew and were A-OK if he decides in the end to not tell her anyway (even though he'd already decided once to do so)?

At least for Spiderman 2 he didn't decide to tell MJ only to later change his mind for no apparent reason. He just kept deciding not to tell her but learned anyway when the shit hit the fan.

Basically to sum up the whole dilemma of "Should I tell Lois or not?" felt totally wasted since they just kept the status quo in the end, despite his earlier decision to tell her (which he changed for no real reason I could spot).
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

RogueIce wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:The whole thing was a contrived mess to have Luthor act dumber then he did in the Silver Age mixed in with a Superman "Should I tell Lois...oh thank God, Space Alien has come to attack me!!!!!"

Indeed. I thought the ending was dumb. "I'd better leave because I place Lois in danger...oh wait she gets in trouble anyway, hurrah I'm saved!" I suppose it technically makes sense but the delivery was pretty fucking stupid.

That and the continual "If I tell Lois she'll be in danger!" thing. Well, only if someone else finds out, and if you can keep Clark Kent a secret why can't you do the same with Lois knowing? I never really understood; you'd think whatever he does to make the switch from Superman back to Clark afterwards would still work even if Lois knew.

And what was the point of Ma and Pa Kent's little pep talk that they knew and were A-OK if he decides in the end to not tell her anyway (even though he'd already decided once to do so)?

At least for Spiderman 2 he didn't decide to tell MJ only to later change his mind for no apparent reason. He just kept deciding not to tell her but learned anyway when the shit hit the fan.

Basically to sum up the whole dilemma of "Should I tell Lois or not?" felt totally wasted since they just kept the status quo in the end, despite his earlier decision to tell her (which he changed for no real reason I could spot).
Yup. The funniest part is read the review you found, and look at the gushing of "It's intimate, yet epic!" Bullshit, intimate yet epic.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Hades
Jedi Knight

Post by Hades »

RogueIce wrote:
Hades wrote:It seems completly pointless to me to use the series designs, even use some of the same voice actors and yet NOT set it in continuity.
Why not try to be inovative and do new designs and hire a completly different cast, at least that way they wouldnt confuse/anoy people so much.
Because look at what happened with The Batman? :P
And would teh Batman have been any better with the exact same stories and scripts but with the BTAS designs?
If at first you dont succeed.... destroy all evidence you ever tried
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Hades wrote:
RogueIce wrote:
Hades wrote:It seems completly pointless to me to use the series designs, even use some of the same voice actors and yet NOT set it in continuity.
Why not try to be inovative and do new designs and hire a completly different cast, at least that way they wouldnt confuse/anoy people so much.
Because look at what happened with The Batman? :P
And would teh Batman have been any better with the exact same stories and scripts but with the BTAS designs?
Probably not, but at least with the stories starting to improve we won't still have to look at a horrible Joker.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
BloodAngel
Padawan Learner

Post by BloodAngel »

Steve wrote:Image
Has no one else noticed how..."uncharacteristic", Luthor looks in that?
Blood Angel, the Hidden Name of Who You Know.

Zadius: "Done. I get turned on by shit. Nothin' else. 8)"