AMVs You Want to Make

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

AMVs You Want to Make

Post by Gil Hamilton »

List here Anime Music Videos that you want to have made and include a brief description as to why.

Cowboy Bebop : Gotham City Serenade by Big Rude Jake
--Gotham City Serenade is very jazzy and swings, not to mention hardboiled. Sure, it is about New York City, but Cowboy Bebop is a night time New York City anime, even though no part of it happens in Gotham.

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor : Rascal King by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
--A song about a guy whose exploits are either genius or utterly reckless, becoming a legend by way of being stranger than fiction? It might as well be the one AMV I'd do if I ever aquire video and sound editing software for this computer.

Revolutionary Girl Utena : Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut by The Cherry Poppin' Daddies
--Less so because of the series but more because Touga's just a big pimp. Since he (and his sister) made the series enjoyable and funny for me (as one of the rare bishounen sort of characters that I actually like), he gets the accolade. And it is just a silly song, much like the "light" episodes of the series.

Chobits : Master of Puppets by Metallica
--This should be obvious. :lol:

FLCL : By The Way by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
--For some reason, the series FLCL really reminds me of this song. It really clicks with the slow heady neon moments of the series and the frantic super high speed moments. Plus, I really like both the song, the artist, and the anime.

(Look, Zaia, I'm in the AMP forum all by myself! :D)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: AMVs You Want to Make

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Escaflowne : Bravado by RUSH
--A song that has lyrics such as "Flying to close to the sun.." "Though paradise is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost"
Anyone who has actually seen Escaflowne and know the song, should know the two would be perfect together.

Last Exil'e' : Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf
--Last Exil? Flying ships? A song about rockets and flying? It's a given!.

Evangelion : Gee Officer Krupke from West Side Story
--A song about a psycologically, socially and mentally messed up juvinal delinquant? Its begging for a Shinji montage!.

Evangelion : Political Science by Randy Newman
--A song of america getting bored and nuking everyone... Again, begging for a montage from Evangelion.

EDIT: ok ok.. Exile
Last edited by Crossroads Inc. on 2006-06-20 05:57pm, edited 2 times in total.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Exile! Exile!

Anyhow, there's one AMV I've wanted to see/make for ages:

Haibane Renmei: Where Will You Go? by Evanescense

That song is just made for a couple of the characters. If you've seen the whole series, look up the lyrics.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Cowboy Bebop/Trigun/Outlaw Star: Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi

You want five minutes of asskicking? You got it.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

The imperal march to Gundam 0083 beacause you all know it fits
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Angry White Boy Polka - Evangelion

Because I bet you each and every damn song used in that medly has already been used in a serious fashion, and at this point, all Eva is good for is mockery in my mind.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Someone did a segment of "Albaquerky" already--as part of an AMV Hell Submission
And this is one of the "Alternative Polka"

What I have in mind isn't an AMV as such--but uses some of the same Technology: Taking the Evangelion track "The Beast II" (You hear it when Eva 01 goes Berserk and Eats the Angel Zeruel), the ending part of it, and combine it with the opening, iconic footsteps/roar SFX of Godzilla (1954).

It just works very well when I analogue it...

Another AMV-ish idea is this: "Do the Evolution" with clips from the "Waling with..." Series--as I know own the COMPLETE series (Everything from Monsters to Cavemen and everything in between!)
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Scenes of Shinji Ikari to Frontier Psychiatrist.

I'd like to see one done with FLCL and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by the Flaming Lips.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Lola-with clips of various Bishi....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin