Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

:lol:

That was great.

I've never mistaken Edge for a woman, fortunately, although I did mistake Desunius for a man once. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I was a bit... confused there, but I wouldn't comment. I'm a nice person 8) Okay, maybe I'm not, but I'm definitely understanding in this context.

And don't you worry, people have consistantly gotten the character genders wrong :lol:. That's half the fun.

Rule of Thumb for Azzarn: If it has boobs, it's female. If it doesn't have boobs, wait for someone else to comment so you can always blame them if you get it wrong :).
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:I was a bit... confused there, but I wouldn't comment. I'm a nice person 8) Okay, maybe I'm not, but I'm definitely understanding in this context.
Um, you still sound a bit confused. Confused where? Confused on what? I'm confused. Your sentence makes no sense yet was obviously supposed to be important enough to be a paragraph. :|

And that sounds like a good strategery. Either that or read the story and pick out Pronouns. :wink:
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Damn it. I was waiting for a slow, horrifying realization by Zentei. If you think you can just breeze into one of Pick's art threads for the first time and start oggling the "chicks", you're probably in for an unpleasant surprise.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hey, it totally depends! I draw pretty girls, too! Kesyl, Hyral, Ryvara, Selia, Kamina, Desunius (if that floats your boat)... .

But it's kind of, well, betting odds you might not want to take... .

Usually I try to have a pronoun near the picture itself, but I kind of figured, you know, I draw Edge enough...!

---

Since I felt bad I've been making him out to be a doofus in recent art :P.
Ink wash and pen (is hard! I so, so rarely do this)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very nice indeed. :)

You know, I can easily see him in the Black King's outfit (perhaps with a bit of fabric extension) at the head of an army of Syvorians. I think I understand now why Hoquer is tasked with leading a suicide unit; though he must be a truly inspiring sight on the battlefield, he probably uses rather "unorthodox" tactics as well, and some of that is bound to rub off on his soldiers. And the authority can't allow them to taint any other combat units, now can they; best that they meet speedy and useful end.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Very nice indeed. :)
Thank you!
You know, I can easily see him in the Black King's outfit (perhaps with a bit of fabric extension) at the head of an army of Syvorians. I think I understand now why Hoquer is tasked with leading a suicide unit; though he must be a truly inspiring sight on the battlefield, he probably uses rather "unorthodox" tactics as well, and some of that is bound to rub off on his soldiers.
Yes. Hoquer has used rather extraordinary means to win, and some that no one else would have the power or influence to manage. Unfortunately, his prior personality also led to some significant difficulties and caused the transition between past age and Zantim age to be very arduous. Hoquer often bent and distorted the rules in ways that other Llanlleians wouldn't even consider, which also tended to take everyday Syvorians by surprise. Even so, he wasn't cruel like Edge is.

Also, Hoquer's silver band thing (made by the same person who created Lauer's bands, incidentally) also has its own twisted power, but that'll come up... oh so very much later :P.
And the authority can't allow them to taint any other combat units, now can they; best that they meet speedy and useful end.
Definitely! And recall that the Chosen is made of:
They were an interesting assortment: the most blindly loyal, the ones seeking redemption for some unknown sin, the unlucky, the indebted, and the despaired.
... so they're basically also the ones Hoquer can afford to waste and trash. Hell, some are corrupted already. Additionally, Hoquer was traditionally one of the only people stable enough to withstand leading an army with constant massive casualties. When your viewpoint is strictly atrusitic, it's a painful and warping experience for most to openly acknowledge that they are leading people directly to their deaths.

Of course, now Hoquer's majorly fucked in the head, but that's a plenty good reason to make him lead the Chosen, too. It's probably not going to fuck him up any more than he already is :wink:.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Thanks everyone!
Kuja wrote:Basal Key Imatra...the kind of guy who pours a glass of wine and then chugs the bottle. :lol:
Well, he could use it :P.
Well, I won't dispute that point. :wink:
Any other characters people want tasteful nudes of?
*thinks for a moment* Hmmm...actually, I'd like to see Verdigris as well. And Caia. Gotta remember the avians. :D
Never since that pic of him tearing into Edge's shoulder has Hoquer looked so badass.
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

NUDES:
Hyral (female)

Verdigris (female)
Kuja wrote:And Caia. Gotta remember the avians. :D
Uh... yeah! I... certainly... don't periodically forget Caia even exists!... no, sir!...

Actually, I don't forget, but since she pretty much only interacts with Hoquer and Hoquer gets TOO MUCH LLANLLEIAN SCREEN TIME*, she tends to get pushed back.

*Not his fault. Good isn't as interesting as Evil. Hell, that's why I set the story mostly in the Evil lands :P.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

That's Hyral? Strange.

Her body shape and proportions don't appear to match any previous pictures of Hyral, nor does the head seem even particularly matched to the body.

Weird.

Tis a good picture anyhow, it just seems to be two different good pictures melded at the neck.

Anyhow, Verdegris must be a wee bit off her rocker to think Edge hasn't noticed that. Women don't go spiky bladed as much as like that and not get noticed. :|
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

That's because it's anatomy studies, man :P. Though my wash of artsy-fartsy stuff seems random, it's all college prep. I want to be able to submit a portfolio of work to get me excuses from the 101 classes. That means I need to practice my slightly-less-anime-y work.

(No, not going into art, but I'll be taking art classes.)

I'll humor you though ... . Now the proportions are more anime. It's a question of relative head size :P.
Last edited by Pick on 2006-06-22 12:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

MRDOD wrote:That's Hyral? Strange.

Her body shape and proportions don't appear to match any previous pictures of Hyral, nor does the head seem even particularly matched to the body.

Weird.

Tis a good picture anyhow, it just seems to be two different good pictures melded at the neck.

Anyhow, Verdegris must be a wee bit off her rocker to think Edge hasn't noticed that. Women don't go spiky bladed as much as like that and not get noticed. :|
Seconded, it's a very nice image but it dosn't match anything seen before.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:Verdigris (female)
OMG, Lugia is my fav tu! ^____^

:P

But really, I didn't expect her transformation to be that drastic, especially over such a short period of time. Zaa must not react well to stress, at all (or is Verdigris a-typical in some way?)
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Actually, I just opened my Pokemon Silver game to check up on my old nigh-unbeatable Lugia, but it seems my save file has become corrupted after all these years :(.

And Verdigris is responding very drastically to Edge's prodding. Her development isn't odd for someone of her mindset, and bear in mind even at the initial meeting, Verdigris carried a heavy trait set.
chapter 2 wrote:As for her more unique touches, it was clear: if Ryvara had thought her level of traits impressive, she was not holding herself to Verdigris’ standard.
Her belief that Edge doesn't notice is mostly wishful thinking. She just can't believe that he'd willingly do that to her.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

What's that weird pattern across Hyral's chest and abdomen? Lizard hide?
Pick wrote:Any other characters people want tasteful nudes of?
Darius! Image
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hyral's pattern is, oh, lizard belly or something :P.
Darth Raptor wrote:
Pick wrote:Any other characters people want tasteful nudes of?
Darius! Image
I hate you! :cry:

You could at least cite someone who is a little more important and developed, like Cemma the Recorder, or Gederhorai, or Yyorler! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Caia N00d! Hey, I already did this once, didn't I?

First trial with white pencil. Is interesting.

And yes, she has hair there. Deal with it :P.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I don't see what's wrong with hair there... :?:

oh, and how about the lady that let me tuch her boobs Image
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Caia N00d! Hey, I already did this once, didn't I?

First trial with white pencil. Is interesting.
Doh! You actually did and I forgot about it! Oh well, more Caia is never a bad thing. :P

Though it does look interesting...but I have to say, she looks like a ghost. :)
And yes, she has hair there. Deal with it :P.
Doesn't bother me. :P

And did someone mention Lugia?

:twisted:
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very nice, Pick. The ethereal style suit her well. :)

Kuja wrote:And did someone mention Lugia?
No. Just no.
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

... Noooo!!

Lugia has no gender! Get those boobs offa there, then we'll talk!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lugia with Boobs?!

*clicks*

Suprisingly tasteful, actually. I rather like it.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That ink drawing up near the top is quite awesome.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:That ink drawing up near the top is quite awesome.
Thank you kindly :). Hoquer has my favorite character design, so I draw him too much :lol:.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Uraniun235 wrote:I don't see what's wrong with hair there... :?:
That is because you are mentally mature. Artists always need to cover their bases, though :wink:.
oh, and how about the lady that let me tuch her boobs Image
Kamina? Yeah, okay :P