Dell laptop explodes at Japanese conference

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I'm waiting for the TSA to add Dell laptops to their list of explosives you're not allowed to bring on a plane.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

ZOMGWTF DELL = t3H 3v1L t3rr0r15tS!!!!(shift+101)
actually it should be DELL = t3h eB0l T3rr0isTs

Maybe this laptop exploded because a plasma conduit ruptured and caused an overload of the iso-linear circuitry. :P
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Durandal wrote:I'm waiting for the TSA to add Dell laptops to their list of explosives you're not allowed to bring on a plane.
They'll add it right below the 'Apple G4 notebook and MacBookPro' entries. :P
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Shogoki
Jedi Knight

Post by Shogoki »

Does Dell even do any actual battery manufacturing?
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Ryoga wrote:
Cao Cao wrote:I find myself noticing the glass of water on that table to the left on that picture, and what looks like a jug on the very right..
Water is very, VERY bad for an electrical fire, which this almost assuredly was.
No, no. I was implying that maybe somebody walked by and accidentally spilled water onto the laptop making the battery fry.
I just find it odd that there'd be water right in the middle of a bunch of electrical equipment with dozens of people passing by. :?
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Glocksman wrote:
Durandal wrote:I'm waiting for the TSA to add Dell laptops to their list of explosives you're not allowed to bring on a plane.
They'll add it right below the 'Apple G4 notebook and MacBookPro' entries. :P
I would imagine the TSA would not only allow but encourage Apple products to be brought on planes. They're so pretty that the terrorists would get distracted if they tried a hijacking. :D
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Shogoki wrote:Does Dell even do any actual battery manufacturing?

Dell doesn't actually 'manufacture' anything. What they do is assemble systems from ODM's such as Compal, Clevo and Quanta for resale (IIRC, Apple does the same thing).
Where Dell excels is inventory management and marketing.
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant