Make you own motivational/demotivational posters!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Nice one, Surlethe.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Ar-Adunakhor wrote:*banhammer*
Inspired by your name and av:

Thank you, Stofsk.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Ar-Adunakhor
Jedi Knight

Post by Ar-Adunakhor »

Surlethe wrote:Inspired by your name and av:

*snip*

Thank you, Stofsk.
Oh, dear god that is funny. I am still laughing.

Technically it was Ar-Pharazôn that invaded, though. :P
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Ar-Adunakhor wrote:Oh, dear god that is funny. I am still laughing.
I aim to please.
Well, yeah. Ar-Adunakhor was either Tar-Palantir before his name change or Elros (edited -- dear God, I'm becoming old, senile and forgetful) before his name change, or he was the first one to take a Numenorean name. I'm now going to go look it up and see if my guesses are on target.

EDIT: I guess I'm still somewhat up-to-date on my LotR trivia. Ar-Adûnakhôr was the first king of Numenor who took up the sceptre under a Numenorean name as Numenor began to lose reverence for the Valar and the Eldar.
Last edited by Surlethe on 2006-06-24 09:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Ar-Adunakhor
Jedi Knight

Post by Ar-Adunakhor »

Surlethe wrote:
Ar-Adunakhor wrote:Oh, dear god that is funny. I am still laughing.
I aim to please.
Well, yeah. Ar-Adunakhor was either Tar-Palantir before his name change or Elros (edited -- dear God, I'm becoming old, senile and forgetful) before his name change, or he was the first one to take a Numenorean name. I'm now going to go look it up and see if my guesses are on target.
Tar-Herunúmen was Ar-Adûnakhôr's Quenya name. He was the first of the Dark Kings, so the poster applies very well indeed.

Edit: Ack, missed the third one. Yes, he was the first one to take his name in Adûnaic.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

The fuckers!
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Okay, so I finally got into these, and I went a little insane. Here's the result of two hours of work and going through the Krakow message board's random image thread looking for pictures.

Whew... well, now that that's out of my system...
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
nickolay1
Jedi Knight

Post by nickolay1 »

The Lenin poster was excellent.
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Ironically enough, I was thinking about doing a Lenin one earlier today and I tried to find the Simpson's picture where Lenin bursts out of his tomb, but I couldn't find any (my Google-fu is weak :oops: ). However, when that episode was on TV today that pushed me over the edge and I just found a generic picture of Lenin's corpse.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Joe wrote:I'm pretty sure no one but Bear will get this, but I'm a sucker for rock trivia:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Jo ... ppelin.jpg
Which ones...

led covered a number of old blues tunes with a slight name change. Which isn't that bad since the blues tunes in question had also changed the names of the earlier folk ballads anyways.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Darth Wong wrote:Wow, you figured that out all by yourself, after I came out and flatly said it? You must be fucking brilliant. Yes, I think anime inside jokes and character references are the lamest possible form of demotivational poster.
Aww, I hoped you would find it amusing. Maybe these are better.

Thanks to MRDOD for suggesting the title.

Thanks to Beowulf for the sub-title.

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Didn't make this, but it fits.

And I did make this, with source image courtesy of a friend of mine who fairly commanded me to make one with this when he saw this thread:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

ok it's not anime, and it's more talking about people.

grrr.

double Grr
Last edited by The Yosemite Bear on 2006-06-25 04:04am, edited 3 times in total.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Darth Raptor wrote: Image
Nice. :lol: 8)

You have no idea how long it took to find a pic without a huge cock on it.
speaker-to-trolls
Jedi Master

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

A few I threw together just recently

Post Number 1066 achieved Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm(board time, 8:19GMT)
Batman: What do these guys want anyway?
Superman: Take over the world... Or rob banks, I'm not sure.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Academia Nut wrote:[snip Irony pic]
*points to avatar* I love that picture.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Discombobulated wrote:*points to avatar* I love that picture.
I figured you would, and hey, that picture is too good to pass up.

And Hamel, I love the look on Picard's face there. What episode was that from?
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

made these a couple days ago and debated posting them or not.

I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

It may be kind of an in-thing, but hell, it's motivational.

According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

I'll probably catch Hell (ha HA! Pun) from some people for choice of picture. What, a bad guy wreathed in flame? Definitely never seen that before.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."