Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:haha, I think it was just the one god though. :wink: Unless Matt got in on that somewhere. Then again, I don't remember Beowulf's name, so I could easily be wrong. Could kill that line and act all arrogent like the nearly ascended Goa'uld I play, but that would just be too different.
*looks at his ascended rank*
Academia Nut wrote:Yeah, I knew I shouldn't keep so many UU out, but since I tend to generate UU faster than I generate money to use on them I will occasionally just let them build up so that I can sell a few thousand for naquadah to train the rest with. Unfortunately it can take time to properly spend my money on, and last time I got raided and lost 800+ mil, so I tend to wait even longer so I can buy PPT while I'm at it. Eventually it's just like, eh, let it build a little longer. Hell, normally I don't even begrudge getting raided once or twice and don't bring it up (and in this case he only got a few thousand UU, easily what I could get back in a day), but it was the twenty fucking times in one day that pissed me off, particularly because he caused a few billion naq worth of damage to my defenders and mothership. Hell, if he had even sabbed me I would have been pissed but still respected the guy, but instead he steals 400-500 UU per hit at the cost of several hundred of his own guys, so I know I'm not dealing with someone who knows how to go about an attack. Honestly, he would have been better off farming high naq, low activity accounts and spending the money on UP, but no, he's got to slamming his armies into mine and causing me grief for a pittance. Pisses me off.

Heh... I guess what with the whole ascension thing you could say that I really called down the fury of the gods on that guy.
If you need naq, don't sell the UU, train them up as miners for income. Don't ever have more than 20k UU out at a time. And if you absolutely must sell UU and you have SS, contact me and I'll buy for much better rates than what the market pays.
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

Yes, that's very helpful. Now you've made me break out the old thread just to see what his dang name is...Orihara. I'll remember people's names eventually. Or not. Either way, points stands. One god, unless you've somehow split into two separate people and ascention doesn't count for that.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:Yes, that's very helpful. Now you've made me break out the old thread just to see what his dang name is...Orihara. I'll remember people's names eventually. Or not. Either way, points stands. One god, unless you've somehow split into two separate people and ascention doesn't count for that.
I brought a friend. :D
Braedley wrote:I've been trading a planet with this guy for a couple of days, until all of a sudden, there was no planet for me to take back. Since then, he's taken my larger, undefended planets, and either lost them to someone else or just abandoned them. I gave him a warning to quit it or face the consequenses, but a little reenforcement may be in order, particularly in the sabbing department. He's decided his best defence is to amass a large number of cheap weapons, and destroying machine guns just doesn't have the same effect.
Oh and this was the guy my friend hit. :lol:

Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Sadly I only have Market Supporter Status therefore such trading is not enabled. Also, I was dumping my UU into the mines for a while until I started to encounter the problem of my naquadah production running ahead of my defensive capacities and getting hit by guys in the three digit rankings. Nothing quite as annoying as coming back after a few hours of sleep only to find out that you've been raided for a couple hundred million naquadah. Ah well, I've been focusing on increasing my defences for the past few days anyway, and knowing that if anyone seriously ticks me off there are ways of teaching them "object lessons" is always comforting.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Naquitis wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:Yes, that's very helpful. Now you've made me break out the old thread just to see what his dang name is...Orihara. I'll remember people's names eventually. Or not. Either way, points stands. One god, unless you've somehow split into two separate people and ascention doesn't count for that.
I brought a friend. :D
Ah, now it makes more sense. Good lord, I must have a bit of withdrawl from this place to keep posting about this little tangent.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Naquitis wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:haha, I think it was just the one god though. :wink: Unless Matt got in on that somewhere. Then again, I don't remember Beowulf's name, so I could easily be wrong. Could kill that line and act all arrogent like the nearly ascended Goa'uld I play, but that would just be too different.
On that topic, am I the only guy on pg 45 of Ascended with less than 100 planets?
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

I also took the liberty of farming quite a few of them. :twisted: I swear, this is like a wet dream fantasy of having a bunch of easy targets in one convenient package. ;) Image (I swear, we need to replace that stupid lol smiley with this one.)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Matt Huang wrote:
Naquitis wrote:
On that topic, am I the only guy on pg 45 of Ascended with less than 100 planets?
Rank means absolutely nothing in ascension(unless you can take a top spot like me) so don't worry about it.

Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Damn it, a guy stole my naq just after I logged on and right before I was about to buy a dozen or so fleets for my mothership.
As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The army of BenjaminMS stormed the realm of RepliLancer!

BenjaminMS sent:
1 Anti-Intelligence Drone and 5,742 Attack Clone and 44,258 Attack Drone

Careful and thourough observation records that the troops were armed as follows:

500 Drone Satallite Array deploy from and encircle the mothership, adding to its offensive capacities!
5,742 Attack Clone have DNA Targeted Multispectrum Disintegration Weapon
44,258 Attack Drone have DNA Targeted Multispectrum Disintegration Weapon

Opposite this, stood the forces of RepliLancer

RepliLancer resisted the aggressors with:
1,150 Super Repulsors and 0 Repulsors
Careful and thourough observation records that the army carried the following arsenal:

1,150 Super Repulsors have Self Aware Ni-Planets

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

BenjaminMS, personally commanding Wrath of Zeus, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
RepliLancer was was commanding Tempest of Blades, thier MotherShip.
Wrath of Zeus hovers above the battle!
Tempest of Blades meets it head on!
Wrath of Zeus uses its Energy Volley to inflict 1,770,500,000 damage, destroying 1 Matter-Phasic Shields on Tempest of Blades!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 3 Nano Volley!
BenjaminMS's Wrath of Zeus adds 1,195,689,825 additional attack onto their ground troops!

Tempest of Blades uses its Nano Volley to inflict 192,450,000 damage, destroying 2 Energy Shields on Wrath of Zeus!

The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.

The forces of BenjaminMS rush in full force, and inflict 2,391,379,650 damage on RepliLancer's forces!
It was confirmed that 11 of RepliLancer's forces fell at the hands of BenjaminMS's assult.

The forces of RepliLancer fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 152,951,250 damage on BenjaminMS's forces!
They managed to eradicate 135 of BenjaminMS's troops.

The forces of BenjaminMS's Anti-Intelligence Drone break off from main attack force, and seek out RepliLancer's Covert Manipulators!
0 Anti-Intelligence Drone are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining Anti-Intelligence Drone engage the covert networks of the realm.
Unfortunately, RepliLancer's Covert Manipulators were too good at what they do for you to effectively find, target and eliminate.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Your Self Aware Ni-Planets went from strength 5,750 to 5,510 (now 5510/5750 and 4 percent damaged)

The forces of BenjaminMS slaughtered those of RepliLancer
The forces of RepliLancer flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering what was available at the time in the realm of RepliLancer, it is recorded that
a total of 276,795,638 Naquadah was taken from the realm of RepliLancer

Many wonder if RepliLancer will consider retaliation, but - when force meets force - there will have to be some changes in the preparedness of RepliLancer before such a feat should wisely be considered!
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

*grumble* Minion of Morlock is really starting to tick me off. He's gotten another 1.2 billion naquadah in the last three days, as well as killing 1000 of my defenders and destroying 30 shields and 74 volleys on my Mothership.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

The Dark wrote:*grumble* Minion of Morlock is really starting to tick me off. He's gotten another 1.2 billion naquadah in the last three days, as well as killing 1000 of my defenders and destroying 30 shields and 74 volleys on my Mothership.
I'd mass him for you if I could, but his alliance has a NAP with my alliance. :(

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Naquitis wrote:
The Dark wrote:*grumble* Minion of Morlock is really starting to tick me off. He's gotten another 1.2 billion naquadah in the last three days, as well as killing 1000 of my defenders and destroying 30 shields and 74 volleys on my Mothership.
I'd mass him for you if I could, but his alliance has a NAP with my alliance. :(
Not too much of a problem. I think I'm almost to the break-even point, where I've got a good shot of driving him off. If I can get my Mothership to soak his ship and keep it from giving ground support, I think my army's superior to his.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Interesting. It may just be me, but it seems that the planet update has been quite nice to covert ones. Jumped from being worthless to increasing my covert by about 25%. Any word from here on the other non-UP planets?
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Yeah, my overall covert increased a lot, but because so many other people also increased their covert a lot, my rank in that department fell by about 100 rungs.

EDIT: I'm also looking for an UP planet soon (despite it's exclusion from the extra benifits) so if anyone sees one that they don't want, give me a shout.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

I know the announcement said the UPs weren't included, but I do have some doubts since mine seemed to jump up 500. It's just a lot smaller of a jump then the covert planet.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

My attack and income planets became (from eyeballing it) about ten times as powerful in their boost.
BattleTech for SilCore
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

I jumped in ranking from 3200 to 2480. :shock:
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Update: My covert/anticovert rank has jumped up to 633 for some unknown reason. Yeah for G&R points! :D
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Stile wrote:I jumped in ranking from 3200 to 2480. :shock:
That's because of your planets. People who were too stupid not to start collecting planets fell hard in the rankings.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:I know the announcement said the UPs weren't included, but I do have some doubts since mine seemed to jump up 500. It's just a lot smaller of a jump then the covert planet.
UP planets are still effected by the size update. :)

Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

That must have been it then.

EDIT: For any to whom it matters, I have changed my account name. It's now Myrkul, to take my place as a Goa'uld who takes the name of a god.
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

You know, its a comforting feeling when you wake up to 200mil naq sitting in the open, and not a single person tried to steal it. ;)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Vertigo1 wrote:You know, its a comforting feeling when you wake up to 200mil naq sitting in the open, and not a single person tried to steal it. ;)
400 mil :P
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Beowulf wrote:
Vertigo1 wrote:You know, its a comforting feeling when you wake up to 200mil naq sitting in the open, and not a single person tried to steal it. ;)
I guess the thought of someone having 1.1 bil def and almost as much attack kinda makes them look the other way. :P Maybe its my mothership with twice as much in overall strength? ;)

Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Beowulf wrote:
Just shy of 970 mil. :P