Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Kuja wrote:
Okay, obscurity threshold reached. Nude doorman from chapter 2. There ya go.
Wuff. :twisted:
I'm expecting DoormanxZixer slash any day now Image.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I love the look on his face, by the way. :)

By the way Pick, your characters are extremely quotable. When I get around to actually trying to make the real set, the material in DC alone will be a more fertile ground than every source I found for some of my earlier sets.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:D!

As Uraniun would say, that is totally kickin' rad 8).

(and yeah, not to toot my own horn, but there's some quotes in Dark Councilors that I really like. I think everyone has at least one good quote to their credit... .)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Ooh, yeah, DC is very MtG compatible. Black vs White! I guess a crag would be red since it lives up in the mountains. The Zaa might be red and/or black. And of course I'm sure you'll have blues scatterered around. Would Shader be a blue? Would Hoquer's summoning cost be a lot of white and a black? And then you have enough animals to be able to throw some greens together. Seeing as Azzarn are elflike, I guess the neutrals might be green too. Equipment, definitely going to be some cool shit there. Would Lauer's bands count as one equipment or three? I have been wondering if the bands each carry different enchantments, so it only works right if you have all three.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Alan Bolte wrote:Ooh, yeah, DC is very MtG compatible. Black vs White! I guess a crag would be red since it lives up in the mountains. The Zaa might be red and/or black.
Red, methinks. They're obsessed with the mountains, and they're excellent metal craftsmen. The only aspect that doesn't work too well is chaos, since they're not chaotic. Also, they don't consider themselves "Syvorian" :).
And of course I'm sure you'll have blues scatterered around. Would Shader be a blue?
I'm thinking probably he would be :). Bemia might be, too.
Would Hoquer's summoning cost be a lot of white and a black? And then you have enough animals to be able to throw some greens together. Seeing as Azzarn are elflike, I guess the neutrals might be green too. Equipment, definitely going to be some cool shit there. Would Lauer's bands count as one equipment or three? I have been wondering if the bands each carry different enchantments, so it only works right if you have all three.
I'm not sure. I've opened myself to take pretty much any route on that one... . I like to keep options open on things in case I need wiggle room later :oops:!

---

Found an old note page referring to Hoquer as "General". For some reason, this is the only mental image I can get from that.

Fast marker/ink pic. For whatever cracked-up reason, I do have a 'look' in mind for all the characters if they were human (stupid art? Yay!) I always thought if Hoquer was human, he'd be First Nations.

He looks like he wants to give me some Kentucky Fried Chicken coupons! Image (I'm only referring to his suit.)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Kind of looks like he should be on the boarding deck of the Love Boat greeting passengers. ;)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Kind of looks like he should be on the greeting deck of the Love Boat. ;)
I thought he looked like an airline pilot!

Really, doesn't matter, as long as I get to draw him in a suit (yay suit!)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Pick wrote:I thought he looked like an airline pilot!
Yeah, he does, but the Love Boat makes for a funnier joke than an aeroplane. :P

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

And more apt :P. He's been 'propositioned' by one girl, is dating a nice (and rather clingy) lady, and seems to be relentlessly protected and cared for by yet another hot woman.*

He's got it good!... if only he wasn't emotionally crushed by the dire wartime situation and the pending collapse of all that he has worked for :P.

* Then again, can Selia count in this manner? After all, she got 'fixed' when she became Monarch... :P.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Man looks like he should be on the bridge of a flying warship, giving orders amongst the thunderous detonations of the thirty inchers. And he wouldn't roar them out like you might expect, but rather just give them in a level, normal room voice.

And everyone would get them.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ford Prefect wrote:Man looks like he should be on the bridge of a flying warship, giving orders amongst the thunderous detonations of the thirty inchers. And he wouldn't roar them out like you might expect, but rather just give them in a level, normal room voice.

And everyone would get them.
Actually... I kind of agree with Spanky. He looks like he belongs on a cruise ship. A cruise ship of love.

In my mind, bad-ass military commanders don't wear ties. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

But ties are awesome :cry:. I'm just sad, because girls don't get to wear them enough.

And he has to look unassuming! That's because when you enter the boss battle you have to be all, "Woah, I thought this was going to be easy but now he's kicking my ass!"
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:But ties are awesome :cry:. I'm just sad, because girls don't get to wear them enough.

And he has to look unassuming! That's because when you enter the boss battle you have to be all, "Woah, I thought this was going to be easy but now he's kicking my ass!"
You're half right here, because ties are awesome on girls (because not only are they out of place, they also have more contours to follow which makes the tie at least somewhat useful for aesthetics instead of just hanging there) but bad on their intended target.

I don't think Hoquer could ever look unassuming what with being a 7 foot tall bladed giant, girly hair and suit or not. :wink:

Make his Suit Black and he could be doing the Pulp Fiction thing though.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

MRDOD wrote:Make his Suit Black and he could be doing the Pulp Fiction thing though.
But Black is Syvoria's color! The land of Evil and Darkness! Llanlleia is all about pure, wonderful, Good things --like flowers, bunnies, gestapos, and butterflies!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Pick wrote:But ties are awesome :cry:. I'm just sad, because girls don't get to wear them enough.
A true shame, as one of the sexiest things in existance is a woman in a man's suit. :)

But no, they have to wear those silly pantsuits... :roll:

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:
MRDOD wrote:Make his Suit Black and he could be doing the Pulp Fiction thing though.
But Black is Syvoria's color! The land of Evil and Darkness! Llanlleia is all about pure, wonderful, Good things --like flowers, bunnies, gestapos, and butterflies!
But Hoquer has little black marks all over him! And he's not exactly the best Llanlleian shee- citizen. Black is totally his colour! He's look great as black suited gangster Hoquer. Or Zoot Suit Hoquer. Oh god, Dress-Up Hoquer is so fun! :luv: (*Insert joke about Dress-Up Hyral to save manliness of post here*) :P
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
A true shame, as one of the sexiest things in existance is a woman in a man's suit. :)
I would normally say Amen to this statement, but I am finding myself in agreement with Spanky so I have to go check if the moon is weeping blood or if there are plagues of locusts yet before I can use that word.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

MRDOD wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
I would normally say Amen to this statement, but I am finding myself in agreement with Spanky so I have to go check if the moon is weeping blood or if there are plagues of locusts yet before I can use that word.
You know, I'm getting rather tired of people saying stuff like that. To be honest, while I know it's in jest, it really kind of hurts my feelings.

(Sorry for the slight hijack, Pick.)

Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

quit your emoness spanky and oggle Pick's almighty work
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Fuck off.

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:I'm expecting DoormanxZixer slash any day now Image.
So...that's a request, right? :twisted:
Kind of looks like he should be on the boarding deck of the Love Boat greeting passengers.
Hehe. The first words that popped into my head were 'cruise director'. Guess we're on the same page there. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Bah, everyone knows that powerful villians are nondescript! Then it's way more impressive when they morph into giant demons that can cast, like, "UBERDEATHRAPE" every turn 8).
Kuja wrote:So...that's a request, right? :twisted:
No, but it's permission Image
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Man, I can't leave this thread alone for a single day. Look what I missed! :cry:
NO! Absolutely not! Hands off! You have enough projects to work on! Zixer X Doorman is mine! :evil:

And you guys are thinking too big. Hoquer's not the captain of a cruise ship; but rather Selia's personal yacht.

And Pick, I'm inspired. I'll make Zixer X Doorman extra special doubleplusgood if I can see young Umber in a Soviet Red Army uniform (he already has the hat!).
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:
NO! Absolutely not! Hands off! You have enough projects to work on! Zixer X Doorman is mine! :evil:
HE DIDN'T SAY ZIXERxDOORMAN, he said DOORMANxZIXER! Are you suggests that Zixer tops?

FIGHT!!!
And Pick, I'm inspired. I'll make Zixer X Doorman extra special doubleplusgood if I can see young Umber in a Soviet Red Army uniform (he already has the hat!).
:lol: Okay!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:HE DIDN'T SAY ZIXERxDOORMAN, he said DOORMANxZIXER! Are you suggests that Zixer tops?
You will learn more intricate details about their forbidden love than you ever wanted to know in the upcoming yaoi masterpiece Not Councilors: Every Door has a Key! Hurr! Image
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

That feeling of warmth is either compassion for their undying, forbidden love or my soul being scoured out of my body. I should call JK Rowling and ask which it is :o!