2 million posts!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Um- I didn't even notice until I saw this thread. Is that good or bad?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

AdmiralKanos wrote:At least the two millionth post was about an actual topic (mileage and cars), rather than being a pure spam +1 post.
Do I get a special prize since the thread is mine? :D
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Adrian Laguna wrote:Damn, it happened just after I fell into slumber. But I couldn't afford to stay-up: summer job. No matter, I'll 'capture' a screen shot of the historic moment the same way as last time.

Adrian Laguna wrote: Didn't even need Photoshop. :P
I used MS Paint instead.
Eh, real thing :P
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ing9jo.png

I also have 1999999, 1999998, etc as well as 1999000

And there is a difference - times :P

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I was there an logged on when the 2,000,000 came. Unfortunatley it happened at the end of a double shift at arround 6.50 am and i couldn't get up much enthusiasm at the time. Allow me a brief "woohoo" now.

WOOHOO!
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Pu-239 wrote: And there is a difference - times :P
Different time-zones. The time in my fake is exactly the same as the the time shown for your 2,000,000 post. I copied and pasted it from a screenshot of your post into my earlier fake, which had the right time but read 2000004 posts before I modified it.

I think it is near impossible to tell whether my images are fake or not. I'd like to declare myself a 1337 photoshoper, but the truth is that the average 8 year old could have done it.
Last edited by Adrian Laguna on 2006-06-28 11:47pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Most interesting bit? The post ID indicates that well over a hundred and thirty thousand posts were deleted before we reached the magic number.

That's a lot of spam!
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Dalton wrote:Most interesting bit? The post ID indicates that well over a hundred and thirty thousand posts were deleted before we reached the magic number.

That's a lot of spam!
Hey, at least they were deleted. Also, if we assume that three-quarters of the spam was deleted, we have a signal-to-noise ratio of something like 11.5; that's not all that bad, is it?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

It's over, I think I got the last post and the most posts.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

In 24 hours, SPAMWORLD logged 3598 posts. More than one third of them were made by Ace Pace. Get back in the car, kids.
Last edited by AdmiralKanos on 2006-06-29 01:59am, edited 1 time in total.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Ace Pace wrote:It's over, I think I got the...most posts.
The search function said you got more then Servo, so I think that means you got the most.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Holy fucking shit. Over 1200 posts.

I think this proves I needed some stress relief.

With that, I'll go and have a month long trip to get my post count back down. :oops:
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Ace Pace wrote:Holy fucking shit. Over 1200 posts.

I think this proves I needed some stress relief.

With that, I'll go and have a month long trip to get my post count back down. :oops:
Don't worry, your post count just dropped precipitously. I did a post count resync without SPAMWorld.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Thanks, I was afraid I'd carry that 1200+ post baggage around.

Do I get a cookie for spamming?
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ace Pace wrote:Do I get a cookie for spamming?
No, but you could get a banning if you want something special. ;-)
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

No, you get a spanking for being a bad boy. And it's going to hurt.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

muse wrote:
No, you get a spanking for being a bad boy. And it's going to hurt.
Especially how aerianna gives them...don't worry Ace, I heard he just uses a paddle.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Dominus Atheos wrote:
The search function said you got more then Servo, so I think that means you got the most.
Why me? I only had about 120 posts in spamworld.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Darth Servo wrote:
Dominus Atheos wrote:
Why me? I only had about 120 posts in spamworld.
When I returned, you had control of an entire page of spamworld. I suppose thats why I assumed you had me nearly equaled. Though walls of 'spam spam spam', were abit annoying.

So I suppose this is it, till the three million posts. Maybe another celebration when we get 100 senators.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Ace Pace wrote:When I returned, you had control of an entire page of spamworld. I suppose thats why I assumed you had me nearly equaled. Though walls of 'spam spam spam', were abit annoying.
Spam is annoying by definition.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

How about the custom title "Sir Spamalot"?

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

And this has come, gone and dumped on.

*sweeps up*
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete