We went strawberry picking yesterday...-pics of our kids-

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

We went strawberry picking yesterday...-pics of our kids-

Post by Mrs Kendall »

...and I took some photos :)

That's his grampa/my father who is helping our son John. Daddy (Cpl Kendall) and Madison (our daughter) stayed home due to being sick.

I also made two batches of strawberry jam yesterday when we got back :)

This morning when our son saw that all the jars of strawberry jam were done he said "Mommy, you made strawberry jam, you're the best!" What a sweetheart, eh :)

Last edited by Mrs Kendall on 2006-07-01 11:03am, edited 1 time in total.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

/I swear this should be in a disney movie *writes down for future plot refrence* nice pictures Mrs. Kendall.
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Why should it be in a Disney movie? cause of my daughter's suit? You're a weirdo :P

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Ah yes, the naive days when working in the garden with grandpa wasn't a chore!

:wink:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yes actually he loves gardening, he'll help my mother and father weed their gardens but when I ask him to help me do mine he has no interest in it at all. I think he just looks for things to do with Grandma and Grampa :)

He loved it yesterday, and I'm sitting here cursing that I agreed to go when my parents were willing to just bring him alone, because of the extreme pain in my back today. Grrr.. damn back problems.. at least I had fun watching him have fun yesterday. At least I got to take photos of his first time.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

My back is a bit better today so I'm gonna tackle another recipe of strawberry jam!! Yay!!
It's the constant stirring of the jam so it doesn't burn in the super high pot (dutch oven) that kills my shoulder and arm muscles... Maybe this time I'll alternate hands for the stirring part :)
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Mrs Kendall wrote:My back is a bit better today so I'm gonna tackle another recipe of strawberry jam!! Yay!!
It's the constant stirring of the jam so it doesn't burn in the super high pot (dutch oven) that kills my shoulder and arm muscles... Maybe this time I'll alternate hands for the stirring part :)
Have you tried standing on a stool or something to make it so that you can stir at waist level, with your elbow at your side, in stead of cheast level? That puts a lot less strain on the shoulders, I find.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yeah actually I figured that one out like halfway through the second batch :oops: and then when I made the third batch today I did that. I stood on one of our kids chairs as our stool has bumpy steps and is not comfy on my bare feet :lol:

It would probably help my foot pain if I wore my indoor shoes as well eh ;)