Star Crossed Fanfic

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

First post!

edit: I thought somebody had just bumped this again to yell at the noobie some more. Quite pleased I was wrong. :D I love the bit with Vader using battle meditation and Luke stopping him. Ochoa is great as always. Oh man, I can't wait to see exactly what Thawn does with Han, and when and how Khan will finally play his hand.
Last edited by Trogdor on 2006-06-30 11:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Thrawn seems to be losing his composure. Certainly, things are diverging quite a good deal from his intended course for them, and Vader is being troublesome, but he still seems to be reacting a bit too badly. :?

Nevertheless, the rest was good as always, and it's good to see Han and Ochoa again.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Noble Ire wrote:Thrawn seems to be losing his composure. Certainly, things are diverging quite a good deal from his intended course for them, and Vader is being troublesome, but he still seems to be reacting a bit too badly. :?

Nevertheless, the rest was good as always, and it's good to see Han and Ochoa again.
Everyone can have a bad day. Thrawn's under a lot of pressure and Vader just fell for a pretty obvious ploy. It places the whole offensive at risk and we all know who is going to be pissed at Thrawn should he fail here.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

I can see certain threads beginning to weave here, and it's wonderful to watch.

Stravo, there are many details that wove into this story, and many aspects that are tying together beautifully.

I can't wait to see how this turns out. ;)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Well worth the wait, my friend. Excellent developments and the continuing of the endgame. Keep it up! :)
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

I am most pleased! The interaction between Han and Thrawn ought to be priceless.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

I think Stravo's going for a world record here. :P

92 chapters? Jesus. :lol:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Post by Arrow »

What a great way to wake up in the morning! I can't wait to see what happens with the Klingons - I get the feeling the Executor is going to take from every position!
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
Valkyrie
Redshirt

Post by Valkyrie »

The plot thickens... yet again

Time to see some Klingons kick impy butt :D

Great Chapter Stravo, i salute you !
The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life. - Andrew Brown

Humor is just another defense against the universe. - Mel Brooks
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Yes an update

Very nice, everythings really hotting up now

I wonder if this is gonna make 100 chapters before ending
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

We're on 92 and you're asking that? We're not anywhere near resolving the end-of-the-universe bit! Kahn hasn't had a chance to do anything but make snide remarks and get smacked around. Palpy is still out there in his Death Star making who knows what kind of trouble, and the new Borg haven't done anything yet. The Han/Kirk/Leia triangle has to be explored. I'm probably even forgetting plot threads. Considering that individual battles take at least a whole chapter, I'd say we're nowhere near done.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Perseid
Padawan Learner

Post by Perseid »

Alan Bolte wrote:We're on 92 and you're asking that? We're not anywhere near resolving the end-of-the-universe bit! Kahn hasn't had a chance to do anything but make snide remarks and get smacked around. Palpy is still out there in his Death Star making who knows what kind of trouble, and the new Borg haven't done anything yet. The Han/Kirk/Leia triangle has to be explored. I'm probably even forgetting plot threads. Considering that individual battles take at least a whole chapter, I'd say we're nowhere near done.
OK in that case maybe I should be wondering if this'll reach 200 chapters
Valkyrie
Redshirt

Post by Valkyrie »

The more the merrier! 8)
The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life. - Andrew Brown

Humor is just another defense against the universe. - Mel Brooks
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Sweet a four thousand page book!!!!!!
What else can you ask for?
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

fusion wrote:Sweet a four thousand page book!!!!!!
What else can you ask for?
Hot lesbian action?
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

You dont deserve any. :P

And bravo Stravo. not many authers can mange this many chapters and maintain quality :)
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
FireNexus
Cookie

Post by FireNexus »

Damn... It's been almost four years since the first chapter of starcrossed. Who would've thunk it?
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

Alan Bolte wrote:We're on 92 and you're asking that? We're not anywhere near resolving the end-of-the-universe bit! Kahn hasn't had a chance to do anything but make snide remarks and get smacked around. Palpy is still out there in his Death Star making who knows what kind of trouble, and the new Borg haven't done anything yet. The Han/Kirk/Leia triangle has to be explored. I'm probably even forgetting plot threads. Considering that individual battles take at least a whole chapter, I'd say we're nowhere near done.
With any other fanfic author out there I would say that they've bitten off a little more than they can chew but I, personally, have faith in Stravo. :)
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Huzzah! New chap. Plus, Luke kicking butt. Any chance of the Borg making an appearance at Andor?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Fucking Sith Lords, more trouble than they're worth.

I don't believe the Tie Advanced has missile tubes. And you would think the missiles would have safeties so their warheads wouldn't be armed while still in the tubes, and that they wouldn't detonate unless they hit their intended target.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Fucking Sith Lords, more trouble than they're worth.

I don't believe the Tie Advanced has missile tubes. And you would think the missiles would have safeties so their warheads wouldn't be armed while still in the tubes, and that they wouldn't detonate unless they hit their intended target.
I could have sworn you could fire concussion missiles in the TIE fighter game when you flew TIE Advanced fighters.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Those were Tie Avengers, which are different from the Tie Advanced.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Those were Tie Avengers, which are different from the Tie Advanced.
Err the Tie Advanced is nicknamed the 'Avenger' by its pilots. The X1 Vader flew at Yavin was an early 'concept' model of the Advanced he got because of his status. The production varient of the Advanced carried concussion missiles.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Alan Bolte wrote: I'm probably even forgetting plot threads.
The Super Nova missile Section 31 has pointed at Andor's sun?
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

It's fun being with the fanatics.

On another note, Luke old boy has been killing a fighter every fourteen seconds.
Pretty impressive even with the force wonking with most of his targets.
Not on line with the clone wars cartoon's but still fantasticly good.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton