Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Stunning symbolism, but I must admit I found it morbidly hilarious. It's as if some random deity (now who could that be?) appeared behind Nozama as she sauntered down the hall. "Here, have these wings! They were your brothers!" *ker chink!*

And Alder saw the whole thing.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Oh, pretty wings.

Wait, is that blood?
Blood is fun to draw Image

---
Darth Raptor wrote:Stunning symbolism, but I must admit I found it morbidly hilarious. It's as if some random deity (now who could that be?) appeared behind Nozama as she sauntered down the hall. "Here, have these wings! They were your brothers!" *ker chink!*
:P Well if Alder's not using them, it's practically a favor! If anything, isn't it a little sad though that everyone fucking coddles Nozoma, as if she can't possibly do anything on her own? And it's basically all, "Oh, gosh. Your brother died. Do you want to die or do you want to come get caught in a horrible internal conflict under the guise of being useful? Great, grab your stuff!"

I mean, just because she's incompetant!... though on the other hand, she's basically trying to repay being given opportunities she really didn't earn. And still not exactly cutting it. Dernit, Nozoma!
And Alder saw the whole thing.
Of course he would! Anything to make Alder's life more miserable, eh? :D
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

You know what'd really amuse me? If Nozoma got into a fight with Fvier and kicked her ass. That's not likely, but goddamn would it be great; especially because the look on Zixier's face would be worth all the assholery he's caused. Of course, it would mean that Fvier would be hurt, but she's so very superior towards Nozoma that it makes me mildly angry.

Nozoma forever.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I don't know, Fvier's a lot more awesome now.
Tiger Ace
Jedi Knight

Post by Tiger Ace »

Oooh pretty. Pick, thats cool.

Also, I'm still awaiting the slash.
Useless geek posting above.

Its Ace Pace.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Tiger Ace wrote:Also, I'm still awaiting the slash.
Yeah, yeah. You know it took a fair amount of mental labor to whip up a scenario in which these two actually meet? Never mind that Zixer hates Syvorians to an unhealthy extent and can barely stand to be in the same room as someone partially Evil (let alone the same bed as someone totally Evil). But hey, since when has being a sworn enemy ruled out the buttsecks? Not in the magical land of Fangir'lia.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The bolts on her back are a nice touch. As Darth Raptor said, the symbolism of it is very nice, although I wouldn't really look at the situation that morbidly. Of course, it does look like it's from Alder's poitn of view, and we all know how he is. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:You know what'd really amuse me? If Nozoma got into a fight with Fvier and kicked her ass. That's not likely, but goddamn would it be great; especially because the look on Zixier's face would be worth all the assholery he's caused. Of course, it would mean that Fvier would be hurt, but she's so very superior towards Nozoma that it makes me mildly angry.

Nozoma forever.
Would anything really be worth all of Zixer's jackassery? He's such a piece of flaming poo, he makes me angry just to write :lol:. Still, Nozoma does deserve a chance to get back at those who would so egregiously interfere with her happiness....

Fvier's very arrogant, though. She's actually meant to be built like another potential Zixer, but seeing him gives her an outer context that grants her some freedom of thought :).
Noble Ire wrote:The bolts on her back are a nice touch. As Darth Raptor said, the symbolism of it is very nice, although I wouldn't really look at the situation that morbidly. Of course, it does look like it's from Alder's poitn of view, and we all know how he is. :wink:
Alder is a nice kid, but yeah... he's a tad prone to overreacting :P. Schitzy little guy!

Still, how do you think he would feel about Nozoma gaining all of his eventual fame and position (if not precisely)? He is Good, and he'd be happy for her, but at the same time, he definitely has the potential for envy. Poor kid, he's got the most simple, humble goal and still almost no chance of actually attaining it :wink:.

---

Aww, and Darth Raptor, keep at it! Fight the good fight! Sense was never a prerequisite to fanfiction. :D
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Studies (done with reference)

I don't really like bears; they're a bit dumpy when repose.

Comparison shot on profile.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That horse seems a little lanky in the chest and stomach. But the head studies are wonderful.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thank you!

These event files are pretty small, so, again, if anyone wants to watch me sketch, just let me know (and get the trial of OC4 at portalgraphics.net :P)

---

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Kuja's gonna cream himself. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Kuja's gonna cream himself. :P
And you didn't?

I failed :cry:.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:And you didn't?

I failed :cry:.
Magnificent? Absolutely. Orgasmic? Not quite, because:

1) Not a furry.

2) No birds or reptiles.

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Magnificent? Absolutely. Orgasmic? Not quite, because:

1) Not a furry.
... So you're just waiting until I draw DC characters some more? :P

And I generally don't like drawing birds :wink:. They're... blaaa :lol:.
Last edited by Pick on 2006-07-05 12:42am, edited 1 time in total.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Awesome wolf studies, dear. :)

Great amount of realism without depending on being perfectly realistic.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

The nitpicker in me wants to point out that most cats I've seen have more streamlined heads with smaller lower jaws, really more triangular with a different ear connection to head and further back, slightly larger eyes.

But that's all very minor stuff that I'm only picking up because there's a cat right now jamming its head into mine trying to get attention instead of the glowy screen. I'm sure if she wasn't there I'd never notice. I don't have a lion on hand right now, for instance.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:... So you're just waiting until I draw DC characters some more?
If you think your characters are furries, then count yourself among the fortunate ones, isolated from the darkest horrors of the internet.

*Shivers*

:P

And I love the lion/cat comparison. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:
Pick wrote:... So you're just waiting until I draw DC characters some more?
If you think your characters are furries, then count yourself among the fortunate ones, isolated from the darkest horrors of the internet.

*Shivers*

:P
I was just poking fun at myself :wink:. They're not "furries" to me. They're just my fuzzy-wuzzy fruity elves! :D

As for the cats, MRDOD, that might be true in your cat, but not all of them. This isn't the cat I based the image on, but this comparison shows cat/drawing pretty closely:

Thank you though, I didn't mean to sound defensive :wink:.
(I made the photo cat a bit smaller so it shows well through the lines)
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Nice sketches. T'is quite impressive that you can go from one animal to the next so swiftly.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:... So you're just waiting until I draw DC characters some more? :P
I meant *I'm* not a furry. Technically speaking, humanoids with animal characteristics are anthros, not furries. Animals with human posture and dexterity are furries. Anthros are usually more realistic, suggesting an alternate evolutionary path a species could hypothetically take to achieve humanity. Furries are purely fantastic. The former are delicious, the latter are frightening. Image

And modern animals are pretty blah in general, IMO. All the cool critters are either extinct or fictitious.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:And modern animals are pretty blah in general, IMO. All the cool critters are either extinct or fictitious.
Yeah... fake animals are a bit more fun to draw, but it's still a good thing to know how animals actually look :lol:. I do like tigers and lions lots, though. Reptiles too, but they're much harder to draw, because "How to draw animals!!!" books don't tend to feature them. If they're there at all.

To keep the thread arty:
A random shiny dollop of crap :P.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote: As for the cats, MRDOD, that might be true in your cat, but not all of them. This isn't the cat I based the image on, but this comparison shows cat/drawing pretty closely:

Thank you though, I didn't mean to sound defensive :wink:.
(I made the photo cat a bit smaller so it shows well through the lines)
Oh, not defensive at all. Idly pointing out that I'm being stupid again in judging all cats by one is hardly going out of your way to protect your art from criticism. Although I must say I am totally amused by me pointing out 'inaccuracies' and you whip out a picture that's basically the same. It's like the art critic version of a pwned macro image.

That's a Russian Blue, I think, or something that at least looks similar. They have sort of blunt, boxy heads. Males especially. I should have realized not all cats are lithe little American Shorthairs. The rightmost shape-defining ear line on the closest ear does curve down too far, though, so at least I was right on one count. 1/4 is pretty good for my accuracy in judging artwork. :wink:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ha ha, yup, seems so :wink:.

---
Dea, the last Queen of the Zaa. All we really know about her is that she fought Llanlleia in the war and has been dead for some time. Lauer's bands are made of her skin.

And yes, there's sense behind those hands... it's just... almost fucking impossible to see if you weren't the one who drew them :wink:.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Of all the things I ever tried to draw, it was horses I most failed at.

So that's what Dea looks like! You know, it never really occured to me until right at this second, that perhaps part of the reason why Umber responds well to Verdy is that he knew Dea and is in some way reminded of her. Which is stretching credibility somewhat, but I do that everytime I set pen to paper.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.