Woo, new camera!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Woo, new camera!

Post by Pezzoni »

In their infinate awesomeness, my parents got me a camera for my birthday today, a Canon 30D. I'm loving it, and have spent most of the day wandering about playing with it, resulting in the following shots:

Random flowers in the garden:

A bee, on other random flowers:

A rose:

One of the dogs, who definately has satanic tendancies:

And the sky:

Click to enlarge 8)
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Nice photography! You definitely have skill with that camera. :)
Image Image
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Well, with a 30D you'd better have skill. Good composition, for sure.
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Ypoknons wrote:Well, with a 30D you'd better have skill.
Indeed, it's rather inb my best interests to get the most out of this camera possible!
Good composition, for sure.
Thankyou :)
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Well, slap my ass and call me Dixie... a Canon 30D... *drool* Where do you live, I wish to hold you at knife point. What sort of lenses do you have for it? :lol:

Excellent pictures. I love the dog.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Ypoknons
Jedi Knight

Post by Ypoknons »

Pezzoni wrote:Indeed, it's rather inb my best interests to get the most out of this camera possible!
Heh sorry if that came out a bit harsh. I meant to say that if anyone without skill and dedication buys a 30D then it's really a questionable use of money, so it's no surprised that you have skill and dedication. :D
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Well, slap my ass and call me Dixie... a Canon 30D... *drool* Where do you live, I wish to hold you at knife point. What sort of lenses do you have for it? :lol:
:D
All the above were shot on a 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM (borrowed from my Dad). There is also a 17-55 f4.5-5.6 kit lens, also owned by my Dad (we got the 30D body only, as we didn't really want another kit lens). I'm going to order a 100mm f2.8 Macro in a few days as well.
Excellent pictures. I love the dog.
Heh sorry if that came out a bit harsh. I meant to say that if anyone without skill and dedication buys a 30D then it's really a questionable use of money, so it's no surprised that you have skill and dedication. :D
No worries, I understood your sentiment :D
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Pezzoni wrote: :D
All the above were shot on a 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM (borrowed from my Dad). There is also a 17-55 f4.5-5.6 kit lens, also owned by my Dad (we got the 30D body only, as we didn't really want another kit lens). I'm going to order a 100mm f2.8 Macro in a few days as well.
Nice, you shouldn't merely put kit lens on the camera, since I kind of kind that like putting a burlap sack on a beautiful girl for clothing. Sure, it covers her up, but it's just not right, you know?
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Out of interest, I did I side by side comparison of the two lenses. The kit lens was noticably softer, as well as feeling cheaper (it is nice and wide, as well as light though - granted).

I just want to play with a L Series lens now. Although maybe not, since I'll then want to buy more :?
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Pezzoni wrote:I just want to play with a L Series lens now. Although maybe not, since I'll then want to buy more :?
Well, you can buy some L glass and give it to me instead? :D
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Hmm, let me think ;)

I have finalised my probable final lens setup however:
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L USM
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro

I currently own none of them, although hopefully will get the Macro in the next few weeks.