Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

She looks like she could kill you by staring hard.

Verdie's traits aren't quite that developed so I suppose there's no real need for urgent concern... yet.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Darth Raptor wrote:She looks like she could kill you by staring hard.

Verdie's traits aren't quite that developed so I suppose there's no real need for urgent concern... yet.
I dunno about that, Verdegris is rather spiky and it's been like what, a few months at most since when Edge started acting like an ass to her? Less?

She's obviously going off the deep end.

Dea seems suitably lithe yet bulky like Dragons should be, considering the Zaa and all.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Of all the things I ever tried to draw, it was horses I most failed at.
Horses are rough. I'm all right at them, since I'm a girl, which means about half of m childhood was spent trying to draw ponies :).
So that's what Dea looks like! You know, it never really occured to me until right at this second, that perhaps part of the reason why Umber responds well to Verdy is that he knew Dea and is in some way reminded of her. Which is stretching credibility somewhat, but I do that everytime I set pen to paper.
Well, at least in Edge's opinion, all the Zaa look alike :wink:. Umber knows better, of course. On the other hand, though, Verdigris and Dea aren't far off in the Zaa's own system. They're both North Zaa, anyway (that's a good thing, for them.) They're a bit spikier than usual, and avoid hemming traits like cutting their hair, or trimming their spikes, etc., unless it's too much of a bother.
Darth Raptor wrote:She looks like she could kill you by staring hard.

Dea is one chick you really, really don't want to mess with. She was very powerful, and when she died, she was much older than Desunius is now (but not as old as Umber.) Desunius knew her; they served at the same time. Umber knew her too. Edge didn't.

And you should be worrying about Verdigris :P. This is as far as Dea got --the ancient, famed Queen of the Zaa!

---
It's been a little more than a year since Edge started being an extra-shit to Verdigris. Speaking of time stuff, hot damn! It'll be winter soon in Syvoria and Llanlleia, and I'm going to have fun with that, damnit!

Though it might only be in a side-story (oh well.)

I'll start a new thread when the posts die off again.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:It'll be winter soon in Syvoria and Llanlleia, and I'm going to have fun with that, damnit!

Though it might only be in a side-story (oh well.)
Fun in winter? Like, Snowball fights? Perhaps only in Syvoria, since Llanelian harmony won't come from ritualized play-warfare. I can see Darius screwing around like that and hitting Alder, who whines about it afterwards (to Kesyl who makes out with him while Hyral tries to drain money out to appease Edge who vaguely likes Shader but is being a shit to both Ryvara and Verdegris who are studying with Desunius and Umber respectively. See, you made a coherent narrative after all. :P)
Last edited by Duckie on 2006-07-05 04:43am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I was under the impression that Llanlleia was tropical anyway.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Maybe snowball fights, maybe not. Maybe just making red snowmen, or having adventures nibbling off of the frozen corpses of the homeless... whatever :P.
Darth Raptor wrote:I was under the impression that Llanlleia was tropical anyway.
Llanlleia has nicer weather, but it still gets snow sometimes. The summers are pretty extreme, though. Neither one is completely wintery, though northern Syvoria gets bloody fucking nasty cold sometimes (you know, wind through the mountains or whatever bullshit reason works 8). Because.)

Some people definitely like that weather more than others, though :wink:.

Also, never forget that fun in winter is different than fun in Winter. :o. Capital letters are really important in Kiyao.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Thinking climatologically-wise reminded me- How big, exactly, is the area in the books? I mean, Edge and co. covered half of it in just a few weeks, but judging from the general shape and my spider sense I want to call it like Korea-sized (because it's basically Korea Shaped).
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

That was my guess too, although I'd say it straddles the boundary between "peninsula" and "subcontinent". Though it couldn't be anywhere near as massive as India.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Aaah, shit. I don't know how big. I have trouble with the concept of distance, and always have. I generally refer to Iceland, though, when thinking about their island. It's a bit bigger than that, but not too much.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Wait, "island"? You mean north of the mountains there's... nothing? Ocean?
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

East there's land, North there's land. Just not really a whole lot. Probably another Llanlleia/Syvoria worth (which is actually what I meant by my "Iceland" size, not the entire island, blaaaa my brain is being dumb.)

The Lazaari live to the North.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

You just pulled an Elder Scrolls. You shoved more depth into one island than exists in most fictional universes. And we're left with an entire planet (minus an infinitesimal percentage) to speculate about. I hope you're happy. :P

*head implodes*
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:You just pulled an Elder Scrolls. You shoved more depth into one island than exists in most fictional universes. And we're left with an entire planet (minus an infinitesimal percentage) to speculate about. I hope you're happy. :P

*head implodes*
Well I won't be writing anything else on the planet, so imagine away :wink:. I'll be lucky if I finish Dark Councilors, much less any of the peripheral projects. I'm already having trouble, since the scenes I really want to do seem just as far away as when I started :?. Plus college starts soon... .
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Thank you!

These event files are pretty small, so, again, if anyone wants to watch me sketch, just let me know (and get the trial of OC4 at portalgraphics.net :P)

---

http://www.darkcouncilors.com/Artwork/s ... /dogs1.jpg
ARROOOOOOOO!!
Darth Raptor wrote:Kuja's gonna cream himself. :P
Shuddup, boy. :P
JADAFETWA