With Justice For None (Nalifan and Company)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I hate compulsions.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I hate broken jaws. The time it takes to heal it, is time you could have been frying the opponent.

This is why Kaeryn usually doesn't engage hand-to-hand when I play her ;) Impy has her far more in the forefront than I actually play her. Her usual trick is magical and ranged support. Nitram swears the 'Mystra's Stars' shiroken she uses are rigged from how often the dice hit 18-20.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

LadyTevar wrote:I hate broken jaws. The time it takes to heal it, is time you could have been frying the opponent.

This is why Kaeryn usually doesn't engage hand-to-hand when I play her ;) Impy has her far more in the forefront than I actually play her. Her usual trick is magical and ranged support. Nitram swears the 'Mystra's Stars' shiroken she uses are rigged from how often the dice hit 18-20.
Let see times Kaeryn has been in hand to hand

1) mage and antimagic shell with 9th level uber spell of buffing on.

2) ambushed.

3) antimagic shell and afformentioned 9th level spell. She didn't choose HTH, but blasted and enemy closed.

That doesn't seem like choosing HTH to me. :P
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"What do you think we should do about him?" asked Astinius.

"Nothing," replied Gaheris, "for the moment. We've got too much trouble to handle. The Night Masks are still strong, they still slaughtered too many of our people here, and they're too strong on the Coast. I don't like what he did, but it did help and we have enough on our plate without going to war with him and his friends." Gaheris knew some people who could be very good assassins if the cause was right, people who were probably better than Nalifan was prepared to admit, but even if they succeeded that wouldn't end the problem. Hell, they might not even keep him dead. He wasn't sure what he should do about Nalifan, but right now he had too much to deal with.

"We should get together with the Lathandarites and other like minded churches," said Astinius. "The Night Masks may still have the council, but they've lost their shock troops. We can put together a coalition to oppose their control of the city. People will be looking for leadership. If we step into the gap . . . "

"Yes," said Gaheris. "I was thinking along the same lines." The two adventurers continued the conversation as they walked into the shadows of Westgate's slums and vanished into the cities maze of decrepit streets and alleys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So where does that leave us?" Nalifan asked. "A bunch of magic items that aren't useful to me and you will destroy, Imizael getting an unpleasant message upon her resurrection, and too much blood between us?"

"About that, yes," said Kaeryn soflty.

"Funny isn't it? I am the cruel one, the vengeful one. And yet I am the one who can forgive the trasgressions."

"Nal-"

"You broke your word to me," he said sharply. "You chose strangers above me, magicless peons who would knife me in the street if they thought they could get away with it. You did this after I told you that it was futile and now you resent what I did to deliver victory."

"The lives of those 'magicless peons' have value," she said sharply. "I have sworn duties."

"And, of course those duties wouldn't include an arch-mage who your Goddess has her eyes on. There was no clear cut duty to break your word to me."

"No," she said firmly, "it wasn't clear or easy. So I chose."

"And so here we are," he said. "Well, there isn't any point in delaying this. The blood lies between us. Whatever the future brings, we are done for now." He turned to leave. "I'll see you at the wedding."

"Wedding?"

"Sylvetria and Trizkel's. Ahh, must not have mentioned it in the excitement. Haven't set the date yet. I'm sure you'll get a formal invitation when they do. Good bye."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sylvetria put her foot on the backplate of a Banite's armour and pulled, yanking her spiked warhammer out of the dead priest's body. "That's the last of them," she said. Her limbs ached, but she still felt the fire of battle flowing through her body.

Trizkel sheathed his swords and joined her. The brief and brutal melee had emptied the streets, leaving them alone with the dead. "These bastards die hard," she continued.

Trizkel shrugged. "Yeah, but they still die." He pointed down the street. "Do you recognize that bunch of hard cases?"

"They guys on horses, dressed for colder weather, and armed to the teeth?"

"Yes."

"No."

"They don't seem to like us." Their facial expressions were down right grim. The riders formed up. "Not at all."

Sylvetria moved towards an alley mouth. "To Baator with this," she said. She wasn't going to stay in the open and recieve a cavalry charge on foot.

Four drew bows in smooth motions and loosed arrows. One missed cleanly. Trizkel batted another out of the air, sidestepped a third, and the fourth sliced through his force armour to open a thin cut on his left arm.

He drew upon his resevoirs of inner strength and opened his mouth. Black acid blasted forth and sprayed over the northerners. Humans and horses screamed as their flush dissolved and bubbled away. Trizkel watched the thrashing, screaming mass. "So much for them. Hi Nal."

"Hello," replied Nalifan as he walked up the street. "Friends of yours?"

Trizkel shrugged. "They picked a fight. I settled it."

"Hi Syl."

"Hello Nalifan," she said stepping out of cover.

"Its settled for now," Nalifan said. "I'll come back in a while and end a few lives, but for now a period of absence would be best. Anyone have any place they want to go? If not, I know this island just off Union with this gorgeous lake . . . ."
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Umbras
Youngling

Post by Umbras »

Lol poor bastards, if they only knew they died to the wrong Drow Elf.
"Forgiveness is between them and god, its my job to arrange the meeting."
"I don't want you to kill him -- I just want you to bury him. If he dies in the process, that's his problem."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Umbras wrote:Lol poor bastards, if they only knew they died to the wrong Drow Elf.
And in less than a round, too. Pitiful... wonder how Nalifan will find out about his daughter now?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

LadyTevar wrote: And in less than a round, too. Pitiful... wonder how Nalifan will find out about his daughter now?
Thats what future stories are for.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Ok started reading this the other day and finished up now. All I gotta say very excellent read. You write professionaly after all you are better than alot of the writters out there. Couple of questions though about the soul eating alter does that even prevent a wish spell from working or what about a quick guant through time which was allowed under second edition not sure about 3.5 though been awhile.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

A time jaunt would theoretically allow intervention. A wish spell would not be able to reverse the effects of the altar.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Imperial Overlord wrote:A time jaunt would theoretically allow intervention. A wish spell would not be able to reverse the effects of the altar.
Damn something a wish can't undo pretty nasty then. Could he use the wish to pull her soul from the past right before she died. Hum even if not a time jaunt would give him the possibility of saving her should he really want to. Granted both of them are some serious magic and would he believe shes worth the effort.

Guess I am going to have to buy some of the newer books even though where I live theres almost know the games at least in English.