Star Wars Tatoos

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Star Wars Tatoos

Post by Comosicus »

Some Star Wars tatoos my wife found on a russian website. Some of them are really amazing.

(this one must have hurt)

Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

If you're going to brand yourself with Yoda, why in the world would you use the Clone Wars Cartoon image of him :?:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Comosicus wrote:(this one must have hurt)
Holy shit, is that a brand?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Crown wrote:If you're going to brand yourself with Yoda, why in the world would you use the Clone Wars Cartoon image of him :?:
Because it looks meaner than the movie version?
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Surlethe wrote:
Comosicus wrote:(this one must have hurt)
Holy shit, is that a brand?
The great big emire symbol burned into that guy's back? Yea, those really are burns. They wouldn't have done the whole thing with one hunk of metal, but that's what it is.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Crown wrote:If you're going to brand yourself with Yoda, why in the world would you use the Clone Wars Cartoon image of him :?:
My two guesses would be because of the specific pose of the reference image, and maybe because it's easier to draw.

I remember seeing the "Courtney - Daughter Country Star Wars" one in the most recent terrible tattoos thread at Something Awful.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Some of those tattoo artists aren't that bad.

This is the kind of thing that is really cool done in permanent marker, but really, really stupid done in tattoo.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Meh, I got a guy at work with some cool SW tats. The DSII and a montouge of other SW stuff, including the Rebel sysmbol. It's fairly cool. Too bad he had it done first, because I didn't want to copy him, I got a LotR's tattoo instead. :wink:
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I think the Imperial symbol would make a pretty kickass tatoo.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten