Oh shit, she has opposable thumbs! (my cat, that is)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Oh shit, she has opposable thumbs! (my cat, that is)

Post by Lonestar »

The next stage in feline evolution.

Special guest appearence by "The Furry Slug"

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
JediMaster415
Padawan Learner

Re: Oh shit, she has opposable thumbs! (my cat, that is)

Post by JediMaster415 »

That cat somehow gave me an image of an evil cat demon.
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

JediMaster415 wrote:
Demon? Hardly. That cat is clearly a shady feline criminal mastermind and underworld 'controller'.
JediMaster415
Padawan Learner

Post by JediMaster415 »

Feil wrote:
JediMaster415 wrote:
Demon? Hardly. That cat is clearly a shady feline criminal mastermind and underworld 'controller'.
What's the difference?
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

nice extended dewclaw there. I for one welcome our feline overloards...

yeah, natural selection is an ongoing process, why should primates be the only ones to adapt to apposable gripping surfaces.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

That's so cute :) It looks like she's wearing mittens :lol:
WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

Post by WyrdNyrd »

Why is the cat in the last pic called "The Furry Slug"? It can't be because it just lies around and does nothing all day - All cats do that! :lol:
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Growing up, I had a cat that had opposing thumbs on each forepaw, and the last 1/2 inch or so of her tail was split too. Yeah she was a genetic freak, course having her mother sleep over a test bed CT scanner while pregnant had nothing to do with it.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I, for one, welcome the first person to welcome our Feline Overlords with a shotgun to the face. :P
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

WyrdNyrd wrote:Why is the cat in the last pic called "The Furry Slug"? It can't be because it just lies around and does nothing all day - All cats do that! :lol:
He's particularly sluggish.

Actually, he's quite a bit thinner than he used to be, be has the whole "Fat Bastard post-subway diet" look to him.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Cats eat Subway? :lol: I can just see it now :lol:
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Are these felines new to the Lonestar household or did you have them when you were in the Navy?
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Had 'em for awhile(Family cats). They are at my parents right now, looks like I'm gonna take total custody of them soon. (Mom doesn't like cats).
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Damn. Soon they won't even need us to operate can openers.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
The Yosemite Bear

Imperial Overlord wrote:Damn. Soon they won't even need us to operate can openers.
Don't worry they will keep us along as slaves for a while at least, after all, they don't yet have money to buy the canned food.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Is The Furry Slug giving a "WTF" look? :lol:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
The Yosemite Bear

Jason von Evil wrote:Is The Furry Slug giving a "WTF" look? :lol:
either that or the "is that camera edible?"
Kwizard
Padawan Learner

Post by Kwizard »

I don't care if nobody uses it. That was just begging to be made into an avatar. :)
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Kwizard wrote:Image

I don't care if nobody uses it. That was just begging to be made into an avatar. :)
Cool!
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

I'm waiting on the "I'm with Lonestar's freakish cat" Civil War banner. :lol:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Jason von Evil wrote:I'm waiting on the "I'm with Lonestar's freakish cat" Civil War banner. :lol:
I'm all for it, but obviously my graphic skills suck.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Yeah, my wife's last cat had the same deal. How he ended up named 'Ash' instead of 'Mittens' is beyond me. As cats go, he wasn't that bad, to bad he took off and became MIA. I prefer him to my wife's current piece of fuzzy shit.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Knife wrote:Yeah, my wife's last cat had the same deal. How he ended up named 'Ash' instead of 'Mittens' is beyond me. As cats go, he wasn't that bad, to bad he took off and became MIA. I prefer him to my wife's current piece of fuzzy shit.
May you be mobbed by cats, sir!
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Lonestar wrote:
Knife wrote:Yeah, my wife's last cat had the same deal. How he ended up named 'Ash' instead of 'Mittens' is beyond me. As cats go, he wasn't that bad, to bad he took off and became MIA. I prefer him to my wife's current piece of fuzzy shit.
May you be mobbed by cats, sir!
My two +80lbs dogs tend to prevent that.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

what kind of Dogs?