Four-Way Nuclear Free for All!

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Four-Way Nuclear Free for All!

Post by Darth Raptor »

In the throes of infinite boredom, I've been playing with blank political maps. Here's a map of Terra from my fictional universe. Early 22nd Century (AD) just before World War IV.

World map.

Blue: Alliance of Free States. Cobbled together from the remnants of NATO and its allies after WWIII. Capital is London at this point (formerly Geneva). It's a loose confederation with a weak central government that regulates interstate commerce and provides for the common defense. Member states cannot maintain their own military forces but have virtual autonomy in all other matters of governance. It's main tactical advantages are air and naval power, as well as space-based weaponry.

Red: Chinese Hegemony. At the onset of WWIII the People's Liberation Army staged a coup and successfully overthrew the government. The military junta then proceeded to declare neutrality. As a consequence, Greater China survived the holocaust virtually unscathed. As NATO and the Warsaw Pact collapsed, China embarked on a campaign of conquest throughout Asia virtually unopposed. The Hegemony holds its vast territory together by sheer force, with varying degrees of success from region to region. It's primary tactical strengths are massed infantry and heavy armor.

Green: Grand Caliphate. Reeling from the war, the colonial powers of Europe lost their holdings in the Middle East. The postwar reconstruction period was plagued by a severe petroleum shortage, on which Arab entrepeneurs exploited to the maximum possible degree. Throughout the 21st Century, the Caliphate's incredible wealth earned it a place among the world's superpowers. A totalitarian Islamic theocracy, the nation's commercial and administrative hub is the capital city of Riyadh. The true leaders of the Caliphate are centered in Mecca and Medina, however. Main battlefield advantages consist of NBC weapons and highly unconventional tactics.

Black: Terran Dictatorial Imperium. This is the direct predecessor of the modern Terran Empire. At this point, the capital is Pretoria. As its name suggests, it's an absolute autocracy. Nevertheless, the TDI has brought much needed social progress and economic development to the Third World. It has accomplished this through miraculous agricultural and energy technologies. Battlefield advantages include superhuman bioroid soldiers and advanced, mechanized ground vehicles.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Is it wrong that I think of the Super Smash Brother's announcer saying "Free for All!"?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Ford Prefect wrote:Is it wrong that I think of the Super Smash Brother's announcer saying "Free for All!"?
No, I got that too. :wink: