The Grand AcePace, Lonestar, and Shep meet-up.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

The Grand AcePace, Lonestar, and Shep meet-up.

Post by MKSheppard »

We walked around and visited the following places in DC

National Air And Space
American History Museum
Natural History Museum
WWII Memorial

in 91F, 46% humidity weather (feels like 94F).

For you Europeans, that's 32.7C (feels like 34.4C).

Ugh, I'm absolutely pooped.

The Grand Meetup outside the bookstore at the NASM; after Ace got lost finding his way and was late.

Lonestar tells us a Sea Story (TM) while we have a drink at noonish.

While Ace Listens...

Ace and Lonestar watch TV from the 1960s.

Ace, as POTUS.

Walking around in this weather makes Lonestar go 'something'.

Yes, that's it, go CRAZY!

The preceeding pictures mostly did not include me, because I was taking these with my camera; and are sort of poor quality because my camera is a 2 MP Kodak which is old old. Ace's camera, a 6MP Sony job should be a vast improvement, and you should notice it when he gets around to uploading his pictures; or Lonestar with his for that matter.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Because I'm bored, some more pictures:

"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Man, Ace would not stop whining about the heat. I thought it was nothing, and I was the biggest guy there!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lonestar wrote:Man, Ace would not stop whining about the heat. I thought it was nothing, and I was the biggest guy there!
The heat by the time we were at the Natural History Museum in the end was kicking me in the nuts. The walk to the WWII monument and back took a lot out of me. We really needed a sit-down inside the Nat. History museum to rest and cool off.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Some southerner you are! I knew you were not a true son of the South!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lonestar wrote:Some southerner you are! I knew you were not a true son of the South!
We call it.....air conditioning, Lonestar. :wink:

And in other words, Ace just learned today why we have evil, energy inefficient air conditioners in every house and car in the united states....because it's freaking hot here, and we don't like to sweat.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lonestar wrote:Some southerner you are! I knew you were not a true son of the South!
Mr "I'm wearing a white tee shirt" Lonestar. I shouldn't have picked a dark color.

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Cool pics! I'll have to stop by D.C. to pee on the white house lawn again...
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I, uh, can't stop myself... Hahahahahahaha!! Ace Pace crosses his legs like a lady :lol: :P
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Mrs Kendall wrote:I, uh, can't stop myself... Hahahahahahaha!! Ace Pace crosses his legs like a lady :lol: :P
I noticed that myself :D

Awesome, guys. I was in the same places on Memorial Day.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

It's pretty hilarious seeing AcePace as POTUS with a Soviet t-shirt on.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Lord Zentei wrote:It's pretty hilarious seeing AcePace as POTUS with a Soviet t-shirt on.
That was the main reason I went up and took the picture.

Kendall, JD, stuff it, it's comfortable and actully my preferred sitting is with legs crossed like those martial art practicers, but thats not fit for public seats.

:P

In sumup, today was fun, did alot that was seriously interesting, I won't be uploading pics right now, hopefully I can do a seriously huge batch upload once I get home, and just post the interesting out of those,
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I forgot to mention his amazment at the North American institution of "Free refills" for fountain drinks.

"This coke is dodgy."

"So pour it out and get another."

"....

You can do that?"

:P
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

You look drunk, Matt.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Were you drinking a bottle of Coke through a straw, Ace?
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

YES! :D

Stars > anything except when drinking water.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

91F hot? Bah, I tell you! Bah! T'was 111F around the Badlands in South Dakota. :D

And I'm not an Easterner so I don't really understand those humidity ratings, but most of the time I was going up and down the east coast the humidity rating was 80%. :?

Either way, all of that adds up to, Bah! :)

Now, that meet looks like it was some good fun. :) Is Ace Pace from Israel? I guess that explains the coke refill thing. although some places during my trip they didn't let you refill, apparently.
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Yes, I am from Israel. :D I've been doing a little version of your trip, pointed as SDNers I've had serious contact with.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I'm not gonna shut it, you look hilarious buddy :P :lol:
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

An ISRAELI was whining about the heat in America?!

I disavow any knowledge of this guy, people. He's no Jewlander.

Oh yeah - Shep, you do exist! I hadn't been quite sure without photographic evidence..... :P

*tin-foil ponders meaning of Shep only being in one picture*

CONSPIRACY!
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Faqa wrote:An ISRAELI was whining about the heat in America?!

I disavow any knowledge of this guy, people. He's no Jewlander.
Yeah, but what kind of humidity do you guys have in Israel? My friends who've been to the East Coast tell me that it's a viciously humid place.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Depends. I suppose Jerusalem, naturally elevated, would typically be lower than average on humidity. But Central Israel IS humid, dammit!
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Yes, central israel is humid, there's a reason I go there only to jump into an ACed spot, Jerusalem by itself is pretty dry.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

*gleefully ponders Ace in non-breathing IDF uniform in base within Central Israel*

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Great, make my thoughts of the army even worse.

Anyway, apprently there is another meetup today.