Anime corrupts Powerpuff Girls!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Anime corrupts Powerpuff Girls!

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The Evil, it Burns
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

The improvement in animation quality is stunning.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

The anime Powerpuff girls are pretty old news by now.

Though I have to say, those were unnecessarily long transformation sequences. And knowing anime, it probably has them in every single episode.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Oh dude, does that mean they've started fansubbing? Awesome... :mrgreen:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

To get a sense of what an actual "Epasode" is like, I recomend the following.
Ep1
Ep2
Ep3

EDIT: Having watched some of it, It's not bad, though I really miss the more 'Rocking' Music from the original American version.
EDIT EDIT: epAsode, epIsode, yeesh, not all of us are good with spelling... I am trying.
Last edited by Crossroads Inc. on 2006-07-18 01:30am, edited 1 time in total.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

EPISODE, damn you!!

Jesus...

Plus, those aren't the first three episodes, but the first divided into three parts.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Okay, I have to admit, this is pretty insane. Then again, I don't watch the original much.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Personally, I am very eager to watch this and see what it's like.
Civil War Man wrote:The anime Powerpuff girls are pretty old news by now.

Though I have to say, those were unnecessarily long transformation sequences. And knowing anime, it probably has them in every single episode.
30 seconds per character is actually pretty average for mahou shoujo transformations.

Notice that at 1:33 in the 2:16 clip the clock in the corner jumps from 7:17-7:19 back to to 7:04, indicating that it's two clips put together.

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I don't know why, but I thought it would be a lot more like an American show, just animated authentically (as in, in Japan and aired there first.) This is really standard anime writing, though. Where did I get my stupid first supposition? (rhetorical)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I have no idea, because I pretty much knew that's exactly what would happen.

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Everything Japan touches turns into the exact same thing. You should see their live-action movies.

I'd have to admit the animation seemed good in a technical sense, but beyond that it's pretty unspirited and smells like committee & cliche.
Last edited by Utsanomiko on 2006-07-18 01:50am, edited 1 time in total.
By His Word...
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

It would have been interesting if it WHERE basically the American show re-animated as an Anime version. Mainly because I will say those original shows on CN where Ace.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hey now, there's some really good anime and manga out there with really awesome and original premisis.

This just isn't looking like one of them.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:It would have been interesting if it WHERE basically the American show re-animated as an Anime version. Mainly because I will say those original shows on CN where Ace.
They essentially already did exactly what you just described; it was called 'Powerpuff Girls dubbed in Japanese.'

Oh, and 'WERE' is the word, Fluke. :P
By His Word...
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:EDIT EDIT: epAsode, epIsode, yeesh, not all of us are good with spelling... I am trying.
Do you have MS Word or something better? Copy and paste your forum posts into the word processor, run a spellcheck, then put it back in the post box. It's no substitute for actual English skills, but it might just spare the rest of us an aneurism.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

In 8th grade I scored 2nd Year College on The Iowa Basics Tests for Word comprehension and verbal skills, and then scored 6th grade for spelling skills. I don't think my spelling ever really improved.

<_<
>_>

I'll do better.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Watching 10 seconds of that clip made me feel like I commited a crime.
:D
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Wow. That was hilariously awful.

I especially 'liked' how each girl had practically the same transformation sequence, just in different colours. "Look at my left arm in astonishment, look at my right arm in astonishment, wave my hands over my crotch..."
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Well, that was shit! Total waste of life.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

The mere thought alone of all the doujinshi that I predict coming out of this frightens me. :?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

You know, if there was ONE question I would want an answer to, it's WHY do the Powerpuff Girls NEED Transformation sequences?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:You know, if there was ONE question I would want an answer to, it's WHY do the Powerpuff Girls NEED Transformation sequences?
Uts answered it succinctly.
Utsanomiko wrote:Everything Japan touches turns into the exact same thing. You should see their live-action movies.

I'd have to admit the animation seemed good in a technical sense, but beyond that it's pretty unspirited and smells like committee & cliche.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
lance
Jedi Master

Post by lance »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:You know, if there was ONE question I would want an answer to, it's WHY do the Powerpuff Girls NEED Transformation sequences?
I think it is a way of reusing animation
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

General Zod wrote:The mere thought alone of all the doujinshi that I predict coming out of this frightens me. :?
It might not be as bad as the Powerpuff Girls doujinshi that exists now.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

so pick...

has anyone ever done a bishi transformation sequence?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin