Anime corrupts Powerpuff Girls!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Oh, let's see. Daisuke of DNAngel counts; Mamoru Chiba from Sailor Moon, of course; and to some degree Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho if you include his white-haired form. Don't quote me on the last one, though, it's been one hell of a long time since I've seen any of it.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
General Deathdealer
Padawan Learner
Location: In a Thunderhawk enroute to the Blood Angels Battle Barge

Post by General Deathdealer »

Who the hell came up with the idea of screwing around with the Power Puff Girls? And what numbnuts decided to give them a 2 minute power up scene?
"Don't fuck with The Mess. Unless you've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt, shut your cakehole." - Me
"By the Blood of Sanguinius" - Blood Angels Battlecry
"The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines." - Anonymous
"This can't be good" - Sherriff Jack Carter
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

General Deathdealer wrote:Who the hell came up with the idea of screwing around with the Power Puff Girls?
Cartoon Network and TV Tokyo.
General Deathdealer wrote:And what numbnuts decided to give them a 2 minute power up scene?
It's actually only thirty seconds per character, which is fairly normal for magical girl transformation scenes, so it's only a minute and a half, with something else tacked onto the end of the clip.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

By the third episode they cut the transformation down to about 15 seconds for all 3 combined.
All in all I am having a mixed reaction to this, while aggravatingly cute, and occationally annoying (mojo-jojo saying jojo every fucking second) they actually give the characters some development, personalities that aren't completely hollow cliches and they are actually shown figuring out their powers, instead of simply having perfect understanding.
It's not that bad if you are willing to overlook all the bad magic girl effects, and hopefully they go in the right direction and cut it down.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

You're right --no show should be based on the first episode alone, especially anime. This one deserves a little more time before judgement.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I'm going to personally reserve final judgement until after the seventh episode, which is my typical method for shows unless they're particularly displeasing (Noir, I'm looking in your direction...)

By the way, the series has 52 episodes planned in total.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

It would have been nice if they had kept Mojo-Jojo just brainy instead of giving him super powers. I always liked him because he never HAD powers, just brains to try and outsmart the girls.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Well I never liked the original, so I really don't give a shit what some whiny brat thinks. :P

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

*Pulls out frying pan* "let's see if we can impart a sense of humour, or just concussion and brain damage...."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Man, go talk to yourself in some other thread. :P

GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Re: Anime corrupts Powerpuff Girls!

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:The Evil, it Burns
God . . . there is no God! That was wrong on so many levels, at least half of them having to do with the inner pedophile in the animators screaming for release.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

What the hell?

Man, shut up.

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:What the hell?

Man, shut up.
Oh, but stupid pedophile jokes about Asian people never stop being funny! Not since they were new, back in the dawn of time.

This show, like the original, is designed for girls to watch and enjoy. It's an intended girl's TV program and conforms with, from everything I can see, what the average girl of that age likes.

If we're going to be critical of everything that any sick person can and will wank off to, there would be no such thing as TV.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

now what's next some idiot here going to complain about "Dora" or "Kim Possible" my neice loves them and The PPGs.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:now what's next some idiot here going to complain about "Dora" or "Kim Possible" my neice loves them and The PPGs.
They will if this ever ends up on Kim Possible

That said, the Powerpuff Girls anime is pretty tame. Especially considering that I've seen an episode of an anime about a female mech pilot who turned into a perverted male at night time. Oh, and the mech she piloted was an obvious jailbait princess (who is in love with both male and female versions of the pilot) who turned into the mech via a transformation sequence involving tenatacles. And they are followed by two mercenaries (one male, one female) who both hate the male version of the pilot but are in love with the female version. There were other characters in the credits, including what appeared to be a pixie and a dirty old man, but I never made it far enough to find out. But I'm guessing they are both in love with the pilot, too.

It was rather impressively horrible. Too stupid to even spoof. And it was probably about as close you could get to hentai without it blazing over that line.

...oh, by the way, in case you thought they forgot a certain fetish in that list of characters, the princess/mech also constantly referred to the pilot with sibling-like formality. At one point she said (I am dead serious here) "Nobody can sleep with big sister/brother but me!"
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Wow. That almost sounds as bad as Agent Aika.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Darth Raptor wrote:Wow. That almost sounds as bad as Agent Aika.
It was pretty bad. Ended up purging the name from my mind afterwards. All I remember is that it was a single English word, starting with a P or an R, IIRC.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I'd see if I can look it up over at ANN's encyclopedia, but I realised that it would simply be a massive waste of time with absolutely no feeling of payoff...

Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

what the fuck...I'd rather watch A pup named scooby-doo* than this shit

*knows the dolphin hates this show but still i refer to it
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Is that simply a jerk reaction or have you watched any of it yet?

Either way, it doesn't matter, since it's been demonstrated that you are the only person who can't see that A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is mindless and derivative garbage..

4Tran
Redshirt

Post by 4Tran »

Civil War Man wrote:It was pretty bad. Ended up purging the name from my mind afterwards. All I remember is that it was a single English word, starting with a P or an R, IIRC.
The name you're looking for (trying to forget?) is Maze.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

4Tran wrote:
Civil War Man wrote:It was pretty bad. Ended up purging the name from my mind afterwards. All I remember is that it was a single English word, starting with a P or an R, IIRC.
The name you're looking for (trying to forget?) is Maze.
I think you mean the OVA rather than the TV series, considering the TV series is for teens while the OVA is for mature audiences.

Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Yeah. That's what I was thinking of. Now I'm going to have to forget the whole thing all over again. I even progressed to the point where I thought it started with the wrong letter.

Seriously, the only fun thing about that show was the end credits, which was almost like a bad acid trip. I mean, it had the villains doing some kind of dance that looked like a takeoff of Walking like an Egyptian.
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

Is that simply a jerk reaction or have you watched any of it yet?

Either way, it doesn't matter, since it's been demonstrated that you are the only person who can't see that A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is mindless and derivative garbage..
no its not that it just i don't give a shit that it is, just like people who don't give a shit that some talk shows like the Maury Show is nothing but an explotative and very immoral show. Like for example the baby's daddy thing and the phobias :P

And i forgot you hate everything :P
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

If you didn't give a shit, then you wouldn't have expressed your disgust for the show so vehemently. So ha. :P

Plus, I don't hate everything; Stark does. I'm simply picky, and possess sense and taste. Image