Star Wars Junkyard Wars

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Read Premise then answer. Which team would win? Remember this is based on technical abilities

Poll ended at 2002-08-20 05:36pm

Team 1: Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Watto, Jango Fett
35%
Team 2: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett
49%
Team 3: Admirial Piett, General Veers, Captain Needa, Grand Admirial Thrawn
6%
Team 4: Data, Reginald Barclay, Georti La Forge, Commander Riker
2%
Team 5: Scotty, Kirk, Spock, Sulu
8%
Team 6: Janeway, Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, Ensign Kim
No votes
Team 7: Captain Archer, Charles Tucker, Travis Mayweather, T'Pol
No votes
Tie
No votes
No one finishs
No votes

Total votes: 49

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Star Wars Junkyard Wars

Post by Isolder74 »

Here is a proposal

If anyone is not familiar with Junkyard Wars from TLC the premise is you turn teams loose in a junkyard with a project and the best built thing wins.

My premise

We let loose in a Watto's junkyard several teams and lets discuss how they will do.

First the Teams

Team 1

Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Watto, Jango Fett

Team 2

Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett

Team 3

Admirial Piett, General Veers, Captain Needa, Grand Admirial Thrawn

Team 4

Data, Reginald Barclay, Georti La Forge, Commander Riker

Team 5

Scotty, Kirk, Spock, Sulu

Team 6

Janeway, Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, Ensign Kim

Team 7

Captain Archer, Charles Tucker, Travis Mayweather, T'Pol

The Project

Build a vehicle for a three leg race. The Vehicle must be built with whatever is in the Junkyard. The vehicle can only require 1 hour to switch between the various enviorments.
First leg: Race across the Dune Sea on Tattooine. Fastest Time Wins.
Second Leg: Relay on Degobah. Get to Yada's House and Back with a Flag relay marker. Fastest time wins.
Third Leg: Race across between two islands on Mon Calamari. Race from starting Island to two other Islands and back.

For each leg the points are:
5 For first place
3 For second place
2 For third place
1 for finishing
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Oops better rebalance it otherwise its going to be the team with the Fastest Jedi who justs graps a sheet of metal and flys it Magic Carpet style for an easy win :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

That or Thrawn orders them all killed

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

yes, force powers are out
so no levitation, ect, ect, ect, ect
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

after reading your post Mr Bean I just couldn't stop laughing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *Dies Laughing*
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

With the use of Chewie's expertise in mechanics...Han's string of luck *in this case....for finding parts* Boba Fett's meticulous scanners for finding parts in the mists of nowhere....and Luke's ability to track other life forms that may be close to a needed part and then quickly disposes of them......otherwise if force powers is not used....Luke can help out as a pilot? lolz Luke's useless.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Team two would win. With Chewie, Han, and Luke, how can they not be the most technically talented group there?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Soontir C'boath wrote:With the use of Chewie's expertise in mechanics...Han's string of luck *in this case....for finding parts* Boba Fett's meticulous scanners for finding parts in the mists of nowhere....and Luke's ability to track other life forms that may be close to a needed part and then quickly disposes of them......otherwise if force powers is not used....Luke can help out as a pilot? lolz Luke's useless.

Cyaround,
Jason
Luke is not useless because he was a moisture farmer and was constaintally tinkering with his various vehicles. also as a moisture farmer he was force to mack do with substandard or salvaged parts
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Boba Fett is not useless, either. If anything, he is more gifted than his "Dad" because he had to patch together both old and new technology and figure out how to keep Slave-1 running. According to ICS, he improved several functions on the Slave-1, and even moved a shield generator to better accomodate these modifications.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

no votes for anyone from star trek yet
*Sniff* :cry:
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

BTW there is Some Star Trek Stuff in the junkyard just to be fair
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Isolder74 wrote:BTW there is Some Star Trek Stuff in the junkyard just to be fair
There's also a pod from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

Team 1 Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Watto, Jango Fett
Improvisers & scavengers, Obi is along for moral support and Jango to kill anyone caught looking at intresting parts while Ani does the real work and Watto calculates the odds...

Team 2 Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett
Good tinkrerers & scavengers but with some team communication problems(howls & growls), untested as designers.

Team 3 Admirial Piett, General Veers, Captain Needa, Grand Admirial Thrawn
Tp many admirals, to few stormtroopers.

Team 4 Data, Reginald Barclay, Georti La Forge, Commander Riker
Seriously shouldn't this bunch be moved to the minors?

Team 5 Scotty, Kirk, Spock, Sulu
Spock to come up with a plan, Kirk to lie steal & cheat for the parts, Scotty to put it together and Kamikaze trainee Sulu to fly it - well balanced team.

Team 6 Janeway, Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, Ensign Kim
Janeway have a talent for not taking the fastest way to her target and there are cooperation problems between the engineers, Kim as a pilot? - Watto makes a note and smiles.

Team 7 Captain Archer, Charles Tucker, Travis Mayweather, T'Pol
Who are these people?
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

CJvR wrote:Team 1 Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Watto, Jango Fett
Improvisers & scavengers, Obi is along for moral support and Jango to kill anyone caught looking at intresting parts while Ani does the real work and Watto calculates the odds...[\quote]

agreed

Team 2 Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett
Good tinkrerers & scavengers but with some team communication problems(howls & growls), untested as designers.[\quote]

agreed

Team 3 Admirial Piett, General Veers, Captain Needa, Grand Admirial Thrawn
Tp many admirals, to few stormtroopers.

I think they may actually be quite competitve

Team 4 Data, Reginald Barclay, Georti La Forge, Commander Riker
Seriously shouldn't this bunch be moved to the minors?

Whatever they'd come up with, it'd explode immediately

Team 5 Scotty, Kirk, Spock, Sulu
Spock to come up with a plan, Kirk to lie steal & cheat for the parts, Scotty to put it together and Kamikaze trainee Sulu to fly it - well balanced team.

The only serious competition from the ST side

Team 6 Janeway, Seven of Nine, B'Elanna Torres, Ensign Kim
Janeway have a talent for not taking the fastest way to her target and there are cooperation problems between the engineers, Kim as a pilot? - Watto makes a note and smiles.

See notes on the TNG team

Team 7 Captain Archer, Charles Tucker, Travis Mayweather, T'Pol
Who are these people?
see above
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Vapthorne
Youngling

Post by Vapthorne »

Definately Han, Luke, Chewie, and Boba. A sure bet, this team has the most expertise on making junk work.

Those, my two cents, the only hurdle with this team (as well as team one) is the team chemistry. In the trilogy, Boba Fett doesn't really get along with other three, and unless they can suddenly decide to work together and put their differences aside then their main problem will be internal conflicts with the group. Personally, I think Bobo Fett should had subsituted with R2-D2, then it would be hands down, but that's just me.

The TOS would be runner-up as they've shown more common sense that the other Federation teams, and none of that exploding consules or jefferies tubes. Wily E. Coyote has a better grasp of engineering that the combined cast of Voyager and Enterprise.

The prequal team: not sure. The team chemistry is a problem (even between Obi-wan and Anakin with their bickering in episode two, and with the exception of Anakin and Watto, there is not a strong mechanical hand. Though, Watto and Anakin would also provide a homefield advantage.

The Imperial Admiracy, they have strong tactical minds and the best team cohersion but not much talks about their mechanical abilities.
"Your superior intelligect is no match for our primitive weapons!" -Kaang

"So tiny, you can't tell it's a deus ex machina!" -The Particles of Star Trek
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Actually, I think that TNG team is the second best (after Chewie, Han, Luke, and Boba). After all, their three engineers (I'm counting Data as an engineer because he's good at everything) give them as many technicians as any other team, and Data is astonishingly good, strong, and quick. He might be able to carry the team by himself, but LaForge and Reg. aren't terrible, either.

Moonstone Spider
Youngling

Post by Moonstone Spider »

Watto steals La Forge's Visor and Barclay sees a snake in Watto's junk and develops a phobic fear of junk.

Or B'ella finds a spare warp coil and uses it to create an anti-nadion cascade reaction that makes the visor shut down.

Team TOS has technical skills alright, how many times did Scotty make junk work? Kirk even made gunpowder and a cannon in a few minutes in one episode to blow up a hostile alien with an astonishing similarity to Bossk. Their car won't have flashing LEDs and smooth lines like Team TNG's ship but it will fly across the entire Galaxy in a single movie and fire makeshift weaponry.

The biggest disadvantage in this is simply that the Wars team has a better base of tech to work on, it's pretty clear to anybody that in most ways SW tech is more advanced than Wars tech. They have better parts to work from. Imagine if you will a turn-of-the-century engineer in a junkyard, and a caveman stonesmith in a junkyard. To make things fair, you toss some rocks and sticks in the junkyard that the Caveman can recognize and order both of them to make tools. The Engineer is going to make way more advanced stuff simply because he's got a better knowledge base to start with a better tech to use as building blocks.
Webcomic Junkie.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

CJvR wrote:Team 7 Captain Archer, Charles Tucker, Travis Mayweather, T'Pol
Who are these people?
the cast of Enterprise
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

BTW every team has its strengths and Liabilities

Team 1

They may no0t get along well

Team 2

Chewie's language gap though Han understands him

Team 3

the Whole who's in charge thing

Team 4

Reganald Barclay, nuf said

Team 5

Sulu is really just a pilot

Team 6

the three engineers don't get along

Team 7

All are Total morons
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

Er, people, you seem to be missing the facts that Anakin built his pod racer and C-3P0 out of scrounged parts, in his spare time. Building this racer will be a piece of cake for him.

With him to assemble and pilot, and Jango to shoot anyone trying to make off with a choice piece of equipment, Watto and Obi-Wan aren't even needed (although a "You don't need that power coupling." "There is no outcrop there." would be useful). Hell, if Jango's suit could pressurize, he would be able to fly an unpressurized sled in the final leg of the race.
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Shadowhawk wrote:Er, people, you seem to be missing the facts that Anakin built his pod racer and C-3P0 out of scrounged parts, in his spare time. Building this racer will be a piece of cake for him.

With him to assemble and pilot, and Jango to shoot anyone trying to make off with a choice piece of equipment, Watto and Obi-Wan aren't even needed (although a "You don't need that power coupling." "There is no outcrop there." would be useful). Hell, if Jango's suit could pressurize, he would be able to fly an unpressurized sled in the final leg of the race.
Yes team one does stand a good chance
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Shadowhawk wrote:(although a "You don't need that power coupling." "There is no outcrop there." would be useful). Hell, if Jango's suit could pressurize, he would be able to fly an unpressurized sled in the final leg of the race.
Not on Team 2 since they also have a Jedi, or any group that contains Thrawn
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Vapthorne wrote:Those, my two cents, the only hurdle with this team (as well as team one) is the team chemistry. In the trilogy, Boba Fett doesn't really get along with other three, and unless they can suddenly decide to work together and put their differences aside then their main problem will be internal conflicts with the group. Personally, I think Bobo Fett should had subsituted with R2-D2, then it would be hands down, but that's just me.
What give Team 2 R2-D2! That would be totally unfair! Team 2 has to have some liability
Smalleyjedi
Youngling

Post by Smalleyjedi »

Hmmm, a close race between teams one and two, but Han and chewie can alone beat them too. Boba shoots people, Luke tinkers with minor stuff. Anikin maybe be better than han OR chewie, but not both together, and the others on his team wouldn't be GREAT help. Next comes one of the trek ones....dont know enought to tell.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

we have 1 vote for the Imperials but no one has explained why