Upcoming Fanfic from Master of Ossus

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Upcoming Fanfic from Master of Ossus

Post by Master of Ossus »

Okay, guys, after I'm done taking DarkStar to school, I'm going to be writing a fanfic that is a parody of "The Lord of the Rings," and will tell a distorted story of our fair board and what has happened since Mike set it up. Some of you have already been contacted by me, asking that you sign on for different roles. Some of you will be contacted in the next few days with requests to use your screen-names to play certain characters. Most of the major roles are filled, but I will be taking suggestions to play the Hobbits. The Hobbits can be played by someone of any affiliation in the vs. debates, and do not even have to be played by debaters. I also need some others to play the men of Gondor (men of Rohan and Minas Tirith). For those roles, Trekkies are preferred, but anyone will be accepted. Many of the important Trekkie positions have already been filled, also, and my one important B5er position has been sent out.

No applications will be accepted for the forces of Sauron, Saruman, and company. Those have already been carefully groomed, and I think you guys will like who some of the enemies are.

If anyone would like to be in the fanfic, please understand that there are a limited number of characters available. I will try to fit in as many people as possible, and applications will be judged in terms of how closely your personality matches that of the character that you wish to play in the movies. Please do not feel bad if you are given a position you don't initially want, or are even left out completely. Congratulations for all those who make it in.

I'm so pissed off about some of the things Anderson has been writing on his site, that I don't even really care if anyone likes this or not. The simple fact of the matter is that I need to write some of this down just to laugh about it. I hope to see many of you in the fanfic. Good luck to everyone.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

If it's OK with you, I'd like to be Merry, the middle-of-the-road kind of guy. Failing that, I'd accept any part as a knight. :)
JADAFETWA
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

I'd just like to add MoO, that I personally CANNOT wait to see the first chapter of this fic!!
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I just want to see the fic, the description alone has me drooling. Even a minor cameo is an honor, AFAIC, and either way I'll read every word...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I just hope to be in it.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Dalton wrote:I just hope to be in it.
So do I.

Hopefully we'll see something of this very soon.
Supermod
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Horsemen = Riders of Rohan?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

I just want to read it.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

can i be a hobbit please? i'm lazy, slightly overweight, like eating and don't like being away from home that much.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

I have never read a Tolkien fanfic in my life, but I guess this would be a good story to start with once you'll get it finished. It would be great to get a cameo apperance in your parody, though on this board I haven't developed myself very colourful personality, so I don't know if I have anything to "offer" to your story.

However, if I make it into the story, it would be nice to be an Elf (after all, much of their language and history was based on the Finnish epic Kalevala and our language), though a Hobbit role would be great as well. Hell, I'd be happy with anything. :wink:

Good luck to you with the story and Dorkstar business.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I would like the part of the Hobbit Sam, since he reminds me a little of myself.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

I want to see DarkStar blasted more.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Hey, can I play the character who is cybernetically enhanced, has personal shielding, capable of adapting to attacks and...oh wait, that won't work. :D
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Robert Walper wrote:Hey, can I play the character who is cybernetically enhanced, has personal shielding, capable of adapting to attacks and...oh wait, that won't work. :D
Why shouldn't it? Try to adapt your personal shielding to arrows and swords :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Supermod
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Myself as whatever character you see fit. Personally, I would like to be an Elf or a Rider, but hey, like I said, whatever you see fit.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Can I be Wormtongue?
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Darth Servo wrote:I want to see DarkStar blasted more.
Don't worry, you will. :)
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Andrew J. wrote:Can I be Wormtongue?
No. I have plans for all of the enemies in the book/movie. The Wormtongue position is already filled by someone else, who I think you guys will find funny. You may ask for another role, if you wish.

Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Re: Upcoming Fanfic from Master of Ossus

Post by Pcm979 »

Master of Ossus wrote:If anyone would like to be in the fanfic, please understand that there are a limited number of characters available. I will try to fit in as many people as possible, and applications will be judged in terms of how closely your personality matches that of the character that you wish to play in the movies. Please do not feel bad if you are given a position you don't initially want, or are even left out completely. Congratulations for all those who make it in.
Damn me for picking such an absract username! :evil:
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I can't wait to read it, MoO--it sounds like it's going to be absolutely fabulous!! :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Master of Ossus wrote:
No. I have plans for all of the enemies in the book/movie. The Wormtongue position is already filled by someone else, who I think you guys will find funny. You may ask for another role, if you wish.
Maybe you should post a list of roles that haven't been taken yet. If there's nothing good, I'll just be a throwaway who dies for no reason.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Master of Ossus wrote:
I guess all roles were already planned? If not....
I want a role!
Supermod
Subnormal
Padawan Learner
Location: Third Orbital of the Sol System, North American Continent, USA, Pennsylvania,

Post by Subnormal »

I wonder if that Annoying ass Bombadil has a role in this. If not I am willing to be the annonying bastard. If not make me a stupid comedic side kick who is killed, or an annoying enemy who dies a pathetic death. My last name is Yocum. Use that somewhere in it, lol. Anyway, start slapping the keys my highly intelligent idiot-smashing master, for us all can only dream of such a great work coming from you.
The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.
--Albert Einstein
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
--George Carlin
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

May I be someone in the background at least? :D

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Subnormal wrote:I wonder if that Annoying ass Bombadil has a role in this. If not I am willing to be the annonying bastard. If not make me a stupid comedic side kick who is killed, or an annoying enemy who dies a pathetic death. My last name is Yocum. Use that somewhere in it, lol. Anyway, start slapping the keys my highly intelligent idiot-smashing master, for us all can only dream of such a great work coming from you.
Bombadil will not be appearing. I will be parodying the movies, and not the books, as the books would take far too much time to maintain anything remotely interesting throughout.

The following roles need filling:

The Hobbits. One of them will be 2000AD. The only other one that is filled is Bilbo.

The people of Gondor and Rohan, though they will not be coming up until the second "book."

Any characters added by "Return of the King" that are not in the book or the second movie.