After Conquest...

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Zor
Sith Acolyte

After Conquest...

Post by Zor »

Excuse me if this has been done or if it should go to Fanfics, i just thought this would be a good idea for a thread.

Since i am positive everyone here has read Mike's Conquest Fanfic (which is in praise worthy for quality over a spectrum of areas, but i will leave it at that) i was wondering, what would the Star Trek Universe be like after the events of Conquest unfolded? We have a large Imperial force in the area, complete with millions of soldiers and a hell of alot of equipment, the Borg Collective is either dead or near death. The Romulan Empire is gone and the Federation has been dissasembled. As well, the Wormhole is sealing itself. Simply put, what does the future hold for the Star Trek Galaxy?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to fanfics we go....since the whole thing is about said fanfic and the consequences of thereof.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Re: After Conquest...

Post by FedRebel »

Zor wrote: Since i am positive everyone here has read Mike's Conquest Fanfic (which is in praise worthy for quality over a spectrum of areas, but i will leave it at that) i was wondering, what would the Star Trek Universe be like after the events of Conquest unfolded?
As Kanos said he'd withdraw occupation forces from Federation territory, and Federation survivors would reconstitute the former government

Various alien ships which retreated from the battle will gang up and harass Federation space
We have a large Imperial force in the area, complete with millions of soldiers and a hell of alot of equipment, the Borg Collective is either dead or near death.
Undoubtedly Kanos would seat his Imperial Government in the DQ, filling in the gap left by the Borg's extinction, and consolidating the mostly untouched minor races in the Quadrant.

The Romulan Empire is gone and the Federation has been dissasembled.
The AQ quite simply would be the Sci/Fi equivilent of Iraq, with the Federation frontier like much of the quadrant being victimized by terrorist attacks, raids, and piracy.

Kanos' Empire would maintain as much order as possible, but it is under preasure from the new Federation government to completely withdraw from the entire quadrant. With Federation independence other worlds will most certainly rebel against Imperial rule in a big way, while also wanting to destroy the Federation for their treachery. Add in the blow to imperial morale from losing any chance of returning to their families and homes

Simply put, what does the future hold for the Star Trek Galaxy?
Kano's Empire controls much of the Delta and Gama Quadrants

The Federation rebuilds a fleet with basic Imperial technology and is busy consolidating control over the Federation frontier where frieghters are under constant attack and other races have entrenched themselves on former colony worlds, in addition the Federation is supporting the efforts of the remnants of the Romulan unification movement, who are attempting to free Romulan space from Imperial rule and reunite with Vulcan.

The other races have formed a confederate gocvernment deep in the Beta Quadrant, this last refuge is where they're atempting to construct new ships to fight the Imperial occupiers and Federation traitors with stolen Rebel and Imperial technology
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Why wouldn't Kanos (eventually) move his government to Earth, and simply take over the human-dominated planets and colonies? It's not as though he has a substantial population base after all - only the crews of his ships and whatever technicians and civilians made it through the wormhole.

Why would the Empire share its technology with the Federation? If they do, it would undoubtedly be stolen by rivals, and pretty soon the entire galaxy would have basic Imperial technology. Not a good idea, in my opinion.
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
MonCapitan2002
Redshirt

Post by MonCapitan2002 »

It is my guess that Kanos would make the Alpha Quadrant the seat of his new empire. Even though his forces are diminished, they are still a force to be reckoned with. Considering the scale of their weapons far outmatch all the other powers, I don't see him being stopped anytime soon.

My guess is that he would attempt integration with the humans of the Federation. Both groups are members of the same species. He has already experimented with seeing if Federation ships can use hyperdrive.

There is another thing to bear in mind. By trying to protect the civilians fleeing the Death Star, the Federation pretty much tied its fate to the Empire. If in the highly unlikely event, Kanos was defeated, the Federation would be fucked. The other forces in the galaxy would not rest until the Federation paid for its "betrayal" with its blood.

I hope Q's prediction turns out right and humans do end up dominating the galaxy. It's better than being annihilated (or worse, enslaved).
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Emperor Anakin Solo wants the entire ST Galaxy, if Kanos doesn't do it, then he will find someone who will. One way or another the Empire would continue its march, though if Kanos were left in charge it will probably be less harsh, especiall for the nonhuman species.

EDIT: (REsponse to below post)

Well, if it is to be assumed that the galaxies are permanently cut off, then I have no idea :D
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on 2006-08-18 07:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

But the wormhole was a freak accident, and it collapsed in such a way that it wound up wreking the large Federation group on Coruscant like 100,000 years before the republic. No way Emperor Solo can pop it back open again, not that I can see.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
MonCapitan2002
Redshirt

Post by MonCapitan2002 »

There is another thing I should have mentioned. It is my guess that repairing the Death Star would be high on Kanos's list of priorities. It proved to be a terribly effective weapon. He would be insane not to repair it.

The only problem with repairing the Death Star is the scale of the vessel. It is 900 kilometers in diameter and the infrastructure to service it (let alone reconstruct it) simply does not exist in the Milky Way. Now I assume that the Death Star had a crew in the hundreds of millions (possibly billions) so there should be engineers, architects, and other professionals with the skills to recreate such an infrastructure.

The only question in my mind is if the Milky Way has the materials necessary to build that infrastructure. Since the fanfic posits that the laws of physics are the same in both universes my guess is that the materials should be available. Assuming they can work well with what is left of the Federation, it should not be too difficult to get the people and equipment to procure the necessary materials.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well, they don't need to fully repair it. Just make sure the superlaser's operational.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Well, they don't need to fully repair it. Just make sure the superlaser's operational.
A superlaser that can't be moved anywhere is as good as no superlaser at all. My guess is that the minimum repair list would include propulsion and shields on the highest level of priority as well.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

DW should come in here and offer his input. Would be interesting.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster