See Crank

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

See Crank

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I saw it yesterday and despite it pissing it down and soaking me just to get to the damn train, I still felt it had been well worth it. This, more than anything, shows Statham up as being the de facto Hollywood action star now. It is also the most hilarious shit I've seen this summer, more so than Severance.

If you can't enjoy 87 minutes of pure action and crazy antics, then you have no soul.
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

But the trailer makes it looks so terrible!!

"*in heavy london accent*My name is Chev Chellios and this is the last day of my life"

Why employ an actor from London if your character is going to have a name like that???
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

No, the trailer was the reason I bothered to go and see it. I was unaware that you had to have an English name if you were from England.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

This is the movie that's basically The Transporter 2 minus cars, right?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I swore I saw a poster for Transporter 3. Which said that the Transporter guy had like a few hours to live only.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:This is the movie that's basically The Transporter 2 minus cars, right?
No, it's entirely different in that it doesn't suck.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

It was fucking awesome, I loved it. Best time I've had at the movies this summer - and that includes Snakes on a Plane. Nonstop action and often, gutbusting hilarity. I was in the theatre with a small crowd but we were all totally into the movie. Also, Mr. Wu from Deadwood was in it. If you're not looking for high art and you want to see a great, way over-the-top action movie, you won't be disappointed.

And it's not really The Transporter 3 - the action is less Hong Kong-style, and the humor is quite a bit darker (sometimes politically incorrect, I might add).

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Yes, there are quite a few on IMDb.com that seem to question the jokes at times and language, but given this is Lionsgate Films, they always back risqué stuff that US studios won't. There was a bigger crowd at this than with Snakes and everyone was pissing themselves watching it, especially the scenes after Chelios' girlfriend is picked up.
Infidel7
Youngling

Post by Infidel7 »

Saw it and loved it! One of the most unique and trippy movies I've ever seen. Picture the Transporter meets Requiem for a Dream.

It was extremely fast paced and extremely entertaining. A must see!
You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil—you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself. –Dan Barker
slebetman
Padawan Learner

Post by slebetman »

Zac Naloen wrote: "*in heavy london accent*My name is Chev Chellios and this is the last day of my life"

Why employ an actor from London if your character is going to have a name like that???
Because there a lots of people in London who have names like that? Man, have you been to London?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:No, it's entirely different in that it doesn't suck.
Silence. Transporter 2 was awesome.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Silence. Transporter 2 was awesome.
I confess, I only saw the first and bits of the second. I loved the first one, but I'll have to catch the second to really see how good it is. Crank is different anyway, and it's also effin' hilarious.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Now that I've seen it, I'll have to add my voice to the chorus. Easily the best action movie I've seen this year, and fucking hilarious to boot. I have four words for those who haven't seen it:

See. It. Now. Dammit. :P
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Is it better than Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch?
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Executor32 wrote:Now that I've seen it, I'll have to add my voice to the chorus. Easily the best action movie I've seen this year, and fucking hilarious to boot. I have four words for those who haven't seen it:

See. It. Now. Dammit. :P
Ditto.. It rocked.. the scene in the Bar Bathroom was worth the ticket price.. 8)
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

JLTucker wrote:Is it better than Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch?
It's not the same type of movie, so the comparison is poor, but it is as entertaining.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Just saw this today. Awesome film and we were genuinly laughing, as were most of the audience.

Well worth the £4.20.
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

This was the most awesome anti-chick flick I have seen in as far as I care to remember right now.
Spoilerised for the protection of the innocent:
On the minus side, I now have the unfulfillable urge to fuck Amy Smart in the middle of Chinatown.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Very very fucked up movie. I enjoyed it that it was purely an old style revenge flick, with parts mixed in for nearly the hell of it.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

consequences wrote:This was the most awesome anti-chick flick I have seen in as far as I care to remember right now.
Spoilerised for the protection of the innocent:
On the minus side, I now have the unfulfillable urge to fuck Amy Smart in the middle of Chinatown.
Uh, they kind of allude to Stranheimwhateverhisnameis and Smart having sex in the commercials. :P

Why would having his adrenaline cut off kill him?

I wonder if there really is an equilivent to the Beijing Cocktail? I've been looking for interesting new ways of dealing with troublesome secret agents. :twisted:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Let me belatedly add to the hell yeah go see this movie chorus. It was just non-stop and ove the top which you just need sometimes. It didn't spend it time trying to get an in depth plot it just kept Statham running and blowing shit up which is just what I needed out of it. That and the interview with the school girls after the chinatown incident was hilarious.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Definately brilliant - on a par with SOAP, for sure.

The 'Al Quieda, Al Quieda!' part really made me laugh, and feel dirty at the same time :D
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

By the way, the funky ringtone that Chelios (love that name) has in the film is online somewhere. I've got it on my mobile now, though I lost the website. IMDb.com's forum for the movie should have a link if you want it.
Jason von Evil wrote:
Why would having his adrenaline cut off kill him?

I wonder if there really is an equilivent to the Beijing Cocktail? I've been looking for interesting new ways of dealing with troublesome secret agents. :twisted:
Because losing the ability to produce adrenaline means suffering from a whole host of conditions when your body cannot run a proper autonomic hormone system. Addison's disease is pretty much a loss of function in the adrenal glands and does not a healthy body make. Plus, having any antagonists in your body is typically bad with regards to enzyme function.
Last edited by Admiral Valdemar on 2006-09-20 03:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

The ringtone can be found here.
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Originally, the premise I got from the trailer reminded me of the Speed flicks, albeit for his pulse... :?
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread