Runaways Comic gets a new writer--JOSS WHEDON!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Gen13 died?
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

last I checked both of Fairchild's daughters (Fairchild and Roxy) were still around, Lynch's son was still around, Changs son was, as was sarah rainmaker. Now Lynch and Fairchild themselves had bit the big one.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

At the end of Captain Atom's latest mini series, they pressed the big restart button(literally...was fucking hilarious how they tried to go "No, it's not a shiny red button")

So literally they are restarting Wildstorm completely. Whether they keep any history is completely up to the perogative of the writer.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Jason von Evil wrote:Gen13 died?
I remember a big storyline leading up to Anna's evil "sisters" and this giant gen-active bomb that caught the entire team unawares...

The last two issues were a time-accelerated fantasy telepathically shared by the team (or at least, Fairchild thought it was) where they had the best day of their lives...

It was very sad, even with the silliness that comic got into.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Hades
Jedi Knight

Post by Hades »

I was never planning on getting this comic. I read the small thing they did on Free comic book day with it and while i didnt think it was rubbish it didnt even cross my mind to start collecting it.

This does of course change that. Iam now fully intent on getting it just because Joss is attached. Hell joss is the reason i started reading comics in the first place it was his (painfully delay-ridden) Fray book that got me hooked.
If at first you dont succeed.... destroy all evidence you ever tried
Manus Celer Dei
Jedi Master

Post by Manus Celer Dei »

#25 came out today, starting Whedon's run. Has anyone read it yet?

I liked it a lot, really. He definately seems to understand the characters, which is good. I like Astonishing X-Men but some of the x-men seemed to act a little out of character at times in that, so I was a bit worried. Turned out to be nothing :) I actually liked Xavin in this issue as well, which is a first. Usually s/he is just irritating.

I'm sort of wondering how the bejeezus they got away from Iron Man and his cronies at the end of the last issue. There's a teeny tiny bit of confusion there.

Also, The Punisher showing up at the end was a total WTF. And that big ol' angel monster thing. I never got round to reading the first Runaways series, so is that something from there, or is it entirely new?
"We will build cities in a day!"
"Man would cower at the sight!"
"We will build towers to the heavens!"
"Man was not built for such a height!"
"We will be heroes!"
"We will BUILD heroes!"
[/size][/i]
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I probably won't get there until tomorrow, but I can answer some things
Manus Celer Dei wrote:I'm sort of wondering how the bejeezus they got away from Iron Man and his cronies at the end of the last issue. There's a teeny tiny bit of confusion there.
They just did, it's sort of explained in the "Runaways Saga" issue.

And that's all I can answer.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Manus Celer Dei wrote:Also, The Punisher showing up at the end was a total WTF. And that big ol' angel monster thing. I never got round to reading the first Runaways series, so is that something from there, or is it entirely new?
It's a New guy. Never saw him before in anything else, so he may be a new villain.

I finally read it today, and I can't help but wonder if the Punisher will try and kill Molly.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran