Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

I thought unit and resource production stopped while on the ppt.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

dragon wrote:I thought unit and resource production stopped while on the ppt.
It stops when you're on vacation, not when you've bought PPT from the market.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

dragon wrote:I thought unit and resource production stopped while on the ppt.
That's what makes PPT so great. You can untrain all your spies, and anything else untrainable and just reap the benifits of income! 8)
dragon wrote:here you go came across this gem

135 billion naq and look at how many planets he has.
Oh sweet, Funkmiester is no longer in Alpha, I can farm him again. 8)
fuzzymillipede wrote:What are you talking about? It's not like you will be able to take that naq from him or anything.. He certainly knows how to take care of his stuff, when the PPT runs out that naq will not be there.
Actually he's pretty stupid to tell you the truth. I caught him with his pants down at the end of a PPT not once but twice. He's a lovely farm if you can hit him. I've gotten about 500bill off of him in total. 200bill each time he's on PPT and forgets, and about 100bill more from casual farming.
Last edited by Naquitis on 2006-07-25 02:03am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I just got attacked today
As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The fleets of Zatnikitelman invaded the planet Rotkäppchen in the realm of Fenrir_Lokison!

Zatnikitelman sent:
44 Death Glider Squadron

Fenrir_Lokison's planet Rotkäppchen resisted the aggressors with:
MASSIVE AMOUNTS of planet ground based defence facilities.

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

The forces of Zatnikitelman rush in full force, and inflict 10,024,960 damage on Fenrir_Lokison's forces!

The artillery of Fenrir_Lokison fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict devastating damage on Zatnikitelman's forces! So much damage, in fact, that while fleeing Zatnikitelman's fleets could not accurately judge the extent of the beating...
It was confirmed that The defences of the planet held up under attack!
0 defence facilities were destroyed, though, in the course of the battle.

The forces of Fenrir_Lokison devastated those of Zatnikitelman
The fleets of Zatnikitelman flee from Rotkäppchen! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated! Rotkäppchen will not be conquered...this day!
any thing I should do to someone who attacked my one planet with a mere 44 sattalite ships.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Well I got assraped over the past week because my brother didn't bother signing into my account and putting me on ppt after I had left town with work. I would have put myself on ppt if the stupid fucking rule hadn't changed. And if I had the bandwidth to do it while traveling (the only internet use I could justify was checking one email account).
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

I added up all the armies in SDN system lords and got a total of 10,641,929 units.

That is much larger than even my current army size, right now it's not known (UU being bought/shifted around), but by the end of the month I will have at least 11mil units.
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

I'm strongly considering retiring from the game at this point. My amount of free time has dropped heavily in the past three weeks, and I've been having a hard time keeping up on regular account maintenance (draining away excess UUs and naq to prevent theft, adding planetary weapons, etc.), much less active UU and naq harvesting. I'll see how next week goes; if I can't find the time to play seriously, I'll offer up my account to whoever wants it.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

I can help you with your naq intake, untrain all your untrainable miners, and broker them to me.

Then every week, broker me for the naq they would have made at 80naq/UU/turn. This should allow you to be offline for longer.

I do this on a much larger scale, I have 10 million UU on someone else's account and I broker for the earnings each week. It really cuts down on the time you need to spend playing.

If anyone else wants this offer, contact me on SGW or MSN.
The Yosemite Bear

well I just turned a hundred thousand miners into spies...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Ah, if you are going to try and broker me, right now is not an optimal time as I am buying UU, and my brokers may be full. Be sure to contact me beforehand.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

Well, I think a daring raid of 23,280,701,337 naquadah might be enough to get my assed kicked at the end of my PPT.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:Well, I think a daring raid of 23,280,701,337 naquadah might be enough to get my assed kicked at the end of my PPT.
Link?
Oh, you already raided! 8)
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Son of a bitch. I go on vacation, and I thought I put the account on vacation mode. I come back, my defenses are gone, people have been attacking me non-stop. And I find out I'm no longer in the SDnet alliance.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Course, the vacation was about three months long, but still. And what are these glider squadrons and what is this planet conquer/explore stuff?
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Argosh, here be my gold mine. Be aware they had something along the lines of 15 bil covert and a few million in defence. I'm unaware if they have stopped leaving rediculous amounts of naq out.

Agent Fisher: Welcome back. The glider squadrons are used to conquer planets and add to attacks. Planets come in five types: Attack, defense, unit production, covert/anti-covert, and income. Each planet boosts the stat it is tied to. To take a planet from someone, your fleet (glider) power needs to beat the planet's defensive ability. You can also upgrade the size of the planets to increase a multiplier to the planetary bonus at the downside of increasing the cost of installing defenses, though bigger planets can hold more defensive stations.

As the why you aren't in the alliance at this time. I culled our ranks. Those who didn't respond to my messages were cut. Since you've returned, I have no issue with accepting you back if you want to rejoin. Further, if you do want to rejoin, I ask that you resister on our alliance board.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:Argosh, here be my gold mine. Be aware they had something along the lines of 15 bil covert and a few million in defence. I'm unaware if they have stopped leaving rediculous amounts of naq out.
No, they haven't stopped doing that, I got 940mil and 2,9bil yesterday with two 15turn attacks. :twisted:
--
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Argosh wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:Argosh, here be my gold mine. Be aware they had something along the lines of 15 bil covert and a few million in defence. I'm unaware if they have stopped leaving rediculous amounts of naq out.
No, they haven't stopped doing that, I got 940mil and 2,9bil yesterday with two 15turn attacks. :twisted:
Excellent! The Culling Sun shall resume visits to that world then. Their covert always worries me though. Then again, I'm also a bit paranoid.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:Excellent! The Culling Sun shall resume visits to that world then. Their covert always worries me though. Then again, I'm also a bit paranoid.
Yes, I lost 3000 Anti-Covert, both times + the usual couple of hundred human-form defenders. :cry:
--
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Argosh wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:Excellent! The Culling Sun shall resume visits to that world then. Their covert always worries me though. Then again, I'm also a bit paranoid.
Yes, I lost 3000 Anti-Covert, both times + the usual couple of hundred human-form defenders. :cry:
I don't keep regular anti-covert, so no worry there. But I'll gladly trade 110 super soldiers and a mothership shield for more then a billion naq. It helps weed out the ones I suspect Vertigo has replaced with "Kull Warrior-'invulnerable man-jackass'" hybrids.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

http://www.stargatewars.com/stats.php?id=39087

This guy needs to be taken the fuck out.

He hit me over 50 times, just cause my commander hit him a few times.

I have no defense, and my mother ship is about dead.
The Yosemite Bear

rodger

Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Ok, hold off on him guys. He's gonna repay me to make us even.
The Yosemite Bear

damn diplomacy, I can't strike anyone unless they have over 200mil (costs too much), and I'm getting glory and renown...

dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Ok is there a limit on how far you can upgrade your mother ship. Every time I click to link to upgrade weapons it comes back up no different than it was before. I have plenty of money in which to upgrade.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

dragon wrote:Ok is there a limit on how far you can upgrade your mother ship. Every time I click to link to upgrade weapons it comes back up no different than it was before. I have plenty of money in which to upgrade.
:? You actually have to up your motherships weapons/shields/hangars capacity before buying weapons/shields/fleets themselves.
--