V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

That crazy Malkavian saved my ass! Anton thought. He saw the fellow called Dachlan sitting alone at a table. Holstering his pistol, he went to him.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Anton asked.

The Tremere nodded, somewhat annoyed.

Anton grabbed a bottle of wine from the bar and sat opposite to Dachlan. He had managed to keep his clothes clean of blood, until now. Something liquid was absorbing into his clothes. Controlling his tongue, he looked over his shoulder at the biker and his companion.

"Hey you two, there's still room here!"
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well, so much for an uneventful evening," Dachlan said.
"How I hate this...unnecessary brutality. But what else could be expected from Giovanni?"
I hope Anna gets a grip on herself soon. I want to know what that was all about...
"I guess none of you has any idea why we had to endure that mayhem?" he asked into the round.
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Dahak wrote:"I guess none of you has any idea why we had to endure that mayhem?" he asked into the round.
I shook my head as the biker and I found seats and took places at the table.

"I can't even tell you for sure why I'm here tonight," I answered the man. "But it looks like I'm up to my eyeballs in it now. Looks like we all are."

I took a moment to look around the table at each of the other three with me. "The name's Joe. Joe Schwartz. Do any of you know who the tin-plated tyrant is who we're inevidably going to be dragged in front of for this terrible offence?"
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

"Unfortunately for me this is par for the course. Its almost like all this talk of a masquerade didn't exist." Jack griped as he sat with the others. He eyed them all for a moment. "Except of course I'm usually going it alone."
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Schwartz," Dachlan nodded to the stranger.
"And the 'tyrant' you mentioned is a old aqcuaintance of mine. But I think he won't be all to happy about this mess here..."
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

"Good," I answered, noting that he hadn't given me his name. "If you know him than maybe we won't have to put up with as much finger wagging. I'm not partial to being shot at and attacked and even less partial to being scolded for defending myself by some stuffed shirt who thinks he's better than everybody else."

I paused and gave a tight smile. "No offence to you or your 'old acquaintance', of course. I've just had my share of bad experiences with these almighty organizations who think they are more than what they really are."
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well, I would be a bit careful with my judgements in that respect," Dachlan said, eyeing the stranger more closely.
"And before you get even more irritated, I am Dachlan DeVries."
Dachlan looked around once more, and chuckled.
"Look at it this way. You survived yet antother night."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I followed DeVries' lead and scanned the destruction of the room once more.

"Yeah." I gave a short, self-pitying laugh and looked down to the table with a quick shake of the head. The table didn't offer any incouragement.

I looked back up at DeVries. This man so calm and sure of himself. It seemed to me that he sized me up like he was deciding whether the flaw in a rug was enough to not buy it. I had to wonder what the verdict was. "You've got a point there. And thanks for pulling that guy off me back there."

Before he could ask how I knew it was him I offered the explaination. "I saw you reforming."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan levelly looked at Joe.
"Well, my young friend," he looked him deep in the eyes, "I just did what I felt prudent at the moment. but I would welcome your...discretion about it. If you understand what I mean." With the last words his voice became a bit icier.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Dahak wrote:Dachlan levelly looked at Joe.
"Well, my young friend," he looked him deep in the eyes, "I just did what I felt prudent at the moment. but I would welcome your...discretion about it. If you understand what I mean." With the last words his voice became a bit icier.
My green eyes met the man's gaze head on and a slight smirk played unbidden across my lips at his first words.

"No need to worry about me, my good man." My voice had taken on the tones of aristicratice, Victorian England. "We do find ourselves on the same side of this little endeavor. For the time being."

I leaned back casually and rolled my eyes. I hoped that would be enough of the posturing for the night. Looking to the biker, I changed the subject, sans accent.

"So, are those shades glued to your face? I haven't seen something stick like that through a fight since Indiana Jones' hat." I smiled widely at my jest and my eyes twinkled with mischief.
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

"They're expensive so I like to make sure they remain in one piece...besides if I don't have them on," he slipped off the shades and revealed a pair on glowing red incadscent eyes. "I'm a walking violation of the masquearde and I've been to some burgs where that usually equals a death sentence...final death that is." he said with a wry grin as he slipped the shades back on.

"Courtesy of a frenzy I had early on in my unlife. As I understand it, my clan has a predeliction for having nasty stuff happen to their bodies whenever we lose control. My sire says its the price we pay for being so close to the beast." Jack laughed hollowly. "I always took whatever that fucker had to say with a ton of salt."

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan looked in the deep black eyes, and then chuckled.
"Jack, I think your glassesd are a good idea. I would think that your...eyecolour is irritating to even some fellow vampires. Although they can come in handy at techno parties." He had to struggle to keep his face from bursting with laughter.
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

"Yeah," I agreed with DeVries. "And I thought I had been given some tough things to live with."

I gave the biker a friendly slap on the shoulder. "Tough break buddy."

Again I wondered why this one too hadn't given me his name. In my day when a man gave his name you returned yours. Different times I guess. Such different times.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well, as a Undead, we have some problems. But I'm happy my eyes don't glow. My eerie presence is enough for me, thank you," he smiled.
"But Gentleman, if this is hopefully soon over, I'd have to get some...dinner, if you understand.."

((i'll be away for Christmas, and will be with you again on Friday, so I wish y'all a Merry Christmas!!:D ))
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

"Of course, bon appetite!" said Anton.

After Dachlan had left, he looked at others. "This truly was an unfortunate incident... Ms. Bruck must have endured much grief tonight. I have to ask you, is this kind of brutaly among vampires common in America?"
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

((Joshua and Michael begin to wonder whether they should come out of their comatose states))
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Oberleutnant wrote:"I have to ask you, is this kind of brutaly among vampires common in America?"
"Don't look at me on that one bub. Personally, I usually try to stay away from other vampires and places like this. Why mix with the competition, you know? But as I recall, shit like this was happening over in Europe the last time I was there too, so I don't think it's exclusive. Somebody sure seems to have a bug up their but about something though."
Last edited by Mark S on 2002-12-27 10:39am, edited 1 time in total.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dachlan stepped out through the back door of the club, hunger burning inside him.
But he wanted to get back in the club as soon as possible. He was eager to learn more about why he had to endure all this fighting tonight.

With almost unnatural swiftness, he walked through the dark side stretts around the club, looking for a suitable snack.

He sniffed, looked around, and at the back door of another club, some blocks down from the Eye, he saw something suitable.

Aman, almost boyish, with dark black hair, clad in a black leather gear. He seemed to have left that particular club, and was about to leave on a motorcylce.
He scanned the vicinity, and there was no one else around.

Rushing to him, he stepped before his bike.
"hello, stranger." The man looked up. Dachlan registred the beautiful green eyes. He actually liked green eyes.
"Hey, punk," he snapped. "Get outta my way."
"I'm sorry, but no," he let a tad bit Domination slip into his voice. "Get off your bike and come over here."
With glassy eyes, he obeyed. Dachlan led him into a especially dark area, and leaned in on his neck...
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Stravo

Post by Stravo »

"You know what? I've been a little rude," Jack extended his hand to Schwartz. "My name is Jack Reece. I tend to not be too free about personal info, its been beaten into my head several times that my name is known in certain circles that my sire runs in and everyone in that circle would like nothing better than add another of my sire's childer to a long list of dead on both sides of a vendetta that probably stretches as far back as the Crusades. In other words my friend, one fucked up situation."

Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Stravo wrote:"You know what? I've been a little rude," Jack extended his hand to Schwartz. "My name is Jack Reece. I tend to not be too free about personal info, its been beaten into my head several times that my name is known in certain circles that my sire runs in and everyone in that circle would like nothing better than add another of my sire's childer to a long list of dead on both sides of a vendetta that probably stretches as far back as the Crusades. In other words my friend, one fucked up situation."
It was like people were reading my mind. At least I knew their names now. I took Reece's hand in a firm grasp.

"Nothing to worry from me Reece," I assured. "Like I was saying. I don't generally give much time or thought to the wishes of other vampires or the clan or blood or whatever loyalties they hold. I feed where I want and I associate with who I want. I can almost garranaty that I have no idea who the one who made you is and no idea who his enemies are.

"You say this goes back to the Crusades? Which one?"
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

After his hunger was stilled he put the young man down on the floor. He carefully wiped his memory about their encounter and walked back out into the darkness.
But just as we was about to walk around the next corner, he heard shuffling sounds behind him. Turning around, he picked up two, no, three guys. One kneeled above his "snack" fiddling with his jacket. The other two were around the bike.
For a moment he just stood there, thinking. Struggling wether to save the boy or not. After what seemed like an eternity, he decided to help him. When he thought about those deep green eyes...

He summoned a thick blackness, engulfing the thugs and the boy. He strode through to them, seeing them panic.
After this night, it can't get any worse...
Before the last could flee, he packed him by the neck from behind, and sunk his teeth deep in his neck.
When he was finished drinking, he threw him in the nearest wall.
So... What to do with him now?
He seemed to have lost conciousness. His eyes were flickering.
Well then... I should take him with me. I can erase any memory afterwards anyway, should I have to...
he carefully grabbed him up, tugging him to his side. He walked to his bike, sat him atop it, and pushed the bike with boy back towards the Eye...
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Anna finally returned. She had cleaned up and changed clothes. Her hair was in a severe bun and she wore a suit of black. She strode into the bar and surveyed the damage. "Darian is going to have a fit."

She went to the bar where Tennessee had a drink awaiting her. Picking up the glass, she downed the liquid. She licked her lips and turned towards Alec. "Bring my car around, dear. I need to go speak with the Prince."
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

After ten minutes Dachlan, and his new "friend" reached the Eye's rear entrance.
The boy finally regained conciousness. At first, he paniked.
"Hush," Dachlan said. "It's alright. Calm down."
"Wha- Whe-" the boy stuttered.
"You've been mugged. I helped you out."
"Thank you," he answered, slowly regaining his voice.
Dachlan extended his hand. "I'm Dachlan. And you are?"
"Josh."
"Ok, Josh, listen. I like you," Looking him deep in his eyes. "I would like to know you better, but I have to do something important. You can either come with me, or youre free to go out in the night again." His voice only contained the faintest touch of his domination powers.
"I- I- I'll like to come with you," he stammered.
"Good. Then stay close, ok?"
Josh only nodded.

Dachlan knocked on the back door of the Eye, and it was promptly opened. He walked in, hearing Anna "...I need to go speak with the Prince."

Oh my.. Maybe I should try to help? He walked towards Anna, Josh behind him.
"Anna, Dear," he asked, "can I help you in any way? It would be a pleasure."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Mark S wrote:
Oberleutnant wrote:"I have to ask you, is this kind of brutaly among vampires common in America?"
"Don't look at me on that one bub. Personally, I usually try to stay away from other vampires and places like this. Why mix with the competition, you know? But as I recall, shit like this was happening over in Europe the last time I was there too, so I don't think it's exclusive. Somebody sure seems to have a bug up their but about something though."
"A bug up their butt?" Anton asked, not understanding. After Schwartz explained the meaning, the Russian chuckled softly. "Ah, I see... very clever play of words."

He took a sip of his drink and continued, now with a more serious face. "It is sad that our kind must be perish in petty power struggles such as this. We exist here for a greater goal..."

The biker, uninterested of their discussion, looked like he was about to tell something...
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

[quote="Oberleutnant]"It is sad that our kind must be perish in petty power struggles such as this. We exist here for a greater goal..."[/quote]

My attention flicked between Reece and the Russian. He sounded Russian anyway. At the last words I had to do a double take.

"Greater goal? We're the Damned Undead. I don't know about you but I'm here to kill people and keep my ass out of Hell for one more night."