What would YOU change about Star Wars?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Bah, in the end I shall only make one change.

At the end of RotJ where Anakin's ghost (as played by Hayden Christensen) appears, Mace Windu's ghost comes running up behind him saying "PUNK! I've waited 20 years for this moment! I'm gonna kick your motherfuckin' ass!!!"

Cue hilarious chase scene.

.. wait, I think Lucas already has that planned for the special special edition. :twisted:
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ok here goes my 1st official response to the OP. I got a little carried away.

MOVIES
Episode I:The Sith Return
1. George Lucas doesn't direct.

2. Minimize the CG as much as possible

3. Get a kid who is not whiny to play this Anakin. He should be headstrong, arrogant and cocky, but still likeable. Sorta' a combination of the Han Solo and Princess Leia character traits from A New Hope. Portman is still good for Padme.

4. Story:
1. Anakin is slightly older, about 14 or 15, and already a Jedi padawan. Yoda has just completed Obi-Wan's Knighthood training and as a Master he is tasked with training the Chosen One, Anakin, whom Qui-Gon Jinn discovered in the outter rim on the small desert planet of Tattooine.

Anakin has been reluctant to accept a single master other than Qui-Gon. Others have tried to take him as a padawan but he has not "cooperated" with them and up until this point has been trained mostly by the Council itself.

Qui-Gon has been missing for some time and is believed to have gone after his old Master who has given up his life in the Jedi order. He is not named.

Obi-Wan and Anakin's first mission as Master and Padawan is as Ambassadors for the Supreme Chancellor Valorum to break the blockade on the small planet of Naboo.

While cleaning R2-D2 Anakin meets Padme, a handmaiden of the Queen, who was sent to help clean the droid in thanks for helping them survive the escape from Naboo. He immediatley senses the Force in her and she reveals that she was going to be a Jedi, but her father couldn't bear to part with her after the unexpected death of her mother. The two instantly begin having feelings for one another. This is also where Anakin is introduced to the Queen's protocol droid C-3PO.

Escaping with the Queen and her handmaidens, Anakin and Obi-Wan are forced to land on Tattoine to fix their hyperdrive, which was damadged in the escape from Naboo.

On Tattooine, against Ob-Wan's advice, Anakin tracks down and meets his mother. He is appauled to learn that she is a slave, but due to circumstances must pilot her owners pod race in the Boonta Eve classic to get money for the parts they need.

Anakin wins the race and has made a deal for the release of his mother. She is freed but reveals that she is not leaving Tattoine because of her son that she secretly had with Cleigg Lars, whom she is now free to go live with. Anakin promises to come back to see his mother soon and meet his brother.

Darth Maul, who has tracked the Queen to Tattoine attacks the two Jedi on their trip back to their spaceship. They are getting over come by the swiftness of the attack when a third Jedi suddenly joins the fray, and the Sith Lord is driven back long enough for Captain Panaka to fly the ship over so the three Jedi and escape.

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin go before the Jedi council and Qui-Gon reveals that in his hunt for his old master he believes that he has discovered that the Sith have returned. He futhers this by saying that the dark warrior that attacked them on Tattooine was one of the Sith Lords and that he believes that the Queen was his objective. The council debate this and order the three back to Naboo to protect the Queen and to investigate.

Qui-Gon confronts Anakin about his behavior since he has been gone and the two have a heated argument that ends with Qui-Gon ordering Anakin aboard the ship. Obi-Wan sees the exchange and Qui-Gon explains to Obi-Wan that when the Anakin was found he had been almost 5 years old and had lived a hellish life as a slave. The Council had decided that because of the boy's importance that he needed to be trained as a Jedi, but they knew he was too seceptible to the dark side with the memories and life he had already lived, so they wiped his mind and made him believe that he had been with the Jedi since he was an infant. The problem is that he is so strong in the Force that his mind resisted and several strong traces of his previous memories persisted in his personality, thus his quickness to anger, fear, jealousy and the reason for his nightmares. His mother was informed of this and asked never to betray the boys true upbringing if he made contact to her, to which she swore. Obi-Wan was now the only other Jedi outside of the council at the time to know this besides Qui-Gon. Even some current council members were not aware of it.

On Naboo Anakin apologizes to Qui-Gon and Qui-Gon tells him he will be great Jedi and that Obi-Wan is perhaps his only peer in the order besides Yoda and that he should take his teachings to heart. Anakins heeds this and the relationship between the two is instantly better.

The Naboo resistance cells realize that they are far too week to battle the Trade Federation Army and the Queen tells them that she may have a solution. She takes them to a hidden jungle clearing where several Gungans are waiting. The Queen tell the Jedi and Naboo that she has been having secret diolouges with the Gungan General Binks and that he is willing to gather his small but skilled army to help fight the TF invaders. Upon asking who the Gungans are General Binks informs the Jedi that the Naboo and Gungan used to live together in peace on the surface of Gunga but after millenia of animiosity over a long forgotten skirmish a great war erupted and the Gungans were defeated and forced under the oceans centuries ago. Queen Amidala had found a like mind in General Binks that believed that it was time for the two peoples to reunite in peace on the surface.

The Jedi tell the Gungan General that their army just isn't big enough to do what need to be done. Binks then says that they will then have to go see Boss Nass.

After Binks asks for the help of the rest of the Gungan Army he is proclaimed a traitor and is taken away to be executed. The Queen intervenes and bows to Nass and pleas for his help. Upon seeing this he realizes that the time for animosity between the Gungan and Naboo is over and that the threat of the TF affects them all and agrees to help.

The Queen's plan is to wage a battle just outside of Theed, but mearly as a distraction so that the united resistance cells can launch a starfighter offensive against the TF fleet in orbit and destroy the droid controll ship. Padme vouluteers to lead the fighter assult while the Gungans vow to fight side by side with the Naboo. The Jedi offer their protectin of the Queen while she attempts to catch Viceroy Gunray who has taken the Theed Royal Palace as his HQ which is the third and most vital part of the plan.

The Gungans and Naboo assemble outside of Theed and the droid army comes to meet them. The Jedi help the Queen into the city and the Palace where the main starfighter hanger is.

Anakin tries to talk Padme out of leading the starfighter assult but she will not agree so he then begins giving her flying tips which she rebuffs with banter of how good she is and how she could fly circle around him. She gives him his first kiss and takes off.

Anakin rejoins the other Jedi along with the Queens group as they are about to enter the main Palace. As the giant door opens a lone figure in black awaits them. Qui-Gon says the Jedi will deal with it and the Queen and her group take the long way.

The Queen and her group make it to the throne room, but the Queen is wounded. She begins asking for Padme.

The starfighter attack lead by Padme is being fought back easily for a time. But several fighters dive their ships into the shield generators overwhelming them for a moment and at that instant Padme dives her fighter into the droid ships main hanger entrance and weaves her way towards the central power generator. She launches a few torpedos and flies out the other side. The droid control ship erupts in a magnificent expolsion which not only shuts down the droids on the surface but also the droids operating the rest of the ships in the blockade.

The Naboo and Gungan fight gallantly but are being slaughtered by the overwhelming odds presented to them. In the midst of battle Captain Tarpuls sacrifices himself to save General Binks. Binks goes on a rampage destroying countless droids until he is shot and wounded. As a Droideka closes in for the kill the droid army shuts down and collapses.

The three Jedi battle against the Sith Lord. At first their efforts are confused but as Obi-Wan and Anakin begin to work as a team, with Qui-Gon keeping the Sith from fleeing they start to overwhelm Maul. He desperatly delivers a crushing kick to Obi-Wan who is sent plumeting off a catwalk onto another meters down. Qui-Gon and Anakin don't miss a beat and still battle the Sith Lord back. He retreats into a hallway where energy barries appear, disapear and reapear seemingly at random. Through acrobatics he is able to seperate the two Jedi.

Obi Wan recovers and leaps back up to the main catwalk and gives chase after the blur of lightsabers far down the hallway.

Anakin begins to draw on his emotions and anger as the battle is prolonged. In his arrogance he begins to advance ahead of Qui-Gon and confronts Maul by himself on a central room with a seemingly never ending cavern. Maul smiles and ignights the hilt of his extended lightsaber. Anakin is caught completely unaware and as he is about to be dealt a killing blow Qui-Gon leaps in front of him and the lightsaber pierces his chest.

Anakin in shock and staring at Qui-Gon's body on the floor barely blocks a slash from the Sith Lord but at the cost of his hand. As Maul once again attempts the killing blow, Obi-Wan this time interveins and begins fighting the Sith Lord back at a fever pace. The double bladed saber is severed and the fight continues until is Obi-Wan is Force Pushed back into the open pit.

Maul begins taunting Obi-Wan who is perilously hanging just inside the pit, by slashing at the edge and showering spaks down onto his face and hands.

Maul is suddenly distracted by something. He hears Qui-Gon muttering about the Chosen One and how Obi-Wan must train him. Maul gets a puzzled look on his face and in his moment of distraction Obi-Wan leaps from the pit as he calls Qui-Gons lightsaber to him. Maul, dodging to, late loses an arm an leaps back over the pit an escapes behind another hallway of energy barriers.

Maul stops, turns and looks at Obi-Wan as he kneels beside Qui-Gon. The two lock eyes and the Sith smiles and says "The Chosen One." Then turns and flees

In his dying breath Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan to protect Anakin from the darkness and as he dies, fades away into nothingness leaving just his Jedi robes. Obi-Wan, who is stunned, then attends to a waking Anakin and tells him the awful news. Anakin screams and collapses over in sorrow.

Padme returning from her victory enters the throne room to find everyone around the wounded Queen. Padme rushes to her side. The Queen tells her to lead their people from this darkness and reveals that Padme is the Queens younger sister and in her dying breath passes Padme her ring that signifies the Ruler of the Naboo.

Palpatine, the newley elected Supreme Chancellor, and several members of the Jedi Council arive on Naboo and Palpatine congratulates Padme and Obi-Wan and tell Anakin that he will watch his carrer with great interest.

There is a funeral pyre for the Queen. The Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu discuss the return of the Sith and if the master or apprentice faced Anakin, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. They also are confused as to what happened to Qui-Gon after he died.

There is a giant celebration in Theed and the new Queen, Padme Amidala presents Boss Nass a glowing globe and he holds it aloft for all to see and proclaims peace.

Note: Scenes not specifically covered play out the same as they do in the oiginals, with the appropriate charcters pluged in per the revision. Obi-Wan and Anakin have tea and get gassed. Obi-Wan tries to melt through the door with his lightsaber, while Anakin provides cover etc. Scenes that contradict the revision are deleted. Qui-Gon meeting Jar Jar etc..

Uh.. Yeah, a little carried away. Sorry.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

To add to my previous post, is that the Vong are not force resistant.
The Vong are less advance than the New republic/Empire, however they make it up by their huge numbers i.e.: quintillion ships with tens thousands of planet size constructs and hundreds of star sized constructs
The rebellion and the Empire learn about them through a periodical probing.
The rebellion keeps most of the Empire intact and increases ship production by 2 folds a year until hundreds of death star like battle stations were built, tens of thousands 20 km+ command ships/dreadnoughts, a gigantic center point station, millions of 5km-20km battleships, billions of star destroyer and like sized ships, and trillions of other ships.
Yes it is my Wank :D
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

I really hated the fact that the clone wars were a conflict between plastic robots with funny voices and expendable clone. We never got to see the horrors of war. It was like a video game. To change this I would make the clone wars much darker. If I were in charge the CIS would field an army of savage clone troopers but their commanders would be humans. The Republican army would be recruits from Republic world. The audience would actually care when people are dying in firefights.

Secondly another idea I had considered is the clone wars being an extension of a Jedi civil war. In the prequels there is little scope for duels. Most Jedi of that era never ignited their sabers in anger against another force user. I like the idea of Anakin and Obiwan having plenty of experience battling other Jedi. This would establish their reputation as legendary light saber duelists.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

As far as the Clone Wars go, I was very adamant that they were not going to be actual clones. I really hated the idea. I always wanted the Clone Wars to be a series of battles in or around the Clone System that impacted the Republic but not completely encompassed it like they did.

The other idea I had was that there was a place called the Clone Cluster where thousands of systems were located. They all seemed to have the same sytem make up and the same types of stars, hence the ancient name of the cluster that meant "clone" in basic.

:roll: Oh well...
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You wanted the clone wars with no clones? That sounds like a personal problem to me.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

havokeff wrote:As far as the Clone Wars go, I was very adamant that they were not going to be actual clones. I really hated the idea. I always wanted the Clone Wars to be a series of battles in or around the Clone System that impacted the Republic but not completely encompassed it like they did.

The other idea I had was that there was a place called the Clone Cluster where thousands of systems were located. They all seemed to have the same sytem make up and the same types of stars, hence the ancient name of the cluster that meant "clone" in basic.

:roll: Oh well...
That's ridiculous. A Clone Cluster? It's a terrible name for starters. Not to mention, even Zahn's books had to be rewritten. Besides, your small war that would give ample justification to that Bitch who said there were only 3million of them.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hey news flash fellas. These were thoughts that I had WAAAAAAAAAY before Zahn even considered writing a SW book. The "EU" didn't even exist in name yet. And certainly befor KT decided to fuck things up.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Post by darthkommandant »

I would make the clone army the elite divisions of the republic army with regular republic troops as the main force. The CIS battle droids would be cold brutal sadistic and have a voice similar to the SBD voice in Republic Commando. Think of B2 crushing civilians necks and you get the picture. Also small battles wouls involve thousands of ships and oftentimes result in the depopulation of the planet.
Tiger II fanboy
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

My dream Star Wars changes

Post by Kurgan »

Sun Wukung wrote:Like the title asks, what would you do with the existing Star Wars universe to make it more suited to you? Would the Jedi be different and not the benevolent protectors of the Republic? Would the Sith turn out to be the "good guys" and the Jedi be the evil conspiring organization hiding behind conspiracy? The idea is to come up with your changes for Star Wars. It can contradict anything, if you can defend your reasoning. That means the Emperor can be less powerfull or more, the Sith can have a different structure in thier Order. Just do what you want to do with the SW universe. Remember:If the EU authors can do it, why can't you?
Episode III:

I'd have the Jedi wear armor in battle, and some kind of military esque uniforms (or at least some alteration to their traditional outfits that would be more suited to an organized army). One could make a case for them not being "ready yet" in AOTC, but by ROTS, they should have armor, and flight suites when they're piloting their fighters too (they can toss their outer rob on over the top for fun and strip back down to their regular clothes after capture, that's fine).

Make the Jedi deaths during Order 66 a little more convincing. If the Force is supposed to just suddenly turn off, depict that somehow, perhaps with a force rush that suddenly cuts out, I dunno. But something... more overkill would be nice too (as was done in some but not all scenes).

Get rid of Palpatine's "yeah!" during the duel on the Invisible Hand. Tone down his fake whining in Anakin's "conversion scene." Make him more threatening/evil and less just plain goofy in his fight with Mace (the silly faces).

Show more of the battle over Coruscant. Clean up the slapstick in the "buzzdroids" scene or remove it entirely and just put in some dogfighting instead. Show off Anakin's piloting skills more. Don't make Obi-Wan such a puss in the cockpit.

Give the battle droids lower voices like they had in Episode I/II.

Get rid of R2D2's ICQ "uh oh!" squeak (he spoke english there, btw, a first!).

And yes, I know Stormtroopers armor is useless, but it would be cool to have them wear armor, and make more sense than NO protection at all.

I'd make the battle between Sideous and those flunkies that Mace Windu brings along actually cool and plausible, not just them standing there and stupidly getting cut down by McDiarmond's rough blocking.

Get rid of the "NOoooooOOOOooooo!!!" (keep the original version of the film in there with it though for laughs, to go with the below...) He can growl, he can gasp in impotent rage, but please, not this "NOooooo---" business.

Make "Backstroke of the West" subtitle track an option. ;)

Put Dave Prowse into the suit for the "Frankenstein" scenes and the standing watching the Death Star scene (and put hands on belt, not folder across chest).

I'm tempted to say "fix the science gaffes" but that would be impossible...

Episode I:

Make Jar Jar not an annoying kiddie cartoon @$#%. Give the Gungans their own language with subtitles perhaps?

No need to mention midichlorians. Delete it. Now perhaps it would seem ackward to do so in Episode I (but not in Episode III). How else do you indicate Anakin has super high force potential? But in Episode III it's completely unnecessary. Save that speculative stuff for the novel/comics. Harder to fix now...

Make the Neimoidians less cartoonish. Give them an alien language with subtitles, or make their voices less like Mojo Jojo (and make their lips move convincingly (or perhaps use a combination, give them a "universal translator" for talking with the humans over intercom).

Delete the slapstick pit droids.

Make the battle droids actually threatening. Show the suffering of Amidala's people. Show Gungan carnage in the ground battle.

Restore the deleted scene of Obi-Wan fighting Darth Maul in the desert (not inserted into the movie of course)

Keep muppet Yoda. I like him. ;)

Make Jabba more lifelike.

Episode II:

Do something to make the romance less awful. You can keep it ackward, but not so spine-chillingly teeth-on-edge bad. Show dead bodies in the Geonosis arena. Show better Jedi tactics (but overwhelmed by numbers).

Option to view restored duel footage that was never finished, and that scene of the assault on the droid control ship as a deleted scene.

ANH:

I'd keep the Special Edition Death Star battle in the first movie, and all the changes, except make Jabba actually look like he did in ROTJ (and get rid of Fett mugging for the camera) and make the scene skippable on the DVD. Greedo would get blasted under the table as normal and the Imperial officers chests would still erupt in flames when shot. Obi-Wan's saber would be completely colored in properly in all frames (ditto for Vaders in the far shots).

I'd speed up the duel in ANH ever so slightly.

Cut the scenes with Luke's pals on Tatooine and the other deleted scenes back to their original glory and give the option on the DVD to play the movie with or without them.

Give it a selectable crawl ('77 or '81).

Restore the original opening logos and such.

Get rid of the slapstick Jawas and droid punching the sentry in Mos Eisley.

Replace the horribly fake Stormtroopers that ride the Dewbacks with something more convincing. Get rid of the Ronto that walks past the camera while Luke is questioned by the troopers (just keep the guy who walks past, less distracting).

Keep the Biggs in the hangar scene, but let me hear Red Leader talk about Luke's father. A scene depicting a younger version of this pilot dude doesn't have to appear in ROTS or AOTC, but that would be a nice thing too, now that I think of it. A million ways to do it.

Give the option to choose between the Mono track, Dolby 2.0 or 5.1 or commentary track.

Otherwise it'd be just like the 2004 DVD release, sans the color timing errors, whacky tints and sound gaffes (er "deliberate creative decisions" whatever!).

Give Chewie a medal.

Ultimately though I'd want these "dream versions" alongside the original theatrical versions (warts and all), of course. All would be anamorphic widescreen of course, with multiple commentaries (one for George, and force him to explain story points and stuff, one for production people, and one for actors... get people who don't normally get to talk and for the deceased ones get past interviews for sound bytes, and then a seperate commentary track just for Ben Burt... j/k ;) )

ROTJ:

Show more of the battle over Carkoon (don't give Boba Fett any extra screen time though, except maybe make his jetpack flying a little more "realistic" and not so much like he's on an obvious crane/line). Give the option to view either the original Sarlacc or the Audrey II.

Allow the option to view the 2004 "saga ending" (pipes, planet celebrations, new ewok shots and cuts) or the 1983 theatrical ending (Ewok song 'n' dance) in the movie. No Hayden. No shaven eyebrows on Anakin.

Keep the 2004 restoration minus the color timing/balance gaffes and the lightning glitches. Get rid of the garbage mattes.

Give the option to view Lapti Nek instead of Jedi Rocks (replace CG Snooty with one that doesn't look quite so cutsey and cartoonish, tone the Yazzum guy way the hell down).

Show me more ewok deaths and more intelligent Stormtrooper behavior (overwhelmed by sheer numbers or brilliant tactics). Restore the B-Wing attack on the Star destroyer scene.

Option of 2.0 or 5.1 soundtrack of course.

ESB:

Keep the 2004 Restoration minus color gaffes, restore Boba Fett's old voice.

Restore "bring my shuttle" and replace the recycled shots from ROTJ with new footage that shows what we're supposed to be seeing (the inside of the Executor, not the Death Star II with Moff Jerrerod!).

Show a bit more of the Hoth battle. I don't mean troopers running at each other, I just mean more of the AT-ST's and stuff getting blown up, fly bys, etc.

Restore an optional to view "Royal Guards and Jerrerod being choked" scene in context.

Fix the Emperor's slugs.

Full deleted scenes gallery for all the movies (and all restored and completed with CG where necessary to the same quality as the rest of the stuff) viewable seperately or in the movie (and provide optional intros/commentary from Lucas). I'm thinking here like the alternate cantina take could be restored to full color with the atmospheric sounds and stuff like it would have had, had it been used instead of the one we got.

I gotta admit though, Episode I is problematic. Remaking the movie might be better, but what's done is done, so those would be my changes.

Oh, and these would be shown in the theaters, with with all the inserted scenes in the "dream version" with stadium seating and THX, extra popcorn and all that. ;)

As for the EU:

I would forget the NJO ever existed. Reset the EU, with the "dream films" as their starting point. (you can still sell the old EU stuff, it's just no longer canon... you can fit in some of it, but you have to tailor it to the movies as they now are, not the other way around, and new material is encouraged). Fire Karen Travis and KJA (or, less harshly, give them an ultimatum to shape up both their quality and continuity standards and their dealings of fans).

Get LucasArts to release the source code to the original Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith... and the Single Player source for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Re-release all of them in a big "Jedi Knight Collection" package with the editors tools and a "best of" for mods on a bonus cd/dvd.
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Put Dave Prowse into the suit for the "Frankenstein" scenes and the standing watching the Death Star scene (and put hands on belt, not folder across chest).
Hey! I liked that scene.. what's wrong with arms-crossed Vader?
No need to mention midichlorians. Delete it. Now perhaps it would seem ackward to do so in Episode I (but not in Episode III). How else do you indicate Anakin has super high force potential?
That's easy - have Qui-Gon and co sense his power through the Force.
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
OmegaGuy
Retarded Spambot

Post by OmegaGuy »

Make Marka Ragnos more wanky.

This guy should be portrayed as an undefeatable god, that game where the player beat him should never have been made.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

Ugh I hated the Jedi Academy storyline. As in Jedi Outcast Tavion had me wondering how the hell someone like her even learned to use the Force. She looks more like a porn star then a dark jedi. :)
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Sarevok wrote:Ugh I hated the Jedi Academy storyline. As in Jedi Outcast Tavion had me wondering how the hell someone like her even learned to use the Force. She looks more like a porn star then a dark jedi. :)
You just answered your own question (perv!).

Okay, as long as we're talking wish fulfillment... bonus dvd "The 1,001 deaths of Jar Jar Binks" (budget: 30 million)

I do like the one about Mace Windu though. Ultra cool idea, it will be forwarded to Lucas... :lol:
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

My feelings on the EU are well known, so I won't rehash them here. I'd make one tiny change to ANH: "You fought with my father in the droid wars." When the prequel trilogy rolls around, the Republic will not be fielding an army of disposable, interchangable clones. They will be real men, with families and dreams and all the rest, and Palpatine's war will actually cause real suffering on the home front, the kind that makes people willing to elevate a tyrant. There's a whole lot more I'd change about the PT, and ROTJ, but I don't feel like spending two hours writing about it now.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Oh yes, change the quote where the cloners say a quadtrillion troops and let them have huge complexes, yes.
Have the dark trooper styled elite troops fighting with the other troops. Also give them sheilds and full auto weapons.
Make the droids much bigger and more powerful and mencing.
darthkommandant
Padawan Learner

Post by darthkommandant »

You mean like these guys.

Linky

Take that Karen Traviss.
Tiger II fanboy
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

One thing I'd have different: an Anakin who isn't a whiny little bitch most of the time. Made it very hard to be sympathetic toward the character and actually made him far weaker as a character than if they'd made him a more normal personality who's caught in a true dilemma of just who to trust.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

I guess I'm the only one who likes the Star Wars Franchise as it is... good and bad, with the exception of Karen Travissty bullshit. I can agree to some slight retooling, such as making the love scenes between Anakin and Padme more... meaningful, or giving the Droids more acceptable voices. But this whole, make Anakin and Vader two seperate people or the have Anakin and Padme become Emperor and Empress things sound like some kind of crappy Infinities story.

As for KJA (Hell I only know him by his initials), I haven't heard as much about his antics, though if he's as rude to the Star Wars fans as Karen Traviss is and makes just as bad decisions, then I could agree with terminating their contracts.

So can someone give me a brief summary of KJA's BS, so I can compare Karen to him?
Jade Falcon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jade Falcon »

The one thing that really made me cringe in ROTS was the maniacal laughter of Palpatine.

Okay, the guys meant to be an evil SOB, but that laughter when he was duelling with Yoda in the Senate chamber wasn't chilling it was just over the top.
Don't Move you're surrounded by Armed Bastards - Gene Hunt's attempt at Diplomacy

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own - Number 6

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

General Schatten wrote:But this whole, make Anakin and Vader two seperate people or the have Anakin and Padme become Emperor and Empress things sound like some kind of crappy Infinities story.
Yeah. I thought the same thing when I first saw ANH back in '77.

"Luke's father and Darth Vader are two separate people?! What the fuck kind of implausible bullshit is that?!"
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

That idiot EH_Pilot posted a rant on a lot of things along the same lines of this thread on theforce.net forums and Ender_Sai just said he wasn't sentimental and yet he proudly calls himself "Generation WEG" which is itself sentimental however he says nay and claims to be apathetic but obviously wasn't happy when Saxton came and published his books.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Here is what I would change about both ROTJ and ROTS. See more of the Cap ships duking it out. Especially ROTJ. Add in a scene with the Rebel cruisers pounding the Exeutor before the A-wings make their run on the globe. Permanently disprove the myth that a pair of fighters can take down the shields of that behemoth.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Darth Servo wrote:Here is what I would change about both ROTJ and ROTS. See more of the Cap ships duking it out. Especially ROTJ. Add in a scene with the Rebel cruisers pounding the Exeutor before the A-wings make their run on the globe. Permanently disprove the myth that a pair of fighters can take down the shields of that behemoth.
I would be glad if they redid the Battle of Endor that way for the next "release". More capital ship duels will be great. For now, those dimwits are living in stackpole nirvana no thanks to that fighter wanker.
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Darth Servo wrote:Here is what I would change about both ROTJ and ROTS. See more of the Cap ships duking it out. Especially ROTJ. Add in a scene with the Rebel cruisers pounding the Exeutor before the A-wings make their run on the globe. Permanently disprove the myth that a pair of fighters can take down the shields of that behemoth.
I would be glad if they redid the Battle of Endor that way for the next "release". More capital ship duels will be great. For now, those dimwits are living in stackpole nirvana no thanks to that fighter wanker.
That reminds me: Show more allience power and make them seem like that they actually have the power to bring down the empire; not some tiny organision like a gang, but a major power more like the al qaeda. Also give lots more credit to the larger ships.
darthkommandant wrote:You mean like these guys.
<snip>
Yes, but with sheilds and self healing armor.