Rank images

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Yoda wrote:This one for idiot Trekkies?

That's pretty good, but you can't really make out what's going on in the image.

This one might be better:

Or this one:

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Aesthetic note: "Village Idiot" should be red with a white boarder (so it shows up clearly on any background), and should look like it was made on an old-style typewriter, with chips in the font face like the typewriter was old.

What? You never typed on a typewriter before? Kids these days! :crotchety old man:
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Na uh. A-team font - a big rubber stamp with 'tard' or 'idiot' or whatever inside a solid border, but chipped like Wyrm says. If it's good enough for the A-team... :)
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Something like this? (appropriately colored and scaled, of course)

Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

That's right. Needs a rounded 'rubber stamp' border for extra 'tude, though. :) Projecting the image that people just get stamped 'idiots' as punishment is cool but i guess we'd need different colours for different avs?
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Stark wrote:That's right. Needs a rounded 'rubber stamp' border for extra 'tude, though. :) Projecting the image that people just get stamped 'idiots' as punishment is cool but i guess we'd need different colours for different avs?
And angled slightly, of course. Nobody stamps the stamp perfectly horizontal.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Wyrm wrote:Something like this? (appropriately colored and scaled, of course)
Why scaled? It would fit perfectly in their sig as is.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Hey, sig replacement with a huge 'this person is a tard' message is a great idea. Leave them their 100x100 av, and punish them with a 100x500 A-team stamp! :)
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

Brilliant Idea, however I think combining the two would be even better.

A slighty smaller text size for "Village Idiot" then a pic next to the words relating to the person's idiocy.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Sounds gold! :)

I have an early day tomorrow, and will be gone all day. I'll see about using my craptacular image editing skills to add an appropriate rubber stamp after I get back.

Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Wyrm wrote:I have an early day tomorrow, and will be gone all day. I'll see about using my craptacular image editing skills to add an appropriate rubber stamp after I get back.
I was thinking something like this or this. :)
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Yoda wrote:Perhaps something like this?

That's sweet!
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

On a slightly related note, has anyone earned the right to be de-VIed before?
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Lord Woodlouse wrote:On a slightly related note, has anyone earned the right to be de-VIed before?
I think BoredShirtless did it once or twice.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

BEHOLD!

Is this grungy enough?

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Wyrm wrote:BEHOLD!

<snip pic>

Is this grungy enough?
Wonderful.

Another suggestion though. If possible, make the background transparent and have it automatically superimposed over any post text they make.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

50%

25%

EDIT: Wyrm, do you use Paint.Net for that? I'm picturing how I can get PdN to reproduce from scratch the exact same think you made.
Image Image
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Gandalf wrote:
Lord Woodlouse wrote:On a slightly related note, has anyone earned the right to be de-VIed before?
I think BoredShirtless did it once or twice.
RDJ too, for a while before the TK Invasion.
Image Image
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I was a VI for about an hour and a half before I successfully argued that while what I was doing (tk invasion) was unpopular, it wasn't 'idiotic'.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I was a VI for about an hour and a half before I successfully argued that while what I was doing (tk invasion) was unpopular, it wasn't 'idiotic'.
And you've become an outstanding example of how one branded a VI can become One of the Boys with good contributions.

Speaking of, any word on HotB 5?
Image Image
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:I was a VI for about an hour and a half before I successfully argued that while what I was doing (tk invasion) was unpopular, it wasn't 'idiotic'.
And you've become an outstanding example of how one branded a VI can become One of the Boys with good contributions.

Speaking of, any word on HotB 5?
HotB5 will probably be done by Sunday. I know I've been keeping to 4 days between, but its been a busy, busy week. However, I've got a day off tomorrow and may have some free time...
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

If it were elected to utilize the images as a punitive measure, we could have the Senate vote to request a custom one made (for example, "Village Idiot" plastered over the avatar or stuck into the sig) for the troll, since we don't have VIs very often.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:EDIT: Wyrm, do you use Paint.Net for that? I'm picturing how I can get PdN to reproduce from scratch the exact same think you made.
Sorry, Einy. I drive a Mac, remember? The program I used was GraphicConverter, a very nice if very limited graphics manipulation program.

As for Darth Servo's sign over post-text idea, we want to make it clear that the person is an idiot, but not be too obnoxious when we nead to read his crap so we can tear him a new one. If anything, the "VI" stamp should go into the background of all the VI's post fields, but I don't know if you can do that in the board software.

Further Aesthetic note: we should let the "Stamp" run over the sides of the orginal avatar, like the avatar was already there and we took our stamp and went *splut* over it, like so:

(We should probably have a proper alpha channel for this trick, though... :?)

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Wyrm wrote:If anything, the "VI" stamp should go into the background of all the VI's post fields, but I don't know if you can do that in the board software.
That's precisely what I envisioned as well. :lol:
Image Image
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Supes got VIed as did Shep, and have since been de-VIed.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin