Micro Sculptures

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Madison15
Redshirt

Micro Sculptures

Post by Madison15 »

Lookie here

The detail this guy puts in to the Sculptures is incredable for the size he's working with. :shock:
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to Artwork, Music, Photos
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Why hasen´t he done the obvious and made angles dancing on the head of a pin?
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Holy shit, those are incredible! Especially the Adam & Eve that was sculpted in the lead at the tip of a pencil. Amazing. :shock:
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

salm wrote:Why hasen´t he done the obvious and made angles dancing on the head of a pin?
You will state how many angel sculptures can dance on the head of a pin, or we'll be having a salm barbeque, you heretic!
:lol:

Mind boggling and wonderful stuff, right down to Zeus's micro-penis. :P
The elephant on the head of a pin really shows how tiny this guy can go, notice how much smaller it is than others in the gallery. Henry VIII and his wives is my favorite, though.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I appreciate him more for his actual sculpting talent than his gimmick. He's a very polished sculptor, and I would note that at any size of production.

It's rather sad that none of these are really effective display pieces, due to their stature.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

"I have a microscope to show you my gallery!!!!"
"What"
"Take a look"
"What, I don't see anything"
"You see that dot there?"
"Yes."
"That is my entire collection!!!!"
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Pick wrote:I appreciate him more for his actual sculpting talent than his gimmick. He's a very polished sculptor, and I would note that at any size of production.

It's rather sad that none of these are really effective display pieces, due to their stature.
Having some experience with sculpting myself, what gets me is that I can't imagine what he uses for tools working that tiny, and in a material like pencil lead!

The very tip of a fresh X-Acto knife, maybe, but at that scale even something that fine is going to get very clumsy, very quick.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Oh, I am most confident that his tools are specially made and do not resemble any customary artistic apparatuses.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia