All of the above
14%

Total votes: 35

ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Wait, my whole theory didn't go down the drain because he wrote this
Scorpius wrote:4. Why did I respond to Zaia's post? As I said I was in the position of the guy. I got strung along for seven years and was messed up by it. I believe that the best thing possible would've been for the object of my affection to tell me to fuck off so that I could move on and find someone else.

After I finally gave up she strung along two of my best friends in much the same manner. I saw myself in this post and thought maybe I could help Zaia help this dumb bastard out.
Looks like my theory was pretty much entirely correct :D
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

I say relegate her to the HOS for now.

Perhaps her behavior will improve, but I'm not holding my breath.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Scorpius wrote: 5. Why did your wife post? My wife, on the other hand, saw it differently and said so. It's hard to know a person from one post. Depending on your point of view, the evidence can be shaped to either opinion. I had one, my wife had another. My wife had read the board here because of my interest and believed me when I said that this was a board that wasn't afraid to be politically incorrect and that any topic can be discussed/commented on. I don't know if that is true anymore.
What I'm specifically replying to here is "I said that this was a board that wasn't afraid to be politically incorrect and that any topic can be discussed/commented on"

This is true. HOWEVER, we do not slam board members unless they are acting like total gits. Zaia was asking our opinions on something. Your wife had no reason to go off on her like that and NOT expect to get flamed. In face, she actually started the flaming by calling Zaia a cock-tease. Zaia is a well respected member of this board. We will defend her.

Look, I know she's a domineering bitch, but sometimes you have to put your foot down. Flaming respected board members is NOT something you do.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Can we be reasonable?

Please?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Thank you for your answers here, Scorpius, and for the comments you made to me in my thread. I have a hard time finding fault with your wife, honestly, because if I was married to a man who had been through what you have, I would be tempted to jump to conclusions about the situation I am in too. I think her comments reflect the defensiveness she has for you and what you have been through, and I don't take them personally.

I call on you to trust in the fact that I am not the things your wife has said, just as I am trusting that you are truthfully answering the questions about what went on here last night. If she still believes what she wrote, that is up to her. I don't fully agree with the way she went about stating her opinion, but yes, this is a public forum and she is certainly entitled to think something other than what the majority thinks.

I do not want a ban put against either of you because, although I don't know much about Marla (other than recent events), I do value your contribution to the board. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write multiple posts about my problem, and I don't want to throw that back in your face.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

You know, I'm getting sick of people coming onto this board and acting bitchy and nasty and such and then getting all indignant when they're flamed.

Here's a tip!: If you don't want to get flamed, don't be an asshole!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Zaia, you are far more forgiving than I could ever hope to be...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Zaia, you are far more forgiving than I could ever hope to be...
Which is kind of why she got inot this situation in the first place. If she'd told the guy in question to fuck off and stop emotionally blackmailing her years ago, she wouldn't now be accuesed of being a cock tease.

Zaia, hon, you're far too sweet. Get some bitch, babe.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Oh, don't tell her that.

I like her sweet. :wink:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Oh, don't tell her that.

OK, I'm just jealous of anyone who isn't a cynical man-hating half-dyke.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Being sweet can by all nice and dandy but sometimes you gotta act bitchy to get something done in this world, or get your point across in Zaia's case.

Innerbrat: ouch...
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

innerbrat wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Oh, don't tell her that.

OK, I'm just jealous of anyone who isn't a cynical man-hating half-dyke.
you poor thing. *hugs*
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Thanks, babe.

Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

innerbrat wrote:Thanks, babe.
Anytime... and I mean that. *hug and kiss*
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

HoS the stupid bitch and give her the title "Village Whore" (suggested by someone in the thread).
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

innerbrat wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Zaia, you are far more forgiving than I could ever hope to be...
Which is kind of why she got inot this situation in the first place. If she'd told the guy in question to fuck off and stop emotionally blackmailing her years ago, she wouldn't now be accuesed of being a cock tease.

Zaia, hon, you're far too sweet. Get some bitch, babe.
Innerbrat, I have plenty of bitch in me; I just save it for those deserving of it. Were you around when I told my story about the best friend I used to be in love with, who treated me like crap, who is now in love with me who I kicked out of my life back in September? Trust me, with him in his then-current condition, it took a LOT of bitch for me to do that. I am strong enough and bitchy enough when I need to be, but I don't think this is one of those times. If my husband had been led on and treated like shit, I'd be wary of a chick talking about something that sounds similar (even though I am NOT doing that AT ALL). I still don't think she went about it the right way, but I can't fault her for speaking her mind. *shrug* It's not a big deal.

About this quote: "OK, I'm just jealous of anyone who isn't a cynical man-hating half-dyke." I'm all of those (except for the half-dyke part) sometimes, so don't think that I'm always sweetness and light. :wink: Trust me on that one. :twisted:

I do get extremely cynical and unhappy about men sometimes (ask Ando; I bitch to him about them on a fairly regular basis). I'm sorry you feel the same way, though, because it sucks. :( *hugs*
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I miss out on so much by not coming in here...

*goes in search of other threads like this*
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Love ya, Zaia, thanks. I didn't see that thread, and I do trust you to stick up for yourself when you need to, but I personally have a philosophy that if a bloke falls for a girl who isn't interested, it's his problem. This is mainly from one of my exes who wouldn't stay dumped, and my best friend being stalked for a year by a gimp who tried to emotionally blakcmail her through me.

And this is a good day for me :-)

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Benefit of the doubt. For both of them.

I, too, prefer to give chances, although I did make a bad call with that one hoser a couple weeks ago.

While Marla's comments were irritating and tactless, I don't think we should be so quick to ban people just for that. Long term nasty behavior, though, is another story.

And let's face it, none of us here are trying to be PC...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
data_link
Jedi Master

Post by data_link »

Coyote wrote:Benefit of the doubt. For both of them.

I, too, prefer to give chances, although I did make a bad call with that one hoser a couple weeks ago.

While Marla's comments were irritating and tactless, I don't think we should be so quick to ban people just for that. Long term nasty behavior, though, is another story.

And let's face it, none of us here are trying to be PC...
There is a difference between respect and political correctness, and frankly, Marla showed no signs of either.
data_link has resigned from the board after proving himself to be a relentless strawman-using asshole in this thread and being too much of a pussy to deal with the inevitable flames. Buh-bye.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I would recomend a custom title. Also have a mod send her a warning that she is being watched. She isn't worth the time or attention she is seeking. In a worst case senario have her banned, but only if she keeps up with the attitude.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

You people have been a lot more eager to ban recently. RayCav, Arminius, Azeron and the others were here for a long time before banning. Nowadays it seems as soon as someone steps out of line, the board is out for blood.
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Yes, we ran out of idiots and must restock at once. I can bring some local Fundies straight from the Heart of the South if you like?
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

Yes, we ran out of idiots and must restock at once. I can bring some local Fundies straight from the Heart of the South if you like?
Actually, idiots and fundies make things pretty entertaining around here.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

What's the status on this poster?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.