A nice map of the WH40K Galaxy

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

A bit hard to believe that Chaos is such a huge military threat when their resource base is so small compared to the Imperium's.
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Not to intrude, but am I the only one having trouble with getting this to display? I've had a seperate window open for it for about ten minutes and have barely gotten past the Tau Empire despite having an ass-kicker of a download rate.
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I remember when I was trying to make a map of the galaxy in my own universe. I used the very same picture of the galaxy to overlay stuff. There's it better though.

I still think the map they showed in White Dwarf is superior, though it is rather more sparse.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Adrian Laguna wrote:A bit hard to believe that Chaos is such a huge military threat when their resource base is so small compared to the Imperium's.
Remember the Imperium doesn't control all that space on the map. Only a fraction of that space is theres and signifigant portion is unihabited or controlled by aliens. Even the Segmentum Solar contains signifigant Ork domains. The Eye of Terror, on the other hand, is densely populated by the followers of Chaos.

Think of how deceptive merely measuring the amount of territory within their boarders is when comparing Great Britain and Canada, for example.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Also, they have the entire fucking Warp to draw daemons from.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Rogue 9 wrote:Also, they have the entire fucking Warp to draw daemons from.
Not to mention the fact that most of the EoT population are either slaves or chaos worshipers/warriors (Not to mention the thousands of Chaos space marines, many of whom are still alive due to the wonky time differences).

Apparently the population of the EoT is roughly half of the entire Imperium, though I recall a fluff source (The old EoT manual I think) that has it as "At least as many inhabitants as the Imperium").

Don't forget, space is 3d;) (Same reason the Tyranid fleet attacking from the other end of the galaxy is so scary).

Also I remember the map being posted at least once before.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

I have an old Codex Imperialis with a (sort of) map. The eye of terror looks like it's actually outside the galaxy on it.
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
technomage
Padawan Learner

Post by technomage »

Awe-inspiring and beautiful eye candy, but you'll find a better map with a more accurate perspective at Dark Millennia.
"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.