The Undiscovered Galaxy (SG:A Crossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Chris OFarrell wrote:Oh? I thought that the Ori had posessed the Docii on several occasions in this fic, thereby technicaly 'stepping foot' in the Galaxy. Dito when the anti Prior device was used, the Docii *appeared* to have the Ori take control directy to counteract the effects, then they leveled Washingon...
They're rules lawyering. It doesn't count if they act through an avatar like that. As for the getting past the anti-prior device, I'm working on the hypothesis that it's counteracted by sufficient concentration, and also that the leader is slightly closer to ascension than the normal prior.
Heh I can just see it in Saint Peters Square as Thunderstorms start to form overhead from a clear sky. Yet again the Abydonians are willing to 'back them'....this time with a little more omph
Well, sauce for the goose...
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Coalition
Jedi Master

Post by Coalition »

phongn wrote:
Chris OFarrell wrote:And I love what you've done with Ba'al, the villian becoming a future hero :D
Ba'al is a pragmatist at heart. He'll do what he has to do to survive.
Not to mention, if he succeeds in kicking off the Orii, or being key to that result, he will want certain concessions from the SGC. And if they don't deliver, he has a large group of followers who are highly trained and experienced at overturning governments.

Baal will be much more dangerous after this, or dead.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Whatever happened to General West? You'd think he'd be on the Orii chopping block with Hammond, O'Neill and Landry.

Or am I the only one here who saw the movie?
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I just got caught up, and I don't know if these questions were answered; Where in the Trek chronology does this fic fall? After STIII? After STV? Praxis exploded in 5, so the Klingons wouldn't be in any sort of position to mennace the Feds. Also, is McKay really dead, or is he sarcophagus-savable?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
ElPintoGrande
Youngling

Post by ElPintoGrande »

Actually, Praxis exploded in the opening scene of ST-VI. This story, likewise is set during and after the events of VI. ST-V was where Shatner decided he was good enough to talk to god in a condescending fashion. As for McKay... That's the joy of a sci-fi/comics/soap operas ain't it? No one is really ever dead! Hell, read he pages of X-Men for that. But I digress, Seeing as he was brought back to Atlantis by Nemesis (an ancient) I wouldn't see why she couldn't work her mojo on him, but this IS NecronLord's story so it's up to him. But wouldn't it be enjoyable to read his reaction at being recently deceased?
Yay! Midget Toss!
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Can't wait for the next update

Post by PunkMaister »

Good Lord! O'Neal is dead, Mckay is dead, Washinton DC is gone and Earth is effectively under Orii's control!
The outcome has been far worse than if the SGverse would have never met the STverse in the first place!

So now that all this catastrophe has happened,. what's next and what's left?

Is Starfleet really going to leave the SGverse out to dry? Probably not whilr Kirk and other Starfleet personel like him can help it! 8)
And what if the Orii learn of the STverse and decide to invade it as well?

Regardless of feeling raw like probably many do of seeing our favorite characters such as O'Neill & Mckay being killed I cant wait for the next nstallemtn since now a lot of the questions I've raised do need to be answered! By the way it's been 2 months already!Is an update forthcomming?
Last edited by PunkMaister on 2006-10-01 12:57am, edited 2 times in total.
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

Did you even look at the date of the last post? I thought there was an update!

And it's O'Neill! With two l's. Fucker.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: Can't wait for the next update

Post by NecronLord »

PunkMaister wrote:Good Lord! O'Neal is dead, Mckay is dead, Washinton DC is gone and Earth is effectively under Orii's control!
The outcome has been far worse than if the SGverse would have never met the STverse in the first place!
Not really. It's just I have an unlimited budget to show the Orii beating the shit out of major landmarks, the show doesn't. And McKay's only temporarily dead, they've got goa'uld style sarcophagi, now. For that matter, so's O'Neill, though he may wish to be...

Oh, and I thought it was a bit cheap for the Orii not to immediately head over to the greatest threat and largest single source of potential worshippers in the galaxy - Earth.

So now that all this catastrophe has happened,. what's next and what's left?

Is Starfleet really going to leave the SGverse out to dry? Probably not whilr Kirk and other Starfleet personel like him can help it! 8)
Starfleet Command is rather scared of the sheer potency of the Orii ships. Kirk and co don't want to leave, but, what's he going to do? Defy orders? When's he ever done that? :lol:

And what if the Orii learn of the STverse and decide to invade it as well?
Why do you think they're leaving and shutting down the portal behind them? If you want a spoiler ST 'omnipotents' are not the Ancients. They won't tolerate the Orii rampaging around, and planning to destroy them all. The Organians, various others, and especially Commander Decker (Kirk's CO from TMP), aren't going to stand for it. If the Orii try to invade, they'll actually do something.
Regardless of feeling raw like probably many do of seeing our favorite characters such as O'Neill & Mckay being killed I cant wait for the next nstallemtn since now a lot of the questions I've raised do need to be answered! By the way it's been 2 months already!Is an update forthcomming?
Nope. A sequel is forthcoming. Actually, two. One set on Earth, and one with The ST crew, the Asgard, and the people in Atlantis. Who still have their goa'uld problem.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

EDIT: Oh yes, the IC motivation for the Orii going to Earth first is that, with the greater Tau'ri prescence at the super-gate in this timeline, and the loss of one of their ships, they percieve humans as more of a threat than they otherwise would have. In the same way, their blatant rules lawyering with possessing the Docii directly, and so on, allows for others to start getting involved in ways they wouldn't normally. As shall be seen in the sequel, which I think I shall start, soon.

Look at it from a less Earth-centric view, though. The outcome for the people of Pegasus is very positive. They've been almost totally freed from the opression of the Wraith. Overall, the effects thus far have been good. Just not for Earth. :wink:
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

NecronLord wrote:EDIT: Oh yes, the IC motivation for the Orii going to Earth first is that, with the greater Tau'ri prescence at the super-gate in this timeline, and the loss of one of their ships, they percieve humans as more of a threat than they otherwise would have. In the same way, their blatant rules lawyering with possessing the Docii directly, and so on, allows for others to start getting involved in ways they wouldn't normally. As shall be seen in the sequel, which I think I shall start, soon.
I gathered that was the case when compared to the original timeline in the show. Since the Orii have basically thrown the rule book in this timelien I assume you mean that the ancients are going to get involved as well as opposed to the original timeline as well...
I look forward to both your sequels:
NecronLord wrote:Look at it from a less Earth-centric view, though. The outcome for the people of Pegasus is very positive. They've been almost totally freed from the opression of the Wraith. Overall, the effects thus far have been good. Just not for Earth. :wink:
True enough and you are right off couse but still is a bit hard not to be a bit Earthcentric since it is after all our homeworld. Whose name the way compared to just about every conceivable name of other planets both real and imagined is pretty lame.