Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Fucking Martyball! :banghead:
Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Post by Arrow »

Heheheh... The Redskins won! :mrgreen:

Looks like we finally, finally have an offense. The defensive secondary is MIA, however...
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Bills win.

JP QB rating? 106.1 for those of you not taking notes.

But hats off to the Jets for scaring the shit out of Peyton Manning. What an effort that was.

And the Dolphins, for losing to Houston.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

The Lions got over a big hurdle today. Losing to the Rams proved to be a tough loss, but they came through in the end. It was really close. The St. Louis defense tried to give them a win, but the Lions hung on to the loss. Thank goodness! My dream of 0-16 is still alive.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:The Lions got over a big hurdle today. Losing to the Rams proved to be a tough loss, but they came through in the end. It was really close. The St. Louis defense tried to give them a win, but the Lions hung on to the loss. Thank goodness! My dream of 0-16 is still alive.
0-16 is a blessing compared to dumping the Big One four years running. At least you had the Greatest Show on Turf.
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Sucks to be Hasselbeck.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
Darth Garden Gnome

Falkenhayn wrote:0-16 is a blessing compared to dumping the Big One four years running. At least you had the Greatest Show on Turf.
I think you've got me confused with someone else: I'm a Lions fan mocking how shitty my team is, losing to the Rams despite putting up 34 points.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Bills win but this rope-a-dope playing won't cut it against some of the teams on their schedule.
JADAFETWA
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

They're letting Schottenheimer have it with both barrels on the Union-Tribune's message boards. Like this gem:
Big Bad wrote:What's harder for the camel to do? Pass through the eye of a needle or Marty's sphincter at crunch time?
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

I can't really argue about the Jets' performance against the Colts. They made some mistakes, but they're a young team with a brand-new coach. I was expecting Manning and the Colts to murder them.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

ugh... 41-0. This is the first game this season where I think the actually played a bad game, not just suffered from a few pivitol mistakes.

My buddy sent me this...

Breaking news:

Associated Press (10/1/2006, 4:30 PM PST)

SAN FRANCISCO, (CA)--San Francisco 49ers football practice was in jeopardy of being delayed tomorrow after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Mike Nolan immediately called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to players was the GOAL LINE. Practice will resume at it's normal time Monday after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Fucking asshole. :evil:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Fucking Christ, did they dip the ball in butter tonight?
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:
Falkenhayn wrote:0-16 is a blessing compared to dumping the Big One four years running. At least you had the Greatest Show on Turf.
I think you've got me confused with someone else: I'm a Lions fan mocking how shitty my team is, losing to the Rams despite putting up 34 points.
Egg on my face then.

Bears this weekend. Oh joy. This year's defensive rebuild has worked out pretty well so far, if draft and postseason '07 could happen by say, Wednesday, that would be great.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Falkenhayn wrote: But hats off to the Jets for scaring the shit out of Peyton Manning. What an effort that was.
We looked good.
Really.
We actually looked good.

I can't wait till next year.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ugh...7-7 bad week.

Well, the Raiders have officially decided to get the 1st pick in the draft next year. :roll:

WTF happened to the Bengals?

If Cullpepper looses one more game, you Miami fans can look forward to the Joey Harrington era. :twisted: I'm not sure which commentator said it, but you are now seeing just how good he would have been in Minnesota without Moss and Carter... Oh wait, we saw that last year.

The Ravens and Bears look really good for conferance champs right now. Fuck, is this how good Grossman would have been three years ago, or was it getting a couple of years to learn the system?

Oh and to all you Marty bashers. I don't think he told the 11year vet, Donnie Edwards, to go for the big hit instead of wrapping up like he was taught since pop warner. If he had wrapped up maybe Heap is stopped and they can make a goalline stand and hold them to a FG.
It shit like that that is going to keep the Chargers from winning in the playoffs, not calling more runs than passes.

C'mon, are you really gonna give him shit for loosing to Steve McNair and that Raven defense?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

I can't really find much fault in the Jets loss. They put up one hell of a fight, and like they did against the Pats, they didn't give up until the game was over. Already they are doing far better than I expected this season. My shame at being a diehard Jets fan is greatly diminished this season :P
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

4 and 0 baby!

I had to leave the game at halftime, but I heard the rest on the radio. I was glad that I didn't drive off the road when Heap scored the go-ahead touchdown.

I distinctly remember thinking at halftime: "You know, for as bad as the Ravens have played, we are still just a touchdown away from winning."

Bring on the Broncos! :twisted:
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

havokeff wrote:If Cullpepper looses one more game, you Miami fans can look forward to the Joey Harrington era. :twisted: I'm not sure which commentator said it, but you are now seeing just how good he would have been in Minnesota without Moss and Carter... Oh wait, we saw that last year.
Kinda makes you wonder how good the 2002 and 2003 Vikes' offenses would've been if they had had a real quarterback. Even when he was in Minnesota, Culpepper fumbled constantly and had poor accuracy. Without top-notch receivers and a strong offensive line, and with the crutch of his mobility removed, Culpepper has been more exposed than Congressman Foley.
Oh and to all you Marty bashers. I don't think he told the 11year vet, Donnie Edwards, to go for the big hit instead of wrapping up like he was taught since pop warner. If he had wrapped up maybe Heap is stopped and they can make a goalline stand and hold them to a FG.
It shit like that that is going to keep the Chargers from winning in the playoffs, not calling more runs than passes.
I'm pretty sure it was Merriman who went for the kill shot and had the best chance of stopping Heap. Also, Shottenheimer's criticized because his strategy of running when ahead is used even if it's not working to get first downs (a prerequisite to running out the clock). He doesn't even retain the pass as a threat to keep opposing defenses honest, and runs against eight-man boxes regularly rather than opting for a play-action.
C'mon, are you really gonna give him shit for loosing to Steve McNair and that Raven defense?
Yes. He had a chance to win the game, and he didn't do it. He even gave the Raiders a chance to come back a couple weeks ago with three straight 3-and-outs triggered by running plays.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Straha wrote: I can't wait till next year.
Neither can I. If by the end of this season, JP and Fairchild have figured out how to land the god damn knock out on teams...

In all honesty, Mangini has got all the tools. He's taking the long chances because he's got to prove to his team that they can pull out the big play. Dick Jauron is doing the same thing.

There's just a nagging sensation in the back of my head that they're putting too much on "The moment" when they are successful as the fulcrum for that team's intangibles.
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:The Lions got over a big hurdle today. Losing to the Rams proved to be a tough loss, but they came through in the end. It was really close. The St. Louis defense tried to give them a win, but the Lions hung on to the loss. Thank goodness! My dream of 0-16 is still alive.
And I thought they couldn't get any worse with Harrington at QB. Wow, that team is bad. Has anybody other than Saban taken a sniff at Charles Rogers?

It really is too bad Grossman took those injuries in his first two years - I get the feeling that he's still essentially a rookie quarterback. I think he could be set to break into superstardom in a year or two. The Bears defense right now is every bit as good as the '84 Bears were. They are just a mean, hard hitting bunch of bad asses. They could go undefeated against their division this year.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Niners need to give Charles Rodgers AND Ahmad Carroll a call this week.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Garden Gnome

havokeff wrote:The Niners need to give Charles Rodgers AND Ahmad Carroll a call this week.
You only get Chuckie for a first-rounder, man. :P
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

havokeff wrote:The Niners need to give Charles Rodgers AND Ahmad Carroll a call this week.
Why would they bother with those two wankers? Their lack of talent on defense is what's getting them killed.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well I personaly believe a change of scenery is good for some players. I think Rodgers has been humbled and is ready to work his tail off so that he doesn't fall into NFL obscurity, which he is in danger of doing. Rodgers may be a dumbass at times, but it wasn't his fault that he broke BOTH his collar bones his first two years in the league. Carroll would provide a little speed and depth to our defense.

I like where we are at right now, but the team is still rebuilding and adding talent is never a bad idea.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

So is everyone off of the Cardinals as the sleaper choice of the year bandwagon yet?

That no O-line thing is killing them. I'm also kind of wishing that they'd drafted Vince Young instead of Leinart (not that Young was still around by their choice) but at least young looks like he could survive running for his life when the protection craps out.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.