tattoo, yay or nay

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

drifter god
Rabid Monkey

tattoo, yay or nay

Post by drifter god »

just trying to get a second opinion on this design. truth be told the design really isnt my own, but i did hack it apart and put it back together completely differently to come up with this. i also added the latin. the writting says "live, to live as best one can." which can also be read as "live life to the fullest."

so what do you think. still needs some work im aware.

here is a more up to date version, removed the vertical lines.

i work for the cable company, i make sure all the channels work :)
BotM
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I gotta go with "nay" buddy. The tribal design is pretty played out as far as tattoos go. Unless the design has a real or deep personal meaning. And if you haven't heard it before, once you decide on a design, wait six months and if at the end you still want it, then do it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

havokeff wrote:I gotta go with "nay" buddy. The tribal design is pretty played out as far as tattoos go. Unless the design has a real or deep personal meaning. And if you haven't heard it before, once you decide on a design, wait six months and if at the end you still want it, then do it.
Like a horse, I too must nay.

In addition to what havokeff said, I don't really like the juxtaposition of the Latin alphabet and a tribal design.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

I think i´s cool, but like the others said, tribals are just so overused.

They´re like "No woman, now cry" basicly a good song, but so overplayed that it´s boring as hell while there are tons of other brillant Bob Marley songs out there which are never played on the stations.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I've got quite into tatoo's recently and am quite friendly with several tatoo artists. It basically comes down to this question. "sure it may look cool now, but will you still feel the same way about it in 10 or 20 years time?" Think long and hard becuase as painful as it is to get the tatoo it'll hurt a million times more getting it removed.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

I don´t know anybody who regrets getting a tatoo. Or at least they don´t admit it.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

salm wrote:I don´t know anybody who regrets getting a tatoo. Or at least they don´t admit it.
My uncle did.
JADAFETWA
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Lord Pounder wrote:Think long and hard becuase as painful as it is to get the tatoo
It is not painful painful at all. I got one back in February and I plan to get another when I decide what I want.
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Lord Pounder wrote:I've got quite into tatoo's recently and am quite friendly with several tatoo artists. It basically comes down to this question. "sure it may look cool now, but will you still feel the same way about it in 10 or 20 years time?"
Especially if it's your GF's name, and you're not into long term relationships. :lol:
Seriously though, that's good advice.
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
ImpishAngel
Padawan Learner

Post by ImpishAngel »

I don't regret mine... course it's still very fresh.
But I also have to agree with everyone else, it seems that *everyone* has tribal.
Find something really personal to you...