havokeff is drawing (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Those are awesome! Did you go to art school?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Noble Ire wrote:
havokeff wrote:Hope you like it Noble
Very, very much so. Thanks a lot. :)

If you ever need any other ideas, let me know. I've got quite a backlog of them, and most aren't even realized in my rough sketches. :wink:
Request away. And your welcome.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'd still like to see some examples that are much looser, like rough sketch quality. Come on, man, put some energy into it! :P

Plus, you've mentioned that you do individual drawings during a whole lunch break, which makes them suffer sometimes. Might I also recommend doing some over multiple days?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

havokeff wrote:Request away. And your welcome.
Well, there are a few species of my own invention I've been having some difficulty fully visualizing. If you can base anything off of these brief descriptions, I'd be eager to see your interpretations:

Brimafel

Tall, moderately muscular humanoids with shallow lines running vertically down their rough, dark skin. They completely lack hair, possess four fingers on each hand, and their eyes are matte black, save for a pair of small, white pupils set in each.

Clift'mal

Tall, slender insectoids with light-colored exoskeletons, two sets of long, segmented arms, and small, slitted, compund eyes. Their joint plates are slightly pointed, and their heads bear an angular, down-pointed shape. They have a penchant for flowing, sheer robes.

Chall

Short, stocky insectoids with compact, armored bodies and heads, with two arms and two thick legs. They have large, compound eyes, and four, spade-like fingers on each 'hand'. The aliens also have promient, articulated jaw mandibles. Think of a Tolkien-esque dwarf for reference.

Gengee

Average-sized humanoids with two pairs of arms jutting from the thick, grayish plate that covers their torso and body (the 'suit' is loose, though, with small open spaces of sinewy flesh at joints between segements). Like Clift'mal, their body plates are somewhat pointed. Their lower set of hands consist of three slender, segmented 'fingers' each, while the upper ones have only two, with a large claw in between them. The Gengee exoskeletal head is shaped like a blocky helmet, with several slits on each of four sides rather than eyes. A single, globular interior eye can swivel within the skull to face any direction from behind the slits. They don't wear clothing beyond utility belts and cloaks.

I'm not really hell bent on seeing any of these in particular, but if you have the time for any, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to monopolize your talent with my musings, though.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

They're looking very sharp, but one thing I might suggest is more focus on shading/value scales and less on linework (which may be contributing to the lack of 'depth'). Your linework suggests work to be inked (high pencil contrast only), but I believe you said that you don't ink your images? If you're restricted to pencil, it might be best to put more value in to indicate lighting :).
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Noble: I'll see what I can do.

Spanky: Was the uncircumsized barbarian close to what you are looking for? Sketchy wise? And I can't draw at home 'cause I seem to spend all my fucking free time on here!! :lol:

Pick: Shading takes too long on lunch for less than an hour and I rarely go back to a quick sketch. Even if I wanted to, I don't have most of them anymore. I'll give you some shading on one of the next ones and see what you think. I really like your school sketches, by the way. I haven't commented on your thread 'cause I'm not a fan of manga and don't want to say anything to offend, but your use of color and style is exquisite. You got a shit load of skill there. Hmm.. I 'spose I could have said that.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Keep it commin' if you have the time.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Those are awesome! Did you go to art school?
Nope. Just a kid that hated running so my P.E. teacher made me sit inside and I drew to pass the time. First stick figures, then I would trace my GIjoes and then fill in the space, then I didn't need the Joes no more. That was all around 2nd grade. Then, just alot of time spent drawing.

I would have gone to art school, but I couldn't find one that didn't want to force me to do shit I didn't like, like paint or charcoal or figure drawing. I already knew how to do all that and I didn't want to pay someone so that I can sit around and do it again. I also get absolutely NO satisfaction from drawing vases and apples. I really only like to draw with my little mechanical pencil. I can do pretty much everything else, I just don't like it. Oh, except oil paint. I've never tried it cause it's messy :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

havokeff wrote:Spanky: Was the uncircumsized barbarian close to what you are looking for? Sketchy wise?
Somewhat close, though I'm starting to think that what I'd like to see aimed for could just be partially incompatible with your overal drawing style.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
havokeff wrote:Spanky: Was the uncircumsized barbarian close to what you are looking for? Sketchy wise?
Somewhat close, though I'm starting to think that what I'd like to see aimed for could just be partially incompatible with your overal drawing style.
Could you supply a close example?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Not really. Definately not at this time, no. Sorry.

Just remember to loosen up and draw with energy. Try doing stuff in only 30, 20, and 10 minutes.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Brimafel

Close to what you imagined? Sorry about the t-shirt and slacks. I didn't know what else to have him wear :D
You also didn't say anything about an opposable thumb, so I literally gave him four fingers. The outside two are turned inward towards each other to allow for grasping.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Close to what you imagined? Sorry about the t-shirt and slacks. I didn't know what else to have him wear
I like it. The skin texturing is excellent, and his expression is appropriately sour. I had imagined them with a pair of pupils in each eye, but I wasn't exactly clear on that in my brief description.

As for clothing, what he's wearing, though a bit to human-ish, is reasonable enough, although their shirts generally have longer, looser sleeves.
You also didn't say anything about an opposable thumb, so I literally gave him four fingers. The outside two are turned inward towards each other to allow for grasping.
I like what you did with the hands, overall. They had always been intended with opposable thumbs, but I hadn't really considered the number of fingers, for them at least.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Co-worker request. I like this one.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Another request. A little Maul wank for ya.
This is going to be the last one of these types of quick drawings, as I'm going to take Spanky's advice (Is that a good idea?) and put more time into them.

Feel free to keep making requests as I get bored with drawing the same stuff.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The revision is perfect, havokeff. Thanks a lot. :)
The Rift
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hope this doesn't count as a necro, but I didn't think I needed another thread of me being bored and sketching/drawing.

Inspired by Rye and Tasoth and the drawings they posted recently.

For Supes

Just an idea of an ancient Sith warrior.

To break up all the buff guy violence
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I really like the Sith warrior. Even as a simple sketch, I like how you've captured his movement, and the simplified Vader helmet looks excellent.
The Rift
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I have to say that I think you've got some good skills going on there, Hav. You'd probably do really well if you gave yourself more time to draw; as Spanky suggests, over a number of days. Finding time to incrementally work on a piece might be hard, but how knows what you might produce?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Havokeff is the man when it comes to drawing. I would nominate him for some kind of cool award, if I could. :P
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Havekoff - If you're happy to, I'd like to get some feedback from others on the style of the ones that you've done for me thus far... Plus, I think that they're totally awesome and deserve to be seen.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Sure thing. I'll put them in another thread though so they don't get lost in the shuffle.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Found some more older ones. Think The Muffin King might like these, but I'm just guessing :wink:

These guys go to a story called Blank Yellow.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Freakin sweet! I especially like the one mech with the tanks in the background. Very actiony!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Havokeff if you're still taking requests I'd got few characters from story idea I got that need visualization, but I lack the talent to do that myself.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n