Who would you cast as a new A-Team?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Who would you cast as a new A-Team?

Post by Gandalf »

I recently rented and have quite enjoyed Season 1 of the A Team.

A wander around IMDb also implies that there is a new A-Team film in the works. So this got me thinking, who would be in a new film based on the series?

Is there an actor alive who could recreate BA Barracus?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I don't know about BA, but I played around with the idea before and came up with George Clooney as Hannibal and Brad Pitt as Face. Couldn't think of the others. Perhaps Jim Carrey as Murdock.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

well the hollywood pic for BA would probablly be Micheal Clarck Duncan and it wouldn't be too bad.

Bruce Willis as Hannibal
Brad Pitt as Face would be good
Crispin Glover would be a good Murdoch, but I don't think he would have chemistry with the rest of the cast so maybe Jim Carrey

Is there another one? It seems like I'm forgetting someone... :?:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

The girl.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh yeah there was a different girl every episode wasn't there.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

havokeff wrote:Oh yeah there was a different girl every episode wasn't there.
Actually, no. Amy Allen was in S1 and part of S2. Then there was Tawnia Baker in S2 and S3 I believe.

There was also another member in S5.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

havokeff wrote:well the hollywood pic for BA would probablly be Micheal Clarck Duncan and it wouldn't be too bad.

Bruce Willis as Hannibal
Based on "Jimmy the Tulip" and "Corben Dallas", yeah... Willis could play Hannibal.
Not quite sure on that one, but for the moment I can't think of a better Faceman.

A second on Michael Clark-Duncan as B.A.
Crispin Glover would be a good Murdoch, but I don't think he would have chemistry with the rest of the cast so maybe Jim Carrey
Is Glover even still acting? Last I saw of him he was well on his way to the puzzle-house and I've not heard of anything he's done since then. Jim Carrey is annoying, but a strong enough director can sit on him. Johnny Depp would make a good Murdoch but you'll never get him for the part these days.
The Amy Allen or Tawnia Baker character, or the fifth team member they had when they were working for Gen. Stockwell.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Who would you cast as a new A-Team?

Post by General Zod »

Gandalf wrote:
No. That said, the only way to do a successful new A-Team would be to make it a completely different team on a similar premise, instead of trying to (poorly) recreate the original cast.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

General Zod wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
No. That said, the only way to do a successful new A-Team would be to make it a completely different team on a similar premise, instead of trying to (poorly) recreate the original cast.
Unless it's still set in the same time period they'd have to update it to something after Vietnam anyway.
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

I pity the fool who thinks Mr. T can be replaced.... :P
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

I always thought Ving Rhames would be a good BA. :lol:
Last edited by Damaramu on 2006-10-15 09:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Faqa wrote:I pity the fool who thinks Mr. T can be replaced.... :P
Why replace him? He's still on this side of the grass, and I bet he'd work cheap. :D

Seriously, though, I like Ving Rhames as BA, Jim Carrey as Murdoch, George Clooney as Hannibal, and Leonardo di Caprio as Face. As long as he gets brutally killed in the first fifteen minutes of the movie. :twisted:
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

havokeff wrote:well the hollywood pic for BA would probablly be Micheal Clarck Duncan and it wouldn't be too bad.
He wouldn't be too bad, but I would go with Ving Rhames
Bruce Willis as Hannibal

Not bad!
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

General Zod wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
I agree. At the same time I would also Like to see the Surviving Members of the A-Team play a important role in the Film. It would be like a passing of the torch.

-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

THEHOOLIGANJEDI wrote:I agree. At the same time I would also Like to see the Surviving Members of the A-Team play a important role in the Film. It would be like a passing of the torch.
I doubt it. It would likely only be used as a gimmick. More Starsky and Hutch than Tom Zarek.
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

neoolong wrote:
THEHOOLIGANJEDI wrote:I agree. At the same time I would also Like to see the Surviving Members of the A-Team play a important role in the Film. It would be like a passing of the torch.
I doubt it. It would likely only be used as a gimmick. More Starsky and Hutch than Tom Zarek.
Yeah, I know. That's how Hollywood works.

Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

SCRawl wrote:
Faqa wrote:I pity the fool who thinks Mr. T can be replaced.... :P
Why replace him? He's still on this side of the grass, and I bet he'd work cheap. :D

Seriously, though, I like Ving Rhames as BA, Jim Carrey as Murdoch, George Clooney as Hannibal, and Leonardo di Caprio as Face. As long as he gets brutally killed in the first fifteen minutes of the movie. :twisted:
that is a pretty good casting job, maybe use Matt Damon as Face instead.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

neoolong wrote:
In the SWAT movie, they gave the actor who played Deacon (played by LL Cool J in the movie) in the original TV series a bit part as Deacon's father, and the actor who played Hondo had a cameo right at the end as the SWAT van driver.

If Robert Urich would have still been alive, I wonder what bit part they'd have come up with for him?
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

General Zod wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
No? Why not? He was sterotypical bad ass black guy that wore lots of jewlrey, drank milk and was afraid to fly, with a bad attitude... shouldn't be that hard to replace.

If you are making a movie, you recast the original characters. If it were a new TV show then you would do a completely different set of characters on the same premise.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)