W.I.P. T-62 Model Mod

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

W.I.P. T-62 Model Mod

Post by TheMuffinKing »

A T-62 tank model, built and modified by yours truely. I don't think my mod would be functional, or even a good idea. I just wanted to see what it looks like.

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

You shall give me your T-62. Now. And take those horrid skirts off
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Side skirts FTW! I want my stand off armor plates!
fusion
Jedi Knight

Post by fusion »

If you paint the skirts also I would want it! (eventhough I could do that my self)
It just looks too starking on the second two, the first one looked ok.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Yeah, I have to go out and buy paint next paycheck. I hope that tones the skirts down a wee bit.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

The only problem I see is that sticking out as far as they do, the plates would probably be ripped off as soon as the driver clips a corner and hits a light pole or whatever. Heck, German Schurzen were frequently damaged or sheared off entirely, and most of those arrangements didn't stick out so far. Then again, the cage armor we see on Strykers and other vehicles in Iraq seem to stick out a similar distance from those as this armor does on your T-62. But the cage armor might be higher off of the ground.

Anyway, nice job so far. Is that Tamiya's T-62?
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

MKSheppard wrote:You shall give me your T-62. Now. And take those horrid skirts off
this is getting pretty hot Image
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Schurzen! Wooo!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

FSTargetDrone wrote:The only problem I see is that sticking out as far as they do, the plates would probably be ripped off as soon as the driver clips a corner and hits a light pole or whatever. Heck, German Schurzen were frequently damaged or sheared off entirely, and most of those arrangements didn't stick out so far. Then again, the cage armor we see on Strykers and other vehicles in Iraq seem to stick out a similar distance from those as this armor does on your T-62. But the cage armor might be higher off of the ground.

Anyway, nice job so far. Is that Tamiya's T-62?
They do stick out too far, I got lazy and rushed gluing them on without cutting the rivet shanks I found lying around. Eh, live and learn. My next project should be a little more reasonable.
Oh, yes, it is the Tamiya T-62 model. The whole thing ent together pretty quickly but came with some spare parts that I think are for an electric motor.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Needs speedholes