Requiem for a dream can make anything epic.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Major Maxillary
Youngling

Requiem for a dream can make anything epic.

Post by Major Maxillary »

There is no such thing as 'too much firepower' because there is no such thing as 'negative dead'.
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

Too bad that's not Reqiuem for a Dream. Not technically, anyway. That's the re-recording they did specifically for The Two Towers trailer, as done by Ajax Productions. It's far more epic than anything on the actual Reqiuem for a Dream soundtrack.

EDIT: I'd add a comment to the video saying as much, but apparently YouTube is retarded and doesn't remember that I've already confirmed my e-mail five times this morning.
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Off to AMP
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Major Maxillary
Youngling

McC wrote:Too bad that's not Reqiuem for a Dream. Not technically, anyway. That's the re-recording they did specifically for The Two Towers trailer, as done by Ajax Productions. It's far more epic than anything on the actual Reqiuem for a Dream soundtrack.

EDIT: I'd add a comment to the video saying as much, but apparently YouTube is retarded and doesn't remember that I've already confirmed my e-mail five times this morning.
I'm intriqued at the prospect of there being another version of this epic song.

show me?
There is no such thing as 'too much firepower' because there is no such thing as 'negative dead'.
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

I think posting mp3s is against board policy, unfortunately. ;)
-Ryan McClure-
Scaper - Browncoat - Warsie (semi-movie purist) - Colonial - TNG/DS9-era Trekker - Hero || BOTM - Maniac || Antireligious naturalist
Major Maxillary
Youngling

McC wrote:I think posting mp3s is against board policy, unfortunately. ;)
You could IM me a link to the band, though.
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Technically, this version's commonly, if not officially, known as Requiem for a Tower, so if you're lookin' around for it that'd be a better place to start.

...dammit, now I've got to go listen to it.
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

What's the deal with the crashing Trek ship on an ice world? Voyager?

I am also interesting in finding this remix. Where would be a legal way to go about it?

Lastly, this Star Wars trailer set to the US nBSG opening theme is way cooler.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Major Maxillary
Youngling

Sharpshooter wrote:Technically, this version's commonly, if not officially, known as Requiem for a Tower, so if you're lookin' around for it that'd be a better place to start.

Oh, you mean the Two towers remix? I've got that one.
RogueIce wrote:I am also interesting in finding this remix. Where would be a legal way to go about it?
buy it?

there's no completely "Legal" way other than that.
Last edited by Major Maxillary on 2006-10-20 09:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
McC
Rabid Monkey

Post by McC »

Sharpshooter wrote:Technically, this version's commonly, if not officially, known as Requiem for a Tower, so if you're lookin' around for it that'd be a better place to start.

Is that what it's called? I've always heard it referred to as Requiem for the Ring.

EDIT: And I just noticed that this is post #2222 for me. Huzzah.
-Ryan McClure-
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Major Maxillary wrote:
McC wrote:Too bad that's not Reqiuem for a Dream. Not technically, anyway. That's the re-recording they did specifically for The Two Towers trailer, as done by Ajax Productions. It's far more epic than anything on the actual Reqiuem for a Dream soundtrack.

I'm intriqued at the prospect of there being another version of this epic song.

show me?
A randomly selected YTMND out of the many featuring the original Lux Aeterna from Requiem for a Dream. As you can hear, it is not nearly as epic as the Two Towers trailer remix.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician