Silver Bullet (more 40k art)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Feil
Jedi Council Member

Silver Bullet (more 40k art)

Post by Feil »

I need to get out of the 40k groove and do some original stuff...
Or do I?

Silver Bullet

Colored Pencil with a bit of charcole and graphite pencil. Color-corrected in GIMP because the scanner is in collusion with the Ruinous Powers and corrupts the color balance of my artwork.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'm not to familiar with 40k, but I'm always a bigger fan of original work. Nice though.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well that sister is getting bionics upgrades soon, and damn with the shaved head I would guess she's just a novice (sister of battle answer to space marine scouts, which doesn't exist in current fluff...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Just a little note, something seems off about the handle of the chainsword...the angles dont add up...otherwise, not bad at all.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

I like it a lot, though the right arm of the female seems too short. Did you color this in GIMP?
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Un-aided colored pencil, basically.

I had to mess with brightness and contrast and had to do a bit of airbrushing of the face and muzzel flash, because the scanner isn't of the highest quality, and likes to make every color bolder and darker; I took the opportunity to darken the background and brighten the subject to add a better sence of depth.

As for the chainsword, I suppose I'll need to fix that at some point.