NFL Football Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Un-the fuck-believable. Why not? Why not lose on a 61 yard field goal?

Jesus fucking Christ, what a fuckup of a game. I think I'm going to go throw up too.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

That was an amazing kick, one of the best in NFL history for sure.

Chargers currently driving with the clock running out, and if you happened to bet any money on the Houston Texans this week, you are going to be a very happy man when you collect. Jacksonville played much beter as an underdog, now they're right where a lot of people expected them to be after 6 weeks.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Elfdart wrote: Aw fuck it: Lions > Jets
:lol:

The Jets defense tried to make a game of it, but the Lions looked deep down inside and found the loss that they needed to push for the #1 pick...
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Spoke too season about San Diego as the Chiefs manage to win as time expires.

Thriller going on right now in Atlanta. Roethlisberger went down badly earlier, but Charlie Batch might be able to salvage this one for the Steelers.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Garden Gnome

Fuckin' A. When fucking Roethlisberger was hurt last year Batch threw for like 300 goddamn yards and like three TDs before he broke his hand in the middle of the game. They won earlier in the year when Big Ben was still motorcycle'd, and now that motherfucker might pull one out for the Steelers here.

Where the fuck was Batch the Almighty when he was the big man in Detroit? Oh right, playing like fucking shit, like every one else to roll through Motown. Fucking hate this goddamn team.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

RedImperator wrote:Un-the fuck-believable. Why not? Why not lose on a 61 yard field goal?
MWAUAHAHHAHA.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Note: ESPN says it was actually 62 yards. One yard short of tying the NFL record.
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

Qwerty 42 wrote:Holy crap, but did the Tampa Bay kicker come through.
So did Jake Delhomme. But whoops: he came through for the opposing team. Great interception pass, Jake-O! :roll:

Mother of fuck! :banghead: I realize it was 3rd and 10ish, but one of these days, the Panther's have got to play it cool when Fox wants to take a chance; and when he's ready to be predictably boring and conservative, mix things the fuck up and go for it. I've lost count of the number of times we've kicked the damn ball away on 4th and short while behind on the board and while well within the other team's territory!
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

phongn wrote:
RedImperator wrote:Un-the fuck-believable. Why not? Why not lose on a 61 yard field goal?
MWAUAHAHHAHA.
Just for that, I should nuke Tampa Bay in HI, except I've already done that.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Arrow
Jedi Council Member

Post by Arrow »

I'm just about convinced that the Colts bought the refs. They've making some bullshit calls.
Artillery. Its what's for dinner.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Watches Arizona V Oakland game, points and laughs.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Yeah, the Redskins are getting zebraed pretty good. Boy this shaping up to be a great week. :roll:

Every fucking score is a case of BOHICA. I don't think I got a single one right yet except the Patriots over the Bills.
:banghead:
Darth Garden Gnome

Hope you didn't pick 'Hawks over Vikes. Darrell Jackson just cost them a game. He caught a pass on third down beyond the sticks, then turned around, lost the first down, and tried to get cute running east-west. That shit is fucking amateur hour; definately not what I expected from a player of his caliber.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Oakland has thier first home victory in over a year against the Cards... I couldn't be more proud :twisted:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Oakland has thier first home victory in over a year against the Cards... I couldn't be more proud :twisted:
I honestly didn't think the loss to the Bears was going to effect them this badly. The Cards need to start scouting which offensive lineman they are going to take in the first three rounds with the 1st pick in each one. :(

On the flip side I am happy the Raiders won. I can only make so many witty "Raiders suck" comments before they start getting stale. They also made the right decision by keeping Walters as their future QB and not drafting Lienart.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

As a true Niner fan Havok, I know you don't really mean that. Raider jokes NEVER get stale.

Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

I hope some of the Leinart-love dies down after his underwhelming performance today. Man, those promos with him strutting around in that coat and sunglasses like a fashion model are getting old. I guess Joey Harrington is the cure the Packers need. All other things aside, I have to insist that today's biggest surprise was the Texans laying the smack down on the Jaguars. Wow. And, don't look now, but here come the Patriots...
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

All I know is that when I turned on ESPN to watch it was World Series Poker. They'd replaced a real sport with the biggest mickey-mouse corporate-driven sport to ever plague television. :evil:
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

RedImperator wrote:
phongn wrote:
MWAUAHAHHAHA.
Just for that, I should nuke Tampa Bay in HI, except I've already done that.
McNabb got sick too early.

Damnation. CanNOT lose like that, to a team like that.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

thejester wrote:All I know is that when I turned on ESPN to watch it was World Series Poker. They'd replaced a real sport with the biggest mickey-mouse corporate-driven sport to ever plague television. :evil:
Well ESPN wasn't going to run anything big tonight, Hell even NBC didn't run Sunday Night Football at all because of the World Series.

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Hope you didn't pick 'Hawks over Vikes. Darrell Jackson just cost them a game. He caught a pass on third down beyond the sticks, then turned around, lost the first down, and tried to get cute running east-west. That shit is fucking amateur hour; definately not what I expected from a player of his caliber.
The days of Charlie Joiner running a 15-yard pattern on 3rd-and-10 (and that was before they put those safety orange 1st down markers on the field) and making sure to move the chains are but a distant memory. Only Marvin Harrison is reliable to get the first down these days.

Yeah I picked the Seahawks. 2 and 10 with one to go tonight. Utter humiliation.
Kyle
Padawan Learner

Post by Kyle »

I'm just going to let chad speak for me on this weeks Bengals game. “It was past ballsy,” speaking about the fourth and one call “That was Scarface shit.” Sounds right to me, that play turned the momentum of that game around.
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
thejester wrote:All I know is that when I turned on ESPN to watch it was World Series Poker. They'd replaced a real sport with the biggest mickey-mouse corporate-driven sport to ever plague television. :evil:
Well ESPN wasn't going to run anything big tonight, Hell even NBC didn't run Sunday Night Football at all because of the World Series.
Well the Giants/Cowboys game is on in 10 minutes, thank Christ.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

End of the 1st and Manning has already thrown a 50yd touchdown which, combined with a touchback against the 'Statue of Liberty' has put the Giant 9-0 up.

- Ron Wilson
Darth Garden Gnome

So, Monday night. Bwahahahaha, Cowboys suck, Owens sucks.

Tony Kornheiser is an enormous gaping vagina.

I knew the Giants were in trouble when they decided fucking RW McQuarters should cover TO. I saw him last year as the Lions CB (and sometimes kick returner). The part where he stood around playing with his dick in the endzone when TO made his TD grab and when he took that 15 yard penalty are standard issue for that loser.

And finally: does anyone else find that "don't beat you wife" ad to be a little weird? I definately WTF'd.