THe Penguin is the smartest man in the DCverse

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

THe Penguin is the smartest man in the DCverse

Post by MKSheppard »

Nuff Said.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Then the Batman appears, and at the prospect of being not murdered horribly but just sent to jail and then released a while later, the Penguin lays an egg and shits himself and pisses all over.

This is why Batman is awesome. He looks all so dark and mean, but we all know he wuvs his villains. He's got a sensitive side, not like that prick Frank. All of Frank's villains either hate him or are dead.

I think Batman's fearsome reputation is built upon the criminal's fear of being smothered to death in bat-hugs, bat-cuddles and bat-kisses, as well as bat-mites :lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Then the Batman appears, and at the prospect of being not murdered horribly but just sent to jail and then released a while later, the Penguin lays an egg and shits himself and pisses all over.

This is why Batman is awesome. He looks all so dark and mean, but we all know he wuvs his villains. He's got a sensitive side, not like that prick Frank. All of Frank's villains either hate him or are dead.

I think Batman's fearsome reputation is built upon the criminal's fear of being smothered to death in bat-hugs, bat-cuddles and bat-kisses, as well as bat-mites :lol:
Didn't Batman sever some gang member's spine awhile back?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Battlehymn Republic
Jedi Council Member

Post by Battlehymn Republic »

Maybe it was Castle in a costume.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Molyneux wrote:Didn't Batman sever some gang member's spine awhile back?
And he got his severed, when he could've shot Bane in the face and spared himself the trouble.

With all this ninja shit, can't Batman just sneak behind folks like the Joker and push him down a stairway? The cops won't go after Bats if Joker died that way. Yeah, I know, personal code and morals, but still. He could use his abilities to render the Joker into a cripple. Or break his arms and legs.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
And he got his severed, when he could've shot Bane in the face and spared himself the trouble.

With all this ninja shit, can't Batman just sneak behind folks like the Joker and push him down a stairway? The cops won't go after Bats if Joker died that way. Yeah, I know, personal code and morals, but still. He could use his abilities to render the Joker into a cripple. Or break his arms and legs.
Isn't Bane bulletproof?
xammer99
Padawan Learner

Post by xammer99 »

Molyneux wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:

Isn't Bane bulletproof?
So? Run him over with the batmobile or whip out the bat-rpg or set off the bat-nuke. The point being, batman is a lame hero because he never solves anything. He just temporarily locks up the bad guy and rinses and repeats. He's like a bad doctor that doesn't solve problems but only works on the symptoms so he can stay in business.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Molyneux wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:

Isn't Bane bulletproof?
No he isn't, not even with the Venom pumping.
(And these days he doesn't use Venom anymore, it's all natural muscles).
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fuck, Bat doesn't even need bullets. Shoot a bat-airtaser-gun at Bane and watch the brute spasm and wet himself and convulse till he bites off his own tongue.

No, I'm not a nice person.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

The problem with introducing Castle is he'd go on a rampage that would keep the GPD busy for the next millennium. Can you imagine the body count from Joker's goons alone?
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:The problem with introducing Castle is he'd go on a rampage that would keep the GPD busy for the next millennium. Can you imagine the body count from Joker's goons alone?
Going by the absurd criminal body count Gotham City runs up in Hitman, Castle would probably go completely unnoticed. He wouldn't even get a chance to take a break from killing mobsters to go after supervillain goons. Days like Castle's rampage after the desecration of his family are known in the Cauldron as 'Tuesday', for some archaic reason.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

No offense, Admiral, but how would the Joker army even remain around enough for Frank to rack up a continuing kill count? :lol:
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

consequences wrote:He wouldn't even get a chance to take a break from killing mobsters to go after supervillain goons. Days like Castle's rampage after the desecration of his family are known in the Cauldron as 'Tuesday', for some archaic reason.
What's all this??
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Edward Yee wrote:
consequences wrote:He wouldn't even get a chance to take a break from killing mobsters to go after supervillain goons. Days like Castle's rampage after the desecration of his family are known in the Cauldron as 'Tuesday', for some archaic reason.
What's all this??
Hitman, written by Garth Ennis, set in mainline DC(although it's a far more Vertigo-like title).

During the course of the sixty issues and tie-ins, there's only a dozen or so occasions when massive gunfights breaking the 20-plus fatality mark happen on-screen, quite often on the city streets. Something like 90% of these kills are of the organised criminal element, which never seems to lose steam or suffer from a lack of new recruits.

I'm exagerrating a little in regards to hundred plus body counts being known as Tuesday, but not much. They certainly aren't unknown.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

consequences wrote:I'm exagerrating a little in regards to hundred plus body counts being known as Tuesday, but not much. They certainly aren't unknown.
Actually, for Castle, that's SOP. Look at the opening for Punisher MAX; he guns down a entire mansion full of mobsters, then wipes out a biker gang, later on etc etc.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

MKSheppard wrote:
consequences wrote:I'm exagerrating a little in regards to hundred plus body counts being known as Tuesday, but not much. They certainly aren't unknown.
Actually, for Castle, that's SOP. Look at the opening for Punisher MAX; he guns down a entire mansion full of mobsters, then wipes out a biker gang, later on etc etc.
And that would be one of the myriad reasons why the Punisher sucks.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Molyneux wrote:And that would be one of the myriad reasons why the Punisher sucks.
:wtf: :wanker: :wtf:

How can a man whose idea of dealing with dozens of enemies is to do this:

Suck, compared to Batman, whose idea of dealing with dozens of enemies is to use the batarang, and get up close and hand to hand, and defeat them with his l33t uberninja skillz?

Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

MKSheppard wrote:How can a man whose idea of dealing with dozens of enemies is to do this:

*snip*

Suck, compared to Batman, whose idea of dealing with dozens of enemies is to use the batarang, and get up close and hand to hand, and defeat them with his l33t uberninja skillz?
Guns are the great equalizer. It's not impressive for someone to win a fight if he has massive firearms advantage.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

MKSheppard wrote:
Molyneux wrote:And that would be one of the myriad reasons why the Punisher sucks.

*image snipped*

Because it's about as heroic as winning a bar fight with the aid of a chainsaw. Hell, Marv from Sin City (the movie, as I have yet to read the comics) was more heroic than the Punisher, and he's no hero.
MadSorcerer
Redshirt

Post by MadSorcerer »

Molyneux wrote: Because it's about as heroic as winning a bar fight with the aid of a chainsaw. Hell, Marv from Sin City (the movie, as I have yet to read the comics) was more heroic than the Punisher, and he's no hero.
It may not be "heroic" but it's effective.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Molyneux wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:

*image snipped*

Because it's about as heroic as winning a bar fight with the aid of a chainsaw. Hell, Marv from Sin City (the movie, as I have yet to read the comics) was more heroic than the Punisher, and he's no hero.
Uhm, no shit? The Punisher's never really been protrayed as a hero. He might stop to help someone out along the way, but the main reason he goes after criminals is because he enjoys it. They've flat out said as much in at least one of his issues.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Molyneux wrote:Because it's about as heroic as winning a bar fight with the aid of a chainsaw.
To paraphrase Ultimate Captain America:

"Winning is the only thing that counts."

It's not my fault that batman has a sadomachoist desire to be brutally beat up and brutally beat up other people every night in hand-to-hand combat.

And it's far more realistic that using uber l33t ninja skillz.

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

MKSheppard wrote: And it's far more realistic that using uber l33t ninja skillz.
You mean like Daredevil does, every time he beats the shit out of Frank? :P.
It may not be "heroic" but it's effective.
So would be executing anyone suspected - You'd save the problems of the expensive legal system and cut out any criminals escaping.
(Wank about Frank never killing anyone innocent aside).
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

MKSheppard wrote:To paraphrase Ultimate Captain America:

"Winning is the only thing that counts."

It's not my fault that batman has a sadomachoist desire to be brutally beat up and brutally beat up other people every night in hand-to-hand combat.

And it's far more realistic that using uber l33t ninja skillz.
Yanno, I've just recently begun watching Supernatural. The brothers there are accomplished hand to hand fighters, and not just the stylized wushu bullshit common to superheroes; the fights kinda look like a slightly watered down version of The Bourne Identity. So when the shit hits the fan, do they wade in, trusting in their unarmed martial arts? Hell no. They, unlike Batman, do the sensible thing and use equalizers. Guns, axes, whatever gets the job done.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I wonder how many innocent by standers frank kills?

hell one time someone even mind fucked him so bad he killed jaywalkers and litterbugs.

sure the glaring existance of a rogues gallery beyond the ones that seriously outclass the hero is a failure on the traditional hero. I mean my favorite bat villians are a theif, and a genocidal mastermind. (and his lovely daughters)

now the joker just has no character growth, hell the joker has no character. Riddler, cobbblepot jsut meh.

I bet frank could never stand a chance against someone like Hunter Rose, or John Sunlight.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin