Diablo II soundtrack

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tiriol
Jedi Council Member

Diablo II soundtrack

Post by Tiriol »

Does anyone know where I could find Diablo II soundtrack? I have been trying to find it for some time, but always something more urgent comes into the way or something similar.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti; beatae Mariae semper Virgini; beato Michaeli Archangelo; sanctis Apostolis, omnibus sanctis... Tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Kyrie Eleison!

The Imperial Senate (defunct) * Knights Astrum Clades * The Mess
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

The music should be extractable via an MPQ decompiler program, such as the one available here.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ravencrow
Padawan Learner

Post by Ravencrow »

You can download D2 music in mp3 format at diabloii.net.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

If Starcraft is any indication, ripping the music yourself will give you wavs, which will probably be somewhat higher quality than the mp3s up there. Just a guess, though.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:If Starcraft is any indication, ripping the music yourself will give you wavs, which will probably be somewhat higher quality than the mp3s up there. Just a guess, though.
I personally haven't met much success in ripping the music straight from the .mpq file for Starcraft and the original Diablo. If it's available to download officially, there's no harm in it.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Stofsk wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:If Starcraft is any indication, ripping the music yourself will give you wavs, which will probably be somewhat higher quality than the mp3s up there. Just a guess, though.
I personally haven't met much success in ripping the music straight from the .mpq file for Starcraft and the original Diablo. If it's available to download officially, there's no harm in it.
diabloii.net is hardly official. :P
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Actually I got them from the Arreat summit in it's files section.
Ravencrow
Padawan Learner

Post by Ravencrow »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Stofsk wrote:
diabloii.net is hardly official. :P
No, they are not. But the files are legit considering you can also download the liner notes provided by the composer from the same site. Diabloii.net seem to have close contacts with the game developers. One of the amazons for hire (Gayle) is said to be named after one of the site admins.

The files have been up there since 2001/2002, only thing is that the links might not work anymore.
Major Maxillary
Youngling

Post by Major Maxillary »

You can convert the .wav files to MP3 using Audacity.

Just felt like contributing something.
There is no such thing as 'too much firepower' because there is no such thing as 'negative dead'.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Ravencrow wrote: No, they are not. But the files are legit considering you can also download the liner notes provided by the composer from the same site. Diabloii.net seem to have close contacts with the game developers. One of the amazons for hire (Gayle) is said to be named after one of the site admins.
I see.
The files have been up there since 2001/2002, only thing is that the links might not work anymore.
In which case, the MPQ option is still there...

Hmm... I'm suddenly tempted to make a custom SEMPQ for Diablo II that replaces the soundtrack. :lol: