Spider-Man 3 trailer tonight

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

Durandal wrote:
General Zod wrote:X-Men managed to pull it off fairly well, especially since they had a virtual infinite pool of story ideas to pull off their movies from. Unfortunately changing directors in the third made it suck considerably, mainly because of the director shift, but in something like this I can imagine it would be good if there were an obvious direction planned for it, instead of simply adding in villain after villain ala Batman. Since a good deal of the popular superhero comics definitely have some type of direction they're heading for, or at least trying to work toward. Even Spiderman's not completely devoid of material that they couldn't have tied things in together with the previous movies a little more coherently with the Green Goblin arc and Harry going the vengeance route for his dad's death.
Actually, the first X-Men just was not all that great. The second one was awesome. The third one was, well, third-rate.
I don't know. X-men on the whole was a Solid film, it had really solid character development (to start off the series) for a crowded movie. It is flawed but I don't know specifically where it needs major improvement. I alway thought it might be running time. (IMO all Superhero origin should always have running time of 2hrs and 30min) I recall hearing that Singer's original running time for the film was that long but Fox nixed it.
I'll agree with you that X2 was the best of the series. X3 on the other hand as I think of it more and more was just terrible. (I've been thinking of putting it in my worst sequels/films category)
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

This looks pretty mediocre.

And angsty. Now, I'm tolerant of more movie-angst than most people, I think, (I am a girl, after all :P) but the Spiderman movies are so heavy-handed with it! Yeesh!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

THEHOOLIGANJEDI wrote:Is it me or does it seem that there is a Curse that happens to all Good Superhero movie franchises. Namely, I would call it the "3rd movie Curse". Superman had Superman 3.
Batman had Batman Forever.
X-men had X3 the Last Stand.

What's the deal?
don't forget Blade: Trinity... but to be fair, in those examples mentioned the directors changed from the original directors and they went in a completely different direction... you also have to consider the fact that the sudio executives start sticking their hands in the pot as a franchise grows and that also fucks shit up...

hopefully the fact that Raimi still is at the helm will curb that problem... although it does seem that the story is going in a new direction...
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Im sorry, but i just dont think Tobey Maguire can really pull off the BAD BOY act. He just looks like a little kid.
And i have to agree that they are trying to shove way too much into this movie. they could use the black suit and Sandman OR Green Goblin, but not the black suit and Sandman AND Green Goblin. One or the other, but both is either going to be really long or screw the story to fit it all in.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Tobey Maguire hasn't really impressed me with Peter Parker let alone as BAD BOY.

And why are we getting Gwen Stacey and not, y'know, Felicia Hardy? If you're gonna insert one of Parker's blonde girlfriends, insert the crazy, fun one rather than Plane Jane Stacey.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

I've never even heard of Felicia Hardy.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Anguirus wrote:I've never even heard of Felicia Hardy.
Black Cat. Which might be why they're not using her. Adding in too many superheroes.

Though she did appear in the Spider-man 2 video game.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

neoolong wrote:
Black Cat. Which might be why they're not using her. Adding in too many superheroes.
Too many superheroes? We only have one - spidey.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Stofsk wrote:
neoolong wrote:
Too many superheroes? We only have one - spidey.
Right. They might not want to add in too many superheroes. I think they would be wary of even one more especially if it would mean they'd have to set up the backstory for that as well. As it is, this movie is pretty stuffed.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Well, whatever man, she would have been better than Gwen, which was my main point.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Stofsk wrote:Well, whatever man, she would have been better than Gwen, which was my main point.
Well, I would like to see Felicia Hardy. However, I would reserve judgement on Gwen until after I see how she is in the movie.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Remember how adding more superheroes made Dark Knight Strikes Again shit? Yes. Don't do it. It's silly. :)
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

So have any of you heard about the forth villain yet? :P
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Lost Soal wrote:So have any of you heard about the forth villain yet? :P
You go to hell. You go to hell and you die!

That said, I'm all for Bruce Campbell getting something more than a 5 second cameo. Even if he only gets to be one of the lamer villains. :P
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

Death from the Sea wrote:
THEHOOLIGANJEDI wrote:Is it me or does it seem that there is a Curse that happens to all Good Superhero movie franchises. Namely, I would call it the "3rd movie Curse". Superman had Superman 3.
Batman had Batman Forever.
X-men had X3 the Last Stand.

What's the deal?
don't forget Blade: Trinity...

Damn! I knew I forgot Something. Like X3 I really started to dislike it more and more as time progressed. I still think it isn't as bad as X3 since I thought the Blade Franchise wasn't as good in quality as the other franchises mentioned. (Thank you David Goyer)
but to be fair, in those examples mentioned the directors changed from the original directors and they went in a completely different direction... you also have to consider the fact that the sudio executives start sticking their hands in the pot as a franchise grows and that also fucks shit up...
Too true.
hopefully the fact that Raimi still is at the helm will curb that problem... although it does seem that the story is going in a new direction...
I don't mind seing a darker Spidey movie, if that's what you are talking about. My one BIG gripe with the preceding Spidey movies is the MJ/Peter Relationship and how it is portrayed onscreen. To me in Superhero movies(or movies in general), Romance should be portrayed from both sides, otherwise there is no chemistry. It created a problem of making MJ just a glorified extra and also having her be the annoying "Damsel is destress" archetype. Personally I thought they should have toned down the romance in SM2 so the could ahve worked to develop MJ.

Now My Problem with Spidey 3 is that they are now bringing Gwen Stacy which I think will completely render MJ to the Glorified cameo category. It pointless to bring her in especially since we all know she is just going to be there to die. :roll:
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman
Pax Britannia
Padawan Learner

Post by Pax Britannia »

Didnt the guy who shot Uncle Ben die in the first movie?

I wonder how their going to justify this....
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Pax Britannia wrote:Didnt the guy who shot Uncle Ben die in the first movie?

I wonder how their going to justify this....
To be fair, we don't actually see Uncle Ben getting killed. While the police are chasing the guy Peter confronts, I don't think it was specifically stated that it was for killing Ben.

That said, it is still pretty dumb.

Edit: Apparently there is stuff cut out of the trailer. There are Gwen Stacy and Venom shots that were cut. Link
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

If Spiderman 3 takes place in New York, why do they have a news anchor from Los Angeles TV Station, KTLA?

At the very least they could have gotten somebody a little less iconic to the Los Angeles area.

EDIT: Statements that are questions use question marks.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

neoolong wrote: To be fair, we don't actually see Uncle Ben getting killed. While the police are chasing the guy Peter confronts, I don't think it was specifically stated that it was for killing Ben.
The guy carjacks Ben and shoots him. then spidey chases the guy who's driving Uncle Ben's car. There's no room for Sandman at all.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Yeah. Way to render the emotional punch of him letting that carjacker get away totally meaningless, having Spiderman kill someone who supposedly didn't kill anyone.

Hopefully it's just some trick idea or something.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Crazedwraith wrote:
neoolong wrote: To be fair, we don't actually see Uncle Ben getting killed. While the police are chasing the guy Peter confronts, I don't think it was specifically stated that it was for killing Ben.
The guy carjacks Ben and shoots him. then spidey chases the guy who's driving Uncle Ben's car. There's no room for Sandman at all.
Do we actually see it though? I don't remember. Admittedly, the car thing is pretty certain, but in the fantasy world, if we don't actually see it then they could screw around with what happened. Even if it really doesn't make much sense.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

neoolong wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:
Do we actually see it though? I don't remember. Admittedly, the car thing is pretty certain, but in the fantasy world, if we don't actually see it then they could screw around with what happened. Even if it really doesn't make much sense.
Then Raimi is going to pull on of the larger stinkers of retcon BS. Literally it would have to be the guy Peter let's go carjacks the Sandman, who not only shoots Ben while carjacking BUT doesn't turn his gun on the man who's trying to carjack him but instead runs away...and yet people see only the second guy entering the car, and dumping Ben's body out...in the bright lights.

Sure you can finagle because they don't explicitly come out and say it...but honestly it's fucking stupid and really stretches any suspension in how many things have to stumble and bumble.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

I never said it wasn't dumb. Just that it technically could be possible. :D