Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Argosh wrote:
dragon wrote:Ok is there a limit on how far you can upgrade your mother ship. Every time I click to link to upgrade weapons it comes back up no different than it was before. I have plenty of money in which to upgrade.
:? You actually have to up your motherships weapons/shields/hangars capacity before buying weapons/shields/fleets themselves.
I know. When I try to up the capacity is when the problem happens.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

How many do you have?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Beowulf wrote:How many do you have?
About 250 or so for the weapons. A little less for the shields. Since the ship is only at 4000 in rank gotta be a way to make it more powerful.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

dragon wrote:
Beowulf wrote:How many do you have?
About 250 or so for the weapons. A little less for the shields. Since the ship is only at 4000 in rank gotta be a way to make it more powerful.
You should be able to get the number of weapons up to over 1000, ditto shields. Weird. Send a bug report?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Oh and I am now a pitiful wimp again....

(I ascended)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Arg, I just lost 1,250,000 UUs! They were in someone else's account, when someone broke into it and stole most of his men. I am hoping that the admin can track down who is responsible for this.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm a pathet-t-t-t-tic wuss now that I have ascended.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

fuzzymillipede wrote:Arg, I just lost 1,250,000 UUs! They were in someone else's account, when someone broke into it and stole most of his men. I am hoping that the admin can track down who is responsible for this.
Ouch!
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

Hey look, a use for this I hadn't considered: All alliance members please refer to this thread.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Unstuck du to lack of acctivity
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Ok have a question for the last few weeks I have been stuck in around 2000 in rank. I got it down to 1890 once but couldn't keep it there. Once you are down their is their a good trick to moving up in rank.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

You tried evening out your rank in all aspects (offense, defense, covert, mothership)
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

the only one having probelms with is my defence.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Couple notes: Anti-covert isn't useful except for killing enemy spies when attacking. Covert is significantly more useful, in that it allows you to spy, and protects from spying. You'll need to roughly double you defensive troop numbers, and weapons. Also, more miners would be a good idea.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

but you still need anticovert as it ties into your overall rank right.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

dragon wrote:but you still need anticovert as it ties into your overall rank right.
Covert and anti-covert kinda go into the same stat. I didn't have any when I ascended.
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

I only invested in anti-covert because it helped boost my rank. I don't use them at all. In fact, if I ever need units for no reason, I pull them from my mines, then from my anti-covert ranks. And yes, you definitely need more miners. At least a quarter, if not a half or more, of your troops should be miners, because they support your expansion. I earn far more from my mines than from attacks. It's also a rare day that I go through 150 turns (you earn 144 a day) in a day. I would have to go through, on an average day, about 180 turns in order to gross as much as my mines produce in a day. This barely includes the costs associated with repairs. You have the UP, now it's time to pour most of that into your mines and defence.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Remember that rank is not all-important. Instead of rank, you can focus on building your account. I have never cared much for rank at all, and I am doing well in the game.

Also, would everyone check out this topic? I am sure that many of you can benefit by either account that is being offered to SDN Systemlords right now.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Huh. How odd. I have about as many troops as you do, but I'm currently in the 1200's. Have you tried upgrading your mothership?

BTW, what the hell's an untrained merc do anyway?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Untrained mercs raise the number of troops you have. That's about all they do.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

yeah I found that out after the fact oh well. The only problems if I up my miners I usally only able to hit the site once a day, since its blocked at work and will usally have about 250 mill in that day or so. If I up the miners than I might make a tempting target.

Also when I llok at a person in the raid column and their are questions marks , what allows you to hide from would be attackers.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

I regularly end up with over 800 mil in cash at this point.

What allows you to hide is the same thing that allows you to see others, your covert score.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Beowulf wrote:I regularly end up with over 800 mil in cash at this point.

What allows you to hide is the same thing that allows you to see others, your covert score.
Guess I need to revamp a little then. Thanks
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

dragon wrote:the only one having probelms with is my defence.
That's because as a Tauri, your def is naturally weaker. If you want to rise in rank then concentrate your efforts on the best quality of the Tauri - offence. Best weapons + supers.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

...what is stargate wars? What does it compare to (Have played most of the old (98-02) web based, few of the new)?

Worth looking at for having something to do when on FT support? :P

(Reading the manual, but it's hard to get a feel for the game through the manual)
If at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is your style

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

Thus Aristotle laid it down that a heavy object falls faster then a light one does.
The important thing about this idea is not that he was wrong, but that it never occurred to Aristotle to check it.
- Albert Szent-Györgyi de Nagyrápolt