MGS: Slytherin Eater

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Spice Runner
Jedi Knight

Post by Spice Runner »

Great stuff, I'm hooked. You've made Metal Gear and HP fit together really well. I'm looking forward to read more.
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

Fascinating.

It'll be interesting to see if this influence on Harry affects his choice of animal option when the time comes.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
Rogue 11
Padawan Learner

Post by Rogue 11 »

Two notes: Sorry for the delay. This was supposed to be done by thursday. It just grew out of control and I didn't get it done before now. Also I didn't write this entirely by myself. The two parts from Wolf's perspective were written by Psychosama and just slightly edited by me to fit with my general image of her.

Enjoy

Chapter 6

He really should have stuck with the Polyjuice plan in retrospect. They'd have been in and out in less than an hour.

Now he had been sitting in the shadows for four hours waiting for someone to show up. He was beginning to get mighty tired of this. He had though that once he located their common room it'd be easy. Unfortunately he'd been too far away and too slow with the mike to take advantage of it. Things never went according to plan.

Finally some Slytherin he didn't know the name off showed up. He pulled out the mike and trained it on the boy.

"Mudblood." The painting swung open.

Finally equipped with the password he put on the cloak and moved up the picture.

"Mudblood"

"What? Who is this?" The picture said as it swung open and Harry entered silently.

"It must have been my imagination." The picture said to itself as it swung closed.

Inside Harry quickly came to the conclusion that the Slytherins got a raw deal with choice of common room. The Dungeon was rather depressing compared to the Gryffindor tower. And fortunately for him it had a lot of shadows to hide in.

He took off the cloak again, in the shadows it wouldn't help at all and if he screwed up and got caught he'd rather not tip people off that he had it, then he settled in a nice deep shadow with the mike ready.

This was the part of the mission he expected to take the longest. He had to first wait until Draco showed up, then trail him for however long it took for him to let something slip.

Yeah the plan was full of holes, but right now he hadn't been able to come up with something better. The only alternative he saw would be to kidnap him and interrogate him. But that'd tip them off that someone was closing in.

Better to take the slow route. He was so glad he'd packed some lunch. He was going to need it.

"Berthold sit!" Big Boss said to no avail.

Berthold was usually a friendly, but obedient dog who could if needed turn frighteningly savage, but right now it was completely forgetting the obedient aspect.

It was jumping up on the girl that was with him and wagging his tail like a plane propeller. It basically took to Wolf immediately. Given her background Big Boss was expecting her to freak at the dog's attention, but against everything that seemed logical she didn't. She crouched down and scratched him behind the ears.

"Berthold is usually better behaved than this." Big Boss commented.

Wolf lent forward

"Berthold sit." She said softly to the dog. It sat down immediately with it's tail still going along the ground.

Big Boss was stunned. Not by Berthold's response, but by the way Wolf was behaving right now. She seemed almost normal, smiling as she petted the dog.

'She spent years in an institution to no avail, and it turns out all we needed to do was to get her a dog!'

That was one headache out of the way At least.

It was getting hard to stay awake now. Thankfully Draco seemed to have no intentions of going to bed yet.

"So who do you think the heir will take next?" Crabbe asked Draco.

Harry perked up. This was what he had been waiting for.

"I have no idea. I hope it's that mudblood Granger though. She's getting way above her station."

That didn't add up! How could he have no idea? Harry had been so sure Draco was guilty that now he was caught flat footed.

Either they were wrong about his involvement or Draco was hiding it even from his fellow Slytherins.

He needed more data. He'd wait until Draco went to sleep then go through his trunk.

Wolf scowled ever so slightly as she walked down Privet Drive. After she and Saladin had arrived at his residence, she had decided to scout the area. So far, she was not impressed by what she had seen. The area seemed laid out in a way to ensure minimum defensibility, there was ample cover but seemed to be no effectively concealed spots with a significant line of sight, the civilians all seemed to be looking at her as if she was some kind of abnormality, and it was cold.

This area did not suit her. Not one bit. She wondered what Saladin saw in this area, but she would not question his reasoning. For a man as great as he to set up shop here, there had to be something important. Though what it was she couldn't fathom right now.

Wolf shivered as a she was struck by a blast of wind.

'Damned British winters,' she thought to herself, as she pulled her US army surplus winter coat tight. When Saladin had said to dress warmly, she had grossly underestimated the winters in this nation. She would not do so again.

"Hey, who are you?"

Wolf paused and turned around. Behind her a fat boy was approaching, comically attempting to look menacing. It was almost funny.

"My name is Wolf." she replied calmly while she tried to gauge weather he was a threat or not. He seemed to have an excess amount of fat so she could probably outrun him if it came to that, but he didn't move like a fighter. So she was certain she could take him if it came to a fight even if she was unarmed.

"Now that’s a stupid name..." he replied with a laugh.

The girl-sniper frowned. While she knew it was not the name her parents had gave her, it was the only one she knew. This was rapidly annoying her.

"And what is you name," she asked calmly.

"Dudley Dursley," he said with a fanfare, as if it would mean anything to her. "Now what are you doing in my neighbourhood."

Wolf kept frowning and repressed her first urge, which was to see in how many places she could break the fat boy's arm. Dursley was the given name of Saladin's kin, and while this pathetic marshmallow of a human being seemed to lack... any form of dignity what so ever, she was cautious about actually attacking someone related to Saladin.

"I live here," she replied.

"Just moved here?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Well," Dudley proclaimed as he put his arms on his formless hips. "You're going to have to pay the moving tax!"

Wolf blinked. "Moving tax?"

She did not know that the British government had required administrative fees for her to move into Saladin's home.

"What tax?"

"You have to let me touch your boobies!"

Wolf's eye twitched slightly as she suppressed the urge to break every bone in his right hand.

"No," she replied with all the sweetness of a lump of frozen honey, carved into a razor sharp cutting implement.

Dudley crossed his arms and glowered as if she was supposed to be intimidated. "Well, where did you move to?"

"I am staying with your uncle," she said in an annoyed tone trying to reign in her anger.

"Uncle Jack?" Dudley exclaimed, "He's a one eyed sadistic relic of a world that is best hidden away out of sight and not polluting the neighbourhoods of proper people."

Wolf snarled. Now he'd gone too far. Time for a beating, fat boy...

"So what did you find when you got to his trunk?" Ron asked as Harry struggled to keep his head off the table at breakfast the next day.

"That's just the thing. Nothing even remotely incriminating, just books, various reading material, mostly about quidditch, clothes and other sorts of thing. I though I had something when I found that secret compartment..."

"What did he have down there?"

"I still find it hard to believe, it was a teddy bear."
"Draco Malfoy hides a teddy bear in his trunk?!"

"Not so loud. And yes he used to hide one."

"What do you mean used to hide?"

"Well I though maybe it was double layer secrecy... So I gutted the bear thoroughly to get a good look at the insides."

"Draco Malfoy hides a teddy bear in his trunk. I can't believe it."

"I really don't want to talk about it."

"But a teddy bear it's just so..."

"Look. I don't like Malfoy, but wrecking his toy like that is just... Low, I'm really not feeling too good with myself right now." Harry said.

"So you are certain he isn't the culprit?" Ron finally asked.

"Yes pretty sure. And that pretty much leaves us without suspects."

"So what do we do now?"

"I don't know Ron. We'll just have to wait and see."

Big Boss was faced with a monumental event. With Harry he'd never have to be parental.

Now was the first time he had to discipline Wolf, and he was trying to it in a non-military fashion.

He really wished he could take the easy way out and do it military though.

"Look Wolf you can't go threatening people's lives every time they say something that does you angry. This part of the world doesn't work like that." He tried to say reasonably.

"He was insulting you." She answered back like it excused everything.

"Dudley Dursley is a little piece of shit. No argument there, but just because he said I was... What was it again?"

"That you were a one eyed sadistic relic of a world that is best hidden away out of sight and not polluting the neighbourhoods of decent, normal, proper people."

"Right, he's obviously repeating his parents. His problem lies with them and not anything innate with him."

"Are you saying that since it's their words I should go for the source and kill them instead?"

"No! Look what I am trying to say is that in this part of the world while it's not polite to say things like that you can't kill them for it. Nor do you push their face into the pavement and threaten to kill them if they ever say something like that again."

"He also asked if he could touch my boobies."

"Now that is the sort of reason I can accept." Big Boss said. Despite being so young she was starting to develop already. She was going to be seriously stacked when she grew up and Big Boss having taken on the role of the father didn't mind her chasing of the bad boys herself.

"That was a bad joke in case you didn't guess." He added as he realized she might end up with a murder charge if she did that.

"But why do I have to let him get away with that?"

"You don't have to. You just have to fight him differently. Insult him right back. Preferably with a better thought out insult. Insult smarter basically. If he gets angry enough to use violence, then you have carte blanche to respond with similar level of non-lethal force. Never throw the first punch, but make damn sure to throw the last one."

"Oh. So that works?"

"It lets you keep the moral high ground as well as being very satisfying. No lasting damage though, try not to break any bones."

"Soft tissue damage only?"

"That works yes."

Big Boss couldn't help but think he had made a mistake somewhere there. He went out to get the mail.

Wolf figured now wouldn't be the best time to mention that she had used a silenced .22 rifle she had found in the house to snipe Dudley's Nintendo and TV from the roof on the house on the other side of them.

The letter Harry got felt overdue.

Hermione now back to normal was the most curious to the response.

"So what does it say about Tom Riddle?"

Harry skimmed through the letter.

"Not much. There were intermittent reports of him for a few years after school ended, he tried to get the position as a Defence against the Dark Arts, but other than that nothing of real interest. Then he just... Disappear, no traces at all. Shortly after that Voldemort first appears, Jack thinks there might be a connection..."

"Like one of his first victims before he went open?"

"Or one of his first followers, or perhaps even Voldemort himself, Jack adds he says that just to cover all bases and he considers it unlikely."

"Honestly that is taking it a bit too far."

"But in summary he says that the story doesn't add up, and going looking for that other beast is just adding more risk to it. Riddle is either wrong, or in Jack's opinion, lying. He suggests locking that diary away somewhere safe."

"A bit too late for that." Ron commented. The Diary was currently MIA.

"So what do we do now?" Harry asked.

"No ideas."

Wolf sighed as she breathed the cold winter air. So this was a civilian school? They were taught by idiots who they gave no respect, and who in turn made only a laughable attempt at enforcing discipline. No wonder civilians were so soft.

At least they let her outside, even if only for fifteen minutes. She could use the time to breath.

"Hey, new kid!"

Wolf turned around. Standing behind her were three boys. She did not recognize them from any of her classes, and they looked to be a bit older than she was.

"What's with the jacket?" the first asked.

"Yeah," the second chimed in, "You think you're a soldier."

"Women can't be soldiers," the first stated, "All girls are go for is cooking and cleaning."

Wolf snorted. As if these two idiots knew anything.

"My brother says there's something else girls are good for," the third remarked, "Said that the ones with big tits are the best." He leered at her. "Yeah, you're gonna be really good for that. Maybe I'll let ye be my girlfriend, show you want I'm talking about."

The three laughed and began to seemingly congratulate each other. Wolf smiled though.

Saladin had said that those kinds of comments were something she could happily respond to in kind. It took her a moment to think of the language, but she remember the kinds of insults the Iraqi soldiers she had once worked with had used on each other. She hoped the translated well, and were effective…

"Like you would have any idea of what to do with a woman," she replied, "I mean you probably spend so much time sodomizing each other that you would be unable to tell one end from the other. I find your insults laughable, but you are pleasant to be around as while your personalities are bothersome, the heat generated by your flaming homosexuality makes the coping with the winter that much more pleasant." She wasn't actually sure what this meant, but it had the desired effect.

The three growled and stepped forward as one.

"Why you little bitch!"

"We're going to kick you ass"

"We'll show you who's gay!"

Wolf could but smile. Now they were speaking her language...

The problem with sending a former child soldier to school without warning the school ahead was the inevitable parent-teacher conferences.

"In all my years as a principal I have never had anything like this happen." The plump middle aged woman behind the desk said.

"Look can you instead of acting all indignant tell me what happened."

The aging principal having been denied of his little melodrama huffed, but relented to Big Boss's demand.

"Your girl apparently got into some sort of argument, insults were exchanged. We don't know who threw the first punch..."

'Given that she's good at following orders probably not Wolf'

"... But that is irrelevant, given that as soon as it started she attacked them brutally and two of them will be hospitalized for a week, another had to get stitched up."

"But nobody got killed right?"

"Why the hell would you expect her to kill people?!"

Big Boss sighed. It would get out sooner or later. And they did deserve to know.

"Up to a few years ago she was a child soldier. I got her out of that and into psychological treatment, but she still has some lingering issues."

"So basically... She's trained to fight and kill. And you send her to a public school?"

"She has to adapt to normal life sooner or later and the sooner the better."

"But still... She is basically a hazard to have around? I mean what if she feels she's cornered or if she panics for some reason. Could she respond with deadly force?"

Big Boss had been afraid of that question.

"Potentially yes, but I doubt it. She takes things very militarily, and she's been effectively ordered not to kill."

"People forget, especially children. I really don't think it's safe to keep her in a normal school until she has become more gradually acclimated to normal life."

"Then what do you suggest then?" Big Boss said with annoyance. He didn't think she'd forget. She saw herself as a soldier and felt it was her duty to do as Big Boss said.

"Have you considered home schooling?"

"No not really. I'm not exactly experienced as a teacher."

"I can put you in touch with someone who can help with that." The principal said.

"You are that desperate to get rid of her?"

"No offence, but she's dangerous, she may never act on it, but she's capable of killing people by your own admission, we'd rather not take the chance."

Big Boss had hoped to get Wolf into it quick. It appeared that wouldn't be possible.

Harry entered Lockhart's office with Ron in tow. Not even bothering to knock.

He honestly wasn't surprised to see Lockhart packing up.

"So you are leaving then." Harry stated, face blank.

"Oh ... Mr. Potter ... Mr. Weasley, yes I am. I'm of course sorry ... Sorry to leave now, but... Something urgent came up."

Ron stayed silent, but Harry couldn't. Right now all the stress from the year that had been building up was getting to be too much.

"We found the chamber of secrets. Shouldn't you go down there to show what sort of hero you are?" He said acidly.

"I'm terribly sorry... Nobody regrets that more than I."

"Jack was right wasn't he? You never did any of those things? At best you only took credit for things other had done." Harry said in an angry low voice.

Lockhart took a deep breath.

"Nobody wants to read about some old ugly warlock vanquishing a werewolf, or some deformed witch defeating a Banshee, I could sell those books. They couldn't, so no big loss for them. I just... Made sure someone gained from it..."

His voice took on some pride in his imagined accomplishments. Harry felt outright disgust.

"Though it was far more work than you make it out to be, I had to research for years to track down all of them, interview them, then memory charm them..."

Harry got ready, something in his voice implied he was about to make a move.

"Memory charm is the only spell I'm really good at, but to make up for it I'm very good with it. And I do apologize this, but you know too much."

Lockhart had made one crucial mistake. He had turned away as he got out his wand.

As he turned around he stared straight down the barrel of a silenced gun. Lockhart had in his travels gotten familiar with several aspects of muggle life. He recognized it immediately as a weapon, and that it was pointed at him.

"You think you are faster with the wand than I am with a trigger? Do you want to try that?" Harry said simply.

"What... how did you... Get that..." Lockhart was terrified.

"Jack got it for me when the attacks started for my own safety. I finally got some use for it." Harry said with as much steel as a twelve year old (Albeit mature for his age) could manage.

"And thanks to your little admission you'll go first." Harry said. It didn't seem like him to be this ruthless, but useless people who endangered others was something that was hard to accept. Something he'd probably inherited from Jack.

"Ron, get his wand and then we'll show the professor the chamber."

Harry really wished he had listened more to Jack. Especially his swearing, that seemed very appropriate for this moment.

He really should have just tranqed the useless teacher, now thanks to him he was alone and with no escape.

The giant doors opened with Parseltongue and he entered the chamber proper.

It was impossible to miss Ginny at the end of it with her hair. He rushed up a bit faster than was probably wise and lent down to check her while he tried to cover every dark corner simultaneously with his gun.

He checked her pulse, which was weak, but there. That was good. Now he just had to get her out of there.

"You need to wake up Ginny, otherwise we're lunch." If he had to haul her out of here it wouldn't work. Not when he knew what was down here.

"Come on Ginny."

"She won't wake up you know."

Harry spun around, he recognized that voice. As on instinct he fired off a short from the M9.

It wasn't that good a shot. The dart hit Riddle's leg away from a major vein. Riddle whipped out Ginny's wand.

"Accio weapon!" The M9 flew out of Harry's grasp and into Riddle's.

"Enervate." Riddle said as he pulled out the dart starting to feel the effect of the tranq. Harry reached for his wand, but now Riddle trained Ginny's on Harry.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Harry gave no response, desperately trying to figure out a way out of this. Something was wrong with Riddle, like he wasn't all there.

"I'm surprised at your hostility. I though you could trust me." Riddle said with a slight edge of sarcasm.

"You are the heir of Slytherin aren't you?" Harry simply asked. The pieces were finally falling into place.

Riddle laughed out loud.

"I see I underestimated you. You seemed so gullible and childish when you wrote in my book, but you weren't so easily fooled were you? I'm starting to see why a baby with no particular magic abilities was able to vanquish the greatest wizard of our time."

Harry's mind was in overdrive, but he forced it under control. Right now he had to stay focused. He had to be like... Well like Jack.

"That kills the possibility that Voldemort killed you to ensure the heir of Slytherin didn't oppose him doesn't it?"

Riddle gave a smile devoid of any warmth.

"You are smarter than I gave you credit for, but it appears that I hid it well enough that even you couldn't find out the truth for sure, but you have to suspect it. So this won't come as too big a surprise to you."

Flaming letters appeared in the air spelling out Riddle's name. Then they changed.

I AM LORD VOLDEMORT.

Harry was scared of Voldemort, he had hoped the long shot wasn't the right one. The moment Riddle revealed himself he had known on some level that it was, but now it was confirmed.

"So now what?"

"Now I take the life force of this stupid little girl and use it to return to finish what I started."

"How did she get involved in this?" Harry was trying to buy time. Yet time was against him, every moment Riddle seemed slightly more real, but he needed time to think, to figure out something. He couldn't win a head on duel, the pistol would have given him a chance if he hadn't messed up the first shot, but without that he had no chance.

As if he could read his thoughts Riddle took the M9 up to his eyes and studied it. Ignoring his question on Ginny.

"Interesting toy, I didn't know the muggles made stunning pistols like this. I guess I underestimated them too. No magic at all, yet the dart knocks you out faster than most potions will. No match for a stupefy of course. Where did you get this?"

"My uncle gave it to me when this started. He figured I needed the extra safety and that even if it might not work it couldn't hurt." Harry replied. Perhaps he could get Riddle to let something slip.

"Interesting that Dumbledore allowed it. This uncle must be something special. I have never seen something like this in muggle hands. And it's clearly not made by wizards"

"He is. So how did Ginny enter into this?" Harry repeated.

"Still asking about that are we? Well then..." He seemed to gather his thoughts.

"I don't know exactly how I came into her possession. She found me inside one of her books..."

Harry was only half listening. He recognized something in Riddle's stance, something much like Jack's on guard stance. He was ready for a surprise. He had to get him to drop his guard somehow.

"So you basically hijacked her body and tried to make her a murderer. And now you have had your fun and will just use her life to return yourself?"

"That is pretty much it. And there's nobody left that can stop me."

"You are wrong, there are two."

"Two? I only expected you to say one. One of them is obviously Dumbledore, but who is the other?"

"Uncle Jack can stop you."

"Uncle Jack? Isn't he a muggle?!" Riddle looked like he had to resist the urge to laugh.

"Uncle Jack is no ordinary muggle. He's done things that you in your height couldn't do. He's dealt with things that even you couldn't fathom. He is the most dangerous man alive, muggle or wizard." He was embellishing a bit, but he needed the confidence boost himself.

"Normally I'd say that was ridiculous, and yet... He was the one who taught you weren't he? I see in you amazing potential. You are compared to me at your age in some ways far more formidable, not all, but some. In time you could even become a real threat. When I get out of here the first thing I'll have to do is to kill that uncle of yours then. And as for Dumbledore, he was easily defeated. He couldn't even handle a mere memory of me."

Harry forced a laugh, trying to throw Riddle off balance.

"You honestly think he's gone that easily?" Harry said as derisively as he could in the situation. He needed to throw him as much off balance as possible.

"You left things behind like this diary to affect things. He's sure to have done the same! And they are just waiting for you to slip up!"

Riddle's face twisted in anger. He opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by music.

The cavalry had arrived, in a very unexpected form.

Big Boss had gotten an owl from Dumbledore that he should be at Hogwarts as soon as possible.

Wolf was still asleep, so he left a note for her as he left.

Floo still was as uncomfortable as ever. He really needed to look into ways of countering the effects it had on the mind and body, but it was better than some ways he had travelled in the past.

As he was lead to professor McGonagall's office he couldn't help but think that something was dreadfully wrong.

The teary eyed Molly Weasley being comforted by Arthur whose face was completely expressionless inside the office confirmed it.

He turned to Dumbledore.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?"

"It seems that miss Ginevra Weasley has been kidnapped by the mystery assailant. And now young Potter and the second youngest Wesley have gone missing to..."

He may have been about to say something more, but Big Boss didn't wait around.

"To hell with this then! I'm calling in a strike force. They can be here in two hours."

"This is not the time for rash actions." Professor McGonagall tried to interject.

"It wouldn't have been except you've been pissing away all the thinking time you had! Right now it'll be damage control trying to keep the body count down." He was angry, and his exceptionally hard voice made McGonagall recoil away from him.

Why the hell did so few people realize you had to grab the initiative or you were in deep shit?

Now he'd have to move in with insufficient planning and preparation on what they were up against which would cost them lives, but it'd be better than letting children die.

"I implore you to wait. There is still a chance of this having a happy ending." Dumbledore said.

"Sitting and praying is not my way of doing things. It doesn't work as I have had demonstrated to me repeatedly in the past." He was mentally cataloguing who he could get at this short notice that could be useful.

That was that against all odds the door opened and with the phoenix on point the odd group entered.

Big Boss sent a nasty glance to Dumbledore. No way in hell this was coincidental, this old bastard had something to do with this. Yet there was some clear relief there just a moment. He got the distinct impression of a gamble that had paid off.

The Weasleys made any conversation impossible at first though smothering their children as it went.

Lockhart was even more confused than he expected him to be. And Harry was standing there with an overly decorated sword.

'Now there's a story worth telling.' He thought to himself even before the explanations began.

He held himself in the background while he heard the story about possessing diaries, giant snakes and magic hats that dropped swords out of them. Not to mention the memory charm usage.

Finally he spoke.

"Harry that's just incredible, there are grown and experienced soldiers who can't match what you've done..." Feeling the overall tension in the room he decided to ease it a little.

"One question though, the basilisk is essentially a giant snake. You wouldn't happen to know how it tastes would you?"

"Tastes?!" Came as a chorus from around the room.

"Yeah, snakes are tasty, and that'd be enough to feed me at least for a year." He said with a grin.

As the reassurances stopped and the various people started filing out Big Boss turned to Dumbledore

"Headmaster I'd like to have a quick word with you in private." Big Boss said trying to force himself to remain civil.

Dumbledore nodded and lead the way to his office.

At his office Big Boss got right to the point.

"You knew all along that it was Voldemort or someone possessed by Voldemort didn't you? So why didn't you do more to find it? Those children were able to locate it with frighteningly little information. And even assuming some sort of space compression we'd find something on the floor plans that didn't add up. "

Dumbledore seemed to consider his words carefully. How to placate Big Boss in this?

"We often have the choice between what is easy and what is right in our lives. Though sometimes it's not as apparent what is the right thing and what is the easy thing."

"So what are you saying? That you made a bad call, or that this event served some greater purpose..." Big Boss was analysing the implications of this.

"Did you know what was down there in the chamber?"

"I had my suspicions, though from what I understand the beast was even larger than I expected." Dumbledore admitted. He may try to nudge things along unseen, but he wasn't a liar.

"So... Basically the bird didn't show up just of its own volition with the hat. You had deliberately set the stage to tip the odds in Harry's favour. Did you do something similar last year too?" Big Boss said, managing somehow to contain the anger that built up over that.

"Regretfully so." Dumbledore said and sounded like he meant it.

"So you played a game with Harry's life. Why? There has to be a damn good reason." Big Boss said.

"Remember earlier this year when I said that if he didn't become the best wizard he could be it might mean an early grave?"

Big Boss tried to absorb all the implications fast enough. What he had seen (or rather read) of Voldemort marked him as vindictive, but there had to be limits or he wouldn't have been as successful as he'd been. There had to be something more.

"What is so special about Harry?"

"That I unfortunately can't say right now I'm afraid. I believe the term muggle military would use would be 'operational security'."

So he admitted there was something at least. Right then it took a lot of effort not to grab Dumbledore and shake him until he was willing to talk..

Thankfully for the aging wizard as well as Big Boss's blood pressure someone else entered to take the heat. Someone knocked at the door.

And in came Lucius Malfoy.

"So still here are you?" He said to Dumbledore.

"Even the board of governors can't remove you from this school."

Big Boss was thinking back though.

He remembered the last time he met that bastard. He remembered every detail. Including the odd movement he had noted at the time with Ginny's book cauldron. And with that the final pieces of the mystery were coming together.

"So you are the culprit." He said before Dumbledore could respond.

"What did you say muggle?!" Lucius turned on Big Boss.

"I said that you were the one who was ultimately behind the attacks. I honestly though you were intelligent enough that I wouldn't have to spell that out for you. But then again even I make mistakes on judging characters from time to time."

"You dare insult me like that and it'll be the last mistake you ever make."

"Oh if I make a serious mistake I'll be dead long before you get a clear shot small fry. Now, the object was found inside the book of a student. I think we got at least half a dozen witnesses saying that you tampered with that book. You have both motive and opportunity."

"And just what makes you think that will stick in court? My word against the word of a muggle? They will never believe I placed the diary."

"I never mentioned a diary did I?" Big Boss asked.

Lucius sneer became more severe.

"You are right, You'll probably be acquitted in a trial, but without the Imperius defence it'll seriously harm your reputation and by extension your influence. And I can just imagine what will happen when the papers get their claws into it." Big Boss gave his characteristic smile.

"You win this round muggle, but next time you won't be so lucky. Come Dobby."

'Dobby?'

Big Boss turned to Dumbledore.

"I'd appreciate it if you could wait here a bit before you do anything." Then he headed out to talk to Lucius one on one.

"Malfoy!" He called out.

Malfoy turned, only to be rocked back by a fist in his face. As he stumbled backwards he reached for his wand only to find his wrist seized and then twisted until he dropped it. Then he was pushed up against the wall by his throat. Then he found himself eye to eye with something that made those blaring red eyes from his memories seem insignificant.

He remembered back in his youth when he had first been told that the muggles bothered with militaries. To him it had seemed so funny that weak pathetic little muggles though they could defend themselves.

Face to face with this particular muggle it wasn't any funny anymore.

Malfoy couldn't help. He wet himself.

"Let's get one thing clear scum. You're worrying about court. I'm wondering where I'll be hiding the body. You really need to work on your priorities."

"We're both killers. The differences between you and me are that you enjoy it, and I'm more capable. And you've made the mistake of putting someone I consider family at risk."

"Because of that... If you ever threaten my family again, or try to take this assault to court, you'll be dead by sun down. And don't think that if against the odds you manage to take me out it'll stop it. I'm not dumb enough to rely solely on my own skills. Unfortunately most the ways we can take you out for sure involves a lot of collateral so your family may end up dead too."

Big Boss paused for a moment "Think about that next time you try something excessively stupid like this." He let go.

As Lucius struggled for breath Big Boss fixed the small elf next to him with a glare.

The elf was supposed to serve, but hadn't intervened in Lucius's defence. Sure if it was the same that had hurt Harry it might not be the best, but the pure blooded bastard was bound to take his anger out on it, and it had tried to help.

"One last thing scum: You'll release your house elf."

"W... What?"

Big Boss didn't answer immediately. Instead he whipped out his Colt working the slide as he moved it up and pointed it straight at Lucius's head in an instant.

"I won't ask again."

He threw his coat at Malfoy.

"Throw it to the house-elf."

Reluctantly Lucius threw it. Dobby grabbed it.

"Dobby is free!"

Big Boss smiled. That was his good deed of the year done.

"Now be a good little elf and get out of my sight before I decide to get angry again at whatever is nearby."

The Elf had enough self preservation instinct to scamper away.

"If I ever have to stare at your ugly face again it'll be too soon." He said to Lucius then turned his back on him.

That was just even more added insult really. He knew that Lucius wanted nothing more than lash out at his unprotected back, yet also that Lucius was both too shocked and scared to do so.

Hopefully that would keep him from trying something like this in the future. He wasn't betting on it though.

It had been an eventful year for Harry, he was somewhat relieved it was over, but he'd still miss Hogwarts over the summer. Jack had mentioned that there were someone he had to meet back home now, but he hadn't said who.

Jack had picked him up at the station and driven him home before he had to leave to get to some store before it closed. He told him he could just go right in at his house if he wasn't back by the time Harry was finished unpacking he could just walk over.

Given that he didn't want to spend more time at the Dursleys than absolutely necessary unpacking went quick and he headed over to Jack's house.

As he usually did he didn't even bother to knock. As far as Jack was concerned he was a partial resident of the house. Unfortunately nobody had told the new resident that.

The moment she heard the door opening and the fact that the entrant was moving wrong to be Saladin triggered reflexes.

She hadn't told Saladin she had found the Dragonuv rifle, she didn't think it was necessary, but she grabbed it now, rapidly made it ready for combat and then moved in.

She caught him as he passed the stairs, then she dropped to prone and aimed.

"Freeze." She said simply.

The boy froze and turned to her slowly with a deer in headlights expression.

"Stay where you are. Any rash moves and I'll shoot." She said calmly.

"Now keep your hands where I can see them."

Whatever Harry had been expecting this wasn't it.

End chapter 6.

*Omake*

This winter on a forum near you.

*Ominous music*

Voice: Draco Malfoy though that Hogwarts was a safe and fun place."

*Draco and his goons beat up on some little kid.*

Voice: Unfortunately he had no idea just how wrong he was."

*Crabbe notices something and walks towards it curious*

Draco: You got to believe me teacher. They are here!

*A dark room. Something stirs deep within it we catch a glimpse of something brown*

Girl: Right. Get real. Nothing dangerous could ever get in on Hogwarts Malfoy.

*Crabbe starts poking the object just off screen. Suddenly it leaps. It's a cardboard box. Music intensifies fiercely*

Goyle: Crabbe no!

*Draco runs. Goyle slams a door shut behind him, only to see a cardboard box in front of him. He screams*

Draco: Where are they coming from?!

*Draco is in a dark corridor junction staring into the darkness.*

Draco: Lumos

*Suddenly the three Cardboard Boxes around him become visible. Draco Screams. Fade to black*

*Text appears*

ATTACK OF THE CARDBOARD BOXES.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMFG... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Line of the week award
"Let's get one thing clear scum. You're worrying about court. I'm wondering where I'll be hiding the body. You really need to work on your priorities."

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shadowtraveler
Padawan Learner

Post by Shadowtraveler »

The only way that could have ended better is if Big Boss called him Luscious.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Shadowtraveler wrote:The only way that could have ended better is if Big Boss called him Luscious.
ALready done.

Heh, heh, attack of the cardboard boxes.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Aw, it'd be cool to see more of Big Boss' involvement in the magical world - even him being in a quidditch match of being there to beat the crap out of the big badguy (punching Tom Riddle would've been awesome!).

But still, I like it. And Snake punching the face out of Malfoy is awesome! Man, he made the guy piss himself!

I'm really glad to have read this, especially with school coming up. Thanks, man.

EDIT:

I'd also like it if you progressed through the plot a bit more slowly. I mean, it was just a while ago that we went through the events of the first book, and now Harry's fragged the Basilisk? Those are books with hundreds of pages, having them skimmed through in a few quick posts is, well, kinda fast.

Take it slow, have more badass stuff happen. Maybe that's just because I just want to spend the rest of eternity reading MGS: Slytherin Eater, never having it end.

Or at least make sure that by the time of the Order of the Phoenix, when shit hits the fan and stuff, Snake'll be there to kick ass ;)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Rogue 11
Padawan Learner

Post by Rogue 11 »

You'll like the next part then.

Yeah I've been racing through the early books. To get the plot like I wanted a total rewrite of everything would lead to some serious troubles (AND make it far less fun to write for me) to get everything to fit. Oh it'll fit sure in the end, but a lot of work.

So... Instead it's just diverging over time. Letting the changes build up over time. Not bothering to write what is going according to the books.

Now next year will both have far more changes. And storywise: It'll be almost purely Big Boss's show.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Nice to see a new chapter, but I was disappointed that the battle with the Basilisk was only mentioned in passing. Hopefully, there will be A LOT MORE violence in future chapters.

By the way, is the wolf named after Sniper Wolf's pet in The Last Days of FOXHOUND?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Rogue 11
Padawan Learner

Post by Rogue 11 »

Yes it is. That comic was a major source of inspiration for this.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Alrighty then, I eagerly await the next chapter of mucho Big Bossery!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

At this point in time, what are Solid and Liquid Snake, along with Grey Fox, up to right now?
BotM Cybertronian
Rogue 11
Padawan Learner

Post by Rogue 11 »

Lesse.... If I haven't messed up the years right at 1993 Solid is either in university or in the marines. He's a fresh rookie in foxhound 1995 so that's the logical assessment.

Liquid's pretty much the same. Either in university or in the military (I don't think he's quite gone merc yet)

Grey Fox I believe I mentioned in the early chapters. Chapter 2 or 3 IIRC. He's in foxhound kicking ass.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Rogue 11 wrote:Lesse.... If I haven't messed up the years right at 1993 Solid is either in university or in the marines. He's a fresh rookie in foxhound 1995 so that's the logical assessment.

Liquid's pretty much the same. Either in university or in the military (I don't think he's quite gone merc yet)
According to Wikipedia, Liquid Snake fought in Operation Desert Storm.
In 1990 Liquid works for the British special force SAS in missions which involve the destruction of mobile SCUD missle launchers in the Gulf War. It is during this time he is captured by Iraqi forces and brainwashed. As a result of his imprisonment and brainwashing his goals became terroism and world domination.

Liquid was rescued from Iraq by the U.S. government and returns to England in 1994.
So at this time, he's rotting away in an Iraqi prison.

I believe it was mentioned that Solid Snake also fought in Operation Desert Storm, but I'm having trouble finding a website detailing this. Anyways, 'Metal Gear' is set in 1995, so Snake is likely in the military at this time. (It was speculated that Solid Snake was a Navy SEAL, due to the fact he could operate a SDV in 'Metal Gear Solid'.)
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

This ia one of the greatest stories I have ever read. Just seeing Big Boss the muggle kicking wizard ass is worth every moment.

One question, what does omake mean?
montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

FaxModem1 wrote:This ia one of the greatest stories I have ever read. Just seeing Big Boss the muggle kicking wizard ass is worth every moment.

One question, what does omake mean?
Omake usually refers to an extra bonus material in a story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omake
holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

Are We there YET!?
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

hmm, how long until the next update?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Dang it, thought there was an update. Have some patience and remember: WYGIWYGAINGW
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

WYGIWYGAINGW?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Yes, WYGIWYGAINGW.
Hammerman! Hammer!
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

What You Get is What You Get and Is not Getting What?
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Singular Quartet wrote:What You Get is What You Get and Is not Getting What?
No. What you get is what your given and it's no good whining.

Much more useful than that pussy WYSIWYG.
Hammerman! Hammer!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Man, the lack of updates is depressing me. I think I'll go killing myself by eating a tub full of beans.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!