Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

haard wrote:...what is stargate wars?
Visit Stargatewars or its wiki?
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

Ah, the good old giant thread. I direct all alliance members to this thread: http://sdnsystemlords.jconserv.net/viewtopic.php?t=138

haard
As for the game. In someways, think of a very basic game like Master of Orion then add a few tens of thousands of other people. Some of whom are good and reasonable. Others are basicly bullies who apparently think that rank and alliance connections will get someone to cower and fold. Most, well, most I have no fucking clue about.

As to races, there are four you can choose from when you start. The asgard (sometimes called little gray men) are fucking masters of defense and pissing people off with said defense. They gain bonuses to that stat and can eventually build a tech that renders a percentage of attacks total failures.

The Goa'ulds get a bonus to income and have no cost to bank currency. Otherwise they are bog standard. Special tech has to do with raising units your attacking armies kill. The Tau'ri get a bonus to there attack strength. The Replicators get bonuses to spying and spykilling. I have no idea what the tau'ri or legos get for specal techs.

Basic ideas behind it: you gain units every day which you train into miners (to produce income), attack troops, defense troops, spies, and spy killers. To go with your troops, you build weapons (what good is a random being against fucking energy weapons?) and a few general boosts. For the spies and sky killers, you've got covert and anti-covert levels as well as some techs there as well.

For a good while, the main source of income for accounts is attacking mostly dead accounts. These will end up with basicly no defensive ability. Though even then, you have to watch out for the motherfucking morons who think 170 million in in-game currency from a idiot who can't be assed to defend themself is equal to one of the most resource depentant assets in the game.

Once you are more solid, you get to build up a mothership (complete with an often odd name) which is used to add to attacks, resist invasions, and find/take planets. Planets are some of the nice high risk/high reward bits in the game. Awesome benefits as long as you can hold them.

Now, I think that covers things decently well. And of course, none of it has been influenced by a jackass who spent a good two days or so dicking around one of my officers and a high ranker in the alliance. If you have any other questions haard, post them. Someone will be able to answer it.

Oh yes, and if you play, look for a commander. I'd guess most members of the alliance wouldn't mind taking a new power under their wing.
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:Oh yes, and if you play, look for a commander. I'd guess most members of the alliance wouldn't mind taking a new power under their wing.
I volunteer. I can use the extra UP. Once I get you up there.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Hmmm, can't stand to read the early posts in this and the first thread. I sound so ... naive. :?
As for Repli special tech, its Advanced Unit Regeneration SubRoutine (some units are resurrected after battle).
--
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

That's right. I rather liked that one, in idea at least.
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

Braedley wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:Oh yes, and if you play, look for a commander. I'd guess most members of the alliance wouldn't mind taking a new power under their wing.
No daddy!! Say it isn't soooooo!! i'M YOUR SPECIAL ONE. :P
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Stile wrote:
Braedley wrote:
Who said I would get rid of you? Daddy just wants a few more free units, that's all.
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

Braedley wrote:
Done.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is your style

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

Thus Aristotle laid it down that a heavy object falls faster then a light one does.
The important thing about this idea is not that he was wrong, but that it never occurred to Aristotle to check it.
- Albert Szent-Györgyi de Nagyrápolt
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

Stile wrote:
Braedley wrote:

Nah-nah-na!

Thus Aristotle laid it down that a heavy object falls faster then a light one does.
The important thing about this idea is not that he was wrong, but that it never occurred to Aristotle to check it.
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

...and threw in an application to the alliance for good measure.

Btw, I use the name "wrathkin" in game, since I've been using that in games since the mid-ninties, and I'm not gonna change anytime soon.

So now what?

Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Defence!! I don't need you loosing my money!

And UP, of course.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'll send him a thousand starter units....

(I'm evil right?)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Decue
Padawan Learner

Post by Decue »

I sent him 10k units and 500 turns... and naq he can take of me anytime...
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

Wee! Free stuff! Now if I only knew what to do with it....
So what defence/attack ratio is a good one while building up?

Right now:
I have a Mothership that's 200/200/200, 5100 super defenders with best weapon, and 3000 attackers with best weapon, a thousand miners, and 2,3k each of intelligence and counter intelligence. Also researched everything available and raised covert levels to 10/10. UP 424/day.

How long should I stick to bottom feeding? Should I just prioritize UP and defence for now?

ed: fixed error

Decue
Padawan Learner

Post by Decue »

lots and lots of more miners! Counter intelligence is useless (they kill the enemys intelligence peple), ensalve them in you mines. You should bottom feed untill you can get to the better targets, and you only find them with your intelligence. So you should get a better income, but you need to be able to hide it (intelligence) and defend it.
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

Decue wrote:lots and lots of more miners! Counter intelligence is useless (they kill the enemys intelligence peple), ensalve them in you mines. You should bottom feed untill you can get to the better targets, and you only find them with your intelligence. So you should get a better income, but you need to be able to hide it (intelligence) and defend it.
Ok - restructuring started (now at 3.4k miners). What's a sane target amount of intelligence agents? (I now have lvl 16, 7.3k).

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yeah, I'm assended I have 100,000 spies at level 20.

20,000 best of attack and defense, and I'm still a weakling.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Velthuijsen
Padawan Learner

Post by Velthuijsen »

I'd say 100 attackers then feed of the inactive accounts.
Bunch up on defense, you want to have billions of it - only the 2nd stage defenders and the best weapons.
Mothership - start with shielding since it determines the amount of shields/weapons lost, ignore hangarbays unless you plan on grabbing a planet.
Spies, you don't need huge masses of them (if you go on the inactive feeding course) and unless you plan to ascend can ignore counter intelligence.

If you get the hang of the inactive account whacking you can start buying more turns on the public market, just make sure you hit targets that are worth 100 million naq or more for profit.
Also if you do go after inactives you don't need a lot of miners because if done well your income due to looting other players will far outstrip what you can earn with miners. Do build up for that extra naw though.
haard
Padawan Learner

Post by haard »

How do I get an account at the alliance forum?

Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Registering there works. :wink:
--
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Is there a guild for SD on stargate wars and if so whats the name.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

dragon wrote:Is there a guild for SD on stargate wars and if so whats the name.
SDN System Lords
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Argosh wrote:Registering there works. :wink:
I've also good things about offering naq or units to the alliance leader. :P
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Beowulf wrote:
dragon wrote:Is there a guild for SD on stargate wars and if so whats the name.
SDN System Lords
Hum might just have to apply then.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Ok is there a way to prevent from getting massed. I losed over 100k defensive troops and my mother ship got creamed.