Best "Ass kicking time" character theme songs

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

As some have already said, the Hell March tunes are great and Flash Gordon by Queen is also an awesome choice.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Unicron's Theme
Space and its many dangers was never portrayed better. 8)

As for the Hellsing OVA soundtrack, the techno track that plays during Jan and Walter's confrontation in episode 2 is cool. As is the end theme to episode 1, especially when the choir sets in as we glimpse the silouettes of the Millennium trio. :D

I also like Gunbuster's theme (or march) going through the series. Asskicking approaching!
mjn6172
Padawan Learner

Post by mjn6172 »

All of my favorite ones from movies are already mentioned, so let me throw in a few wrestling songs into the mix. The Ultimate Warrior's entrance music back in the day was always fantastic, when you heard it play you knew he was going to run out there and just destroy somebody. Rob Van Dam's WWE music (One of a Kind) also sticks out as a great, energetic entrance song. My absolute favorite though would have to be "Enter Sandman". In the glory days of ECW when the lights went out and that started playing you knew someone was going to get their ASS BEAT! They'd get the whole crowd chanting along to it, it was great :D
Clever and witty signature to be inserted here, just as soon as I think of one.
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Captain Gordon's theme from Disgaea - Hour of Darkness.
It's the kind of theme where you know the hero's going to leap out and dispense some well deserved justice. Albeit in this case Captain Gordon messes up every time.. but that just adds to the charm.
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Grasscutter
Padawan Learner

Post by Grasscutter »

VT-16 wrote:I also like Gunbuster's theme (or march) going through the series. Asskicking approaching!
The Gunbuster theme is fantastic, it's a military march but it's got this wonderfully over-the-top sentai show feel at the same time. You just know the enemies of humanity are going to be smashed with great justice when it starts playing.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Storm Center, from Bleach. Shitty music video, but the song itself is pretty cool. Especially when used in the proper scenes.
Last edited by General Zod on 2006-11-30 04:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

General Zod wrote:Storm Center, from Bleach. Shitty music video, but the song itself is pretty cool. Especially when used in the proper scenes.
Image Image
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
General Zod wrote:Storm Center, from Bleach. Shitty music video, but the song itself is pretty cool. Especially when used in the proper scenes.
Fixed
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

What was that song from the Magnificent Seven? Not the theme, but the one where Clint Eastwood steps out to start killing folks.

Edit - I might be thinking of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Edit2 - Yup, it's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

A lot of good ones have already been mentioned, so I'll just add Killing Machine, CABAL's theme in Firestorm. It stood out among the tracks for TS, and it went real well with shouts of "Run, humans! Run!"
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

"Sgt. Mackenzie" from We Were Soldiers a bagpipe playing while a Huey miniguns a horde of NVA Regulars lying in ambush for the Americans,

and:

"Gina Escapes" from Battlestar Galactica Season two. when you hear it, you know some BAD shit is about to go down...
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Since my initial picks have already been mentioned:

A Silhouette of Doom from Kill Bill Vol. 2, a few things from those films would qualify, but this is the best one. The way it goes from a slow, calm piece to become faster and more intense. Admittedly it's more "duel" music than big battle music.

Kick Some Ass from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, it just goes great with their montage of beating up various people.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

[
quote="DrMckay"]"Sgt. Mackenzie" from We Were Soldiers a bagpipe playing while a Huey miniguns a horde of NVA Regulars lying in ambush for the Americans,
To prove my point, take a look for yourselves... (It's really well-done)

linky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYeA9uSF7E
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

I can't believe no one has mentioned the theme from Terminator 2 when the T-800 is taking on the police forces outside of the Cyberdyne building.

If that's not an ass kicking theme, I don't know what is. 8)
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Bubble Boy wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned the theme from Terminator 2 when the T-800 is taking on the police forces outside of the Cyberdyne building.

If that's not an ass kicking theme, I don't know what is. 8)
Ironically enough I was about to mention the Terminator theme :P .

Ah well: "Bad to the Bone" (Think Terminator2, and the "Black glasses" aura of asskicking).
The "Aliens" theme towards the middle when from slow and serene it goes into overdrive
I have to add Robocop even if it was mentioned a page or two back (Especially once the "Da de dada da-dededaduh! dum dum dum" part starts).
"Riders of Doom" from Conan is indeed damn bad-ass.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.