One Shot (Short Story)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

DarkSilver
Jedi Council Member

One Shot (Short Story)

Post by DarkSilver »

He lived a quiet life.

He looked around the small apartment he called home. The coffee pot was freshly washed, he already had the coffee grinds and filter set up, water waiting to go through the internals and perculate his drink for the next day. The dim glow of his laptop cast a chill light off the coffee table.

He sat in the sofa, leaning forward slightly, looking at the laptop screen. The message still ther, words glowing faintly against the white background. He had lived a quiet life - he paid his bills, he kept out of trouble, and was the picture of the "nice guy". The only thing he ever wanted was to be happy.

The words on the screen haunted him, the had ever since he'd seen them. He briefly fingered the silver framed picture sitting on the coffee table next to the laptop. Yes, he had lived a quiet life, unassuming and quiet - he had let himself become just a statistic, no attention ever drawn to himself.

The sound of the revolver cocking, the hammer sliding into place, then slamming into the firing cap echoed in the small apartment. The splatter of blood, brain and bone made a wet impact on the ceiling and floor. A brief echoing sound, then the room returned to quiet, becoming as motionless as the man who once stayed there.

He had lived a quiet life, it was to bad he chose to end it so loudly.
XBL: Darek Silver | Wii Friend: 5602 6414 0598 0225
LibriumArcana - Roleplaying, Fiction, Irreverence
Trekker (TOS, TNG/DS9-Era) | Warsie (semi-movie purist) | B5'er | TransFan
Cult of Vin Diesel: While it is well known that James Earl Jones performed the voice of Darth Vader, it is less appreciated that Vin Diesel performs the voice of James Earl Jones.
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

awwww....Silver....

that's so sad.... but....

ok i'll leave my morbid side out of this
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU